July 2, 201214 yr Is it possible you are too into it? Probably, but most losses don't bother me. Bruce being lazy was very bothersome.
July 2, 201214 yr I didn't see the play but it didn't sounds good on the radio. They gave one away today.
July 2, 201214 yr I haven't decided if Bruce was being lazy or didn't know where the wall was. Heavily leaning towards lazy though. Either way, the ball should have been caught easily.
July 2, 201214 yr I haven't decided if Bruce was being lazy or didn't know where the wall was. Heavily leaning towards lazy though. Either way, the ball should have been caught easily. I might feel the same way if he had never played there before.
July 2, 201214 yr Jay Bruce @JayABruce #Embarrassing He said he thought the wall was closer. I guess he thought he was already on the warning track too
July 2, 201214 yr Jay Bruce @JayABruce #Embarrassing He said he thought the wall was closer. Lets see: #1 CF should have been helping him out by talking/yelling to him where the wall was. #2 You go to and feel for the wall, then come in or at least, feel for the outfield warning track under your feet and if your a pro, then you should have know how far it is to the wall because it's your job to know. That stuff is taught in HS to outfielders. Marty was dumbfounded by the 3rd base coach holding the runner at 3rd in the 9th and by Bruce play in the OF. Sorry but it almost sounded to me while listening to the game, like the Reds as a team wanted to get out of SF quickly!
July 2, 201214 yr I thought it was pretty clear that he just thought the wall was closer. I didn't think he was dogging it.
July 2, 201214 yr I haven't decided if Bruce was being lazy or didn't know where the wall was. Heavily leaning towards lazy though. Either way, the ball should have been caught easily. I saw zero indication that he was lazy. He just misjudged it.
July 2, 201214 yr I saw zero indication that he was lazy. He just misjudged it. He sure did, by about 20 feet.
July 2, 201214 yr I thought it was pretty clear that he just thought the wall was closer. I didn't think he was dogging it. I saw zero indication that he was lazy. He just misjudged it. The first thing they teach as a LL is to turn and run. Don't just keep drifting back. That's what he was doing. He's played in that ballpark enough times to know where the wall is.
July 2, 201214 yr Lets see: #1 CF should have been helping him out by talking/yelling to him where the wall was. #2 You go to and feel for the wall, then come in or at least, feel for the outfield warning track under your feet and if your a pro, then you should have know how far it is to the wall because it's your job to know. That stuff is taught in HS to outfielders. Marty was dumbfounded by the 3rd base coach holding the runner at 3rd in the 9th and by Bruce play in the OF. Sorry but it almost sounded to me while listening to the game, like the Reds as a team wanted to get out of SF quickly! Bruce didn't even get to the track so there was no need for the CFer to tell him anything. No CFer in the bigs is saying anything on that one. MLB players make mistakes. Why are we shocked when they do? It happens.
July 2, 201214 yr Bruce didn't even get to the track so there was no need for the CFer to tell him anything. No CFer in the bigs is saying anything on that one. MLB players make mistakes. Why are we shocked when they do? It happens. You're wrong about the CF. If he's not telling him he has room, he's not doing his job. You do that well before the ball is approaching the track. No clue if it happened, but it should have. CF has the angle, gotta let him know. I saw the replay, I also don't think he was dogging it. If anything, he lost focus and he ran out of time to adjust. He made a mistake, probably won't be his last. But he's the best outfielder on the squad IMO. One of those things.
July 2, 201214 yr The first thing they teach as a LL is to turn and run. Don't just keep drifting back. That's what he was doing. He's played in that ballpark enough times to know where the wall is. Do they teach how to play outfield on the San Fran Bay with winds swirling hard in LL? You sprint to the spot you read off the bat and the ball ends up 50 feet in a different direction. Good God these Reds threads become more and more unbearable by the day...
July 2, 201214 yr The first thing they teach as a LL is to turn and run. Don't just keep drifting back. That's what he was doing. He's played in that ballpark enough times to know where the wall is. Sometimes you just have to say he screwed up and not attach anything else to it. He got there. Should have caught it. Nothing more than that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.