Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chick-Fil-A is anti-gay marriage

Featured Replies

I'd have eaten Chick-Fil-A today if we had one in Danville and I am still voting Obama in November. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm sure some would, and that's fine with me. I hate poor voter turn out. Sorry state of our union I say.

  • Replies 599
  • Views 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, the extra stuff added by the "author" was cool with you? Tolerant?

Got it.

 

Hey, I'll give it to you -- you're damn good at skirting the issue.

Hey, I'll give it to you -- you're damn good at skirting the issue.

It's easy when you don't see one.:D

Honest question, do you think the "tolerance" issue goes both ways? Do you think the outcry about his stance/answer to the issue of gay marriage deserved the venom from the homosexual crowd? I'm not being obtuse, being serious! I'd be interested in your answer.

Exactly. Post facts and I'll pay attention. Nothing more than skewed rhetoric and opinion in that mess.

 

Not sure how you call it just opinion when the links have been provided for you to see where he gets his info.

 

The only subjective part would be in the descriptions of the organizations (maybe). The links document the contributions to these groups.

Honest question, do you think the "tolerance" issue goes both ways? Do you think the outcry about his stance/answer to the issue of gay marriage deserved the venom from the homosexual crowd? I'm not being obtuse, being serious! I'd be interested in your answer.

 

I've followed this at the 30k foot level so I'm not completely in tune with the "venom" other than what someone said Roseanne Barr said. Other than the expression of disagreement by the gay community how much venom did I miss?

Honest question, do you think the "tolerance" issue goes both ways? Do you think the outcry about his stance/answer to the issue of gay marriage deserved the venom from the homosexual crowd? I'm not being obtuse, being serious? I'd be interested in your answer.

 

Well, I think anyone who didn't expect his answer is being obtuse. He is the CEO of a deeply religious company. I also think donating to groups that want to "pray away the gay" and comments like the following are worthy of a rebuttal from the homosexual crowd:

 

if you support gay marriage, you "are inviting God's judgment on our nation," and that we "shake our fist at Him" when we do. Dan Cathy also said same-sex marriage is the result of a "deprived" mind and called it "twisted up kind of stuff."

 

While I firmly believe he is entitled to his beliefs he is also entitled to the repercussions of said beliefs. But honestly I don't see how the homosexual communities response (for the most part) has been too venomous. His beliefs are bigoted and directed towards the core of their lives. From what I've seen the homosexual communities' response has been a peaceful protest.

 

Hope that answers it.

Well, I think anyone who didn't expect his answer is being obtuse. He is the CEO of a deeply religious company. I also think donating to groups that want to "pray away the gay" and comments like the following are worthy of a rebuttal from the homosexual crowd:

 

if you support gay marriage, you "are inviting God's judgment on our nation," and that we "shake our fist at Him" when we do. Dan Cathy also said same-sex marriage is the result of a "deprived" mind and called it "twisted up kind of stuff."

 

While I firmly believe he is entitled to his beliefs he is also entitled to the repercussions of said beliefs. But honestly I don't see how the homosexual communities response (for the most part) has been too venomous. His beliefs are bigoted and directed towards the core of their lives. From what I've seen the homosexual communities' response has been a peaceful protest.

 

Hope that answers it.

It does. But I'll ask this in response, (and thanks by the way) and perhaps venomous was too strong a word. If what Roseanne said has to be what qualifies as venomous, well, I haven't read anything else like that. Doesn't it go both ways? If his reply is bigoted against their beliefs, aren't theirs equally the same towards his beliefs? While I admit I've never heard homosexuals denounce heterosexual marriage, let's for argument sake say they do, is that the same?
It does. But I'll ask this in response, (and thanks by the way) and perhaps venomous was too strong a word. If what Roseanne said has to be what qualifies as venomous, well, I haven't read anything else like that. Doesn't it go both ways? If his reply is bigoted against their beliefs, aren't theirs equally the same towards his beliefs? While I admit I've never heard homosexuals denounce heterosexual marriage, let's for argument sake say they do, is that the same?

 

Yea, my qualifier was directed towards Roseanne, which was definitely venomous. I don't see how the main homosexual reply is bigoted towards his beliefs. I'm not seeing anyone saying he can't continue to go to a church that believes that way. But he is saying they shouldn't be allowed to marry who they choose.

 

Yes, if a homosexual denounces heterosexual marriage they are definitely being bigoted towards heterosexuals.

It does. But I'll ask this in response, (and thanks by the way) and perhaps venomous was too strong a word. If what Roseanne said has to be what qualifies as venomous, well, I haven't read anything else like that. Doesn't it go both ways? If his reply is bigoted against their beliefs, aren't theirs equally the same towards his beliefs? While I admit I've never heard homosexuals denounce heterosexual marriage, let's for argument sake say they do, is that the same?

 

I struggle with calling a group "bigoted" when they're looking to move up to "equal."

Yea, my qualifier was directed towards Roseanne, which was definitely venomous. I don't see how the main homosexual reply is bigoted towards his beliefs. I'm not seeing anyone saying he can't continue to go to a church that believes that way. But he is saying they shouldn't be allowed to marry who they choose.

 

Yes, if a homosexual denounces heterosexual marriage they are definitely being bigoted towards heterosexuals.

I know we seldom see eye to eye, but I appreciate your response and your opinion.

I struggle with calling a group "bigoted" when they're looking to move up to "equal."

And I struggle to see how tolerance is expected to only travel one direction.

And I struggle to see how tolerance is expected to only travel one direction.

 

Your point is true however I still can't call a group bigoted if they're wanting equal rights UNLESS they are resorting to vile/venom against the other side.

Guy is entitled to his beliefs, and no one should be vindictive towards him. His company obviously already gives away some cash by being closed on Sundays, and I'm glad he spoke his mind when asked. That's refreshing. I wish politicians would take stances on all kinds of issues like he did, either way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.