Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds@ Giants Series 6/28 thru 7/1/12

Featured Replies

Reds travel to AT&T Park to take on the Giants in a four game series. ekubum carried the ball for us with the Brewers series win. I'm feeling the pressure to bring home at least 3 out of 4. May call in sick tomorrow and Friday. :D

  • Replies 398
  • Views 41.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge road trip for the Reds. One thing the Reds have going for them is their ace will be starting the 1st game of the road trip, and the last game. He is scheduled to pitch in each series, so he'll start 3 of the 11 games.

I see we called in the big dog for the start of the road trip.

What are the pitching matchups for the Giants series?

What are the pitching matchups for the Giants series?

 

Thursday: Cin- Cueto

SF-Bumgarner

 

Friday: Cin-Leake

SF-Cain

 

Saturday: Cin-Latos

SF-Zito

 

Sunday: Cin-Arroyo

SF- Vogelsong

Leake-Cain is a huge mismatch, doesn't always play out like that, but I don't like the Reds odds there.

I was at the game and then traveling so I didn't get in on the fun on Wednesday but I must admit you guys were hilarious on some of the things discussed. I hope everyone saw the attempts to catch two fly balls against the wall by Heisey. Stubbs NEVER makes those plays that close. Of course you can't if you're sitting next to the "toothpick". So much for having a good game the day before and being rewarded. I know I read the part that Dusty had already told him he was getting a much needed day off after playing 2 in a row. 10 days on the DL wasn't enough rest I guess. Yes Homer is back to being "el stinko", nothing much else to say here. Simon looked good until Dusty tried to extend him for a 3rd inning. Arredondo with a little help from Johnny Baker made my decision to exit the park early much easier. I guess with the 2 solo ding dongs Ludwick will keep Heisey and Frazier on the bench. West coast swing should tell us what this team is made of but quite honestly I can't get too excited about playing the Giants and the Dodgers with the way the team has been playing 3-6 in their last 9. Thankfully they play the Padres 4 to end the 1st half of the season.

I'll be at the Thursday and Saturday games. Really liking forward to it. My wife's 40 th bday present to me. We fly out this morning.

No Lincecum. That's always a good thing.

No Lincecum. That's always a good thing.

 

With the way he is pitching that's who you'd want to face. Although I could see the Reds getting him back on track with 12 K's in 6 innings.

Leake-Cain is a huge mismatch, doesn't always play out like that, but I don't like the Reds odds there.

 

If I'm not mistaken, the Reds are one of the few teams that have actually had decent success against Cain.

With the way he is pitching that's who you'd want to face. Although I could see the Reds getting him back on track with 12 K's in 6 innings.

Solid last night (7inn, 0R, 4H, 2BB, 8K). And if I had to choose one of them to miss, personally, it'd be him. Some might say Cain.

Solid last night (7inn, 0R, 4H, 2BB, 8K). And if I had to choose one of them to miss, personally, it'd be him. Some might say Cain.

 

Lincecum is getting hot but he shutout a team that has been terrible on offense lately. I would rather miss Cain, but really they're both pretty good so I'm just glad they miss one.

I was at the game and then traveling so I didn't get in on the fun on Wednesday but I must admit you guys were hilarious on some of the things discussed. I hope everyone saw the attempts to catch two fly balls against the wall by Heisey. Stubbs NEVER makes those plays that close. Of course you can't if you're sitting next to the "toothpick". So much for having a good game the day before and being rewarded. I know I read the part that Dusty had already told him he was getting a much needed day off after playing 2 in a row. 10 days on the DL wasn't enough rest I guess. Yes Homer is back to being "el stinko", nothing much else to say here. Simon looked good until Dusty tried to extend him for a 3rd inning. Arredondo with a little help from Johnny Baker made my decision to exit the park early much easier. I guess with the 2 solo ding dongs Ludwick will keep Heisey and Frazier on the bench. West coast swing should tell us what this team is made of but quite honestly I can't get too excited about playing the Giants and the Dodgers with the way the team has been playing 3-6 in their last 9. Thankfully they play the Padres 4 to end the 1st half of the season.

 

Key word is attempts...

 

One of those was hit by Hart. Stubbs held him to a double Tuesday by not crashing into the wall. Heisey gave up a triple by crashing into the wall and not making the catch.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.