Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds@ Giants Series 6/28 thru 7/1/12

Featured Replies

I was at the game and then traveling so I didn't get in on the fun on Wednesday but I must admit you guys were hilarious on some of the things discussed. I hope everyone saw the attempts to catch two fly balls against the wall by Heisey. Stubbs NEVER makes those plays that close. Of course you can't if you're sitting next to the "toothpick". So much for having a good game the day before and being rewarded. I know I read the part that Dusty had already told him he was getting a much needed day off after playing 2 in a row. 10 days on the DL wasn't enough rest I guess. Yes Homer is back to being "el stinko", nothing much else to say here. Simon looked good until Dusty tried to extend him for a 3rd inning. Arredondo with a little help from Johnny Baker made my decision to exit the park early much easier. I guess with the 2 solo ding dongs Ludwick will keep Heisey and Frazier on the bench. West coast swing should tell us what this team is made of but quite honestly I can't get too excited about playing the Giants and the Dodgers with the way the team has been playing 3-6 in their last 9. Thankfully they play the Padres 4 to end the 1st half of the season.

 

Now you're just talking non sense. Heisey clearly butchered the 1st fly ball. It should have been caught, and would have been a can of corn for Stubbs.

  • Replies 398
  • Views 41.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lincecum is getting hot but he shutout a team that has been terrible on offense lately. I would rather miss Cain, but really they're both pretty good so I'm just glad they miss one.

Can't argue that logic.

Cain vs. Reds: 4-4, 3.19 ERA

Bumgarner vs. Reds: 0-2, 8.56 ERA

Zito vs. Reds: 3-4, 6.79 ERA

Vogelsong vs. Reds: 2-3, 5.48 ERA

 

Cueto vs. Giants: 2-0, 1.64 ERA

Leake vs. Giants: 2-0, 5.68 ERA

Latos vs. Giants: 3-3, 2.35 ERA

Arroyo vs. Giants: 3-5, 3.14 ERA

Now you're just talking non sense. Heisey clearly butchered the 1st fly ball. It should have been caught, and would have been a can of corn for Stubbs.

 

Pretty sure that's what he was saying, as in "Those aren't close plays with Stubbs, they're routine".

We can argue all we want who's a better defensive outfielder. My position is that Stubbs should be elite. No one with that speed should be an average to below average outfielder. I have to wonder how much he works on his craft.

 

Pretty sure that's what he was saying, as in "Those aren't close plays with Stubbs, they're routine".

 

You're right. I misread that. Sorry EZ.

Pretty sure that's what he was saying, as in "Those aren't close plays with Stubbs, they're routine".

 

You're right. I misread that. Sorry EZ.

 

I don't think that's what he meant at all. He meant that Stubbs wouldn't have attempted to catch the balls, similiar to his complaining that Stubbs didn't catch Hart's double on Tuesday.

I don't think that's what he meant at all. He meant that Stubbs wouldn't have attempted to catch the balls, similiar to his complaining that Stubbs didn't catch Hart's double on Tuesday.

 

That's how I read it also.

I don't think that's what he meant at all. He meant that Stubbs wouldn't have attempted to catch the balls, similiar to his complaining that Stubbs didn't catch Hart's double on Tuesday.

 

 

Well that's what I thought at first because I thought EZ was always complaining about Stubbs, but then he went on to compliment Stubbs, and rag on Dusty so I was confused. Just tell us what you mean daggone it EZ. :lol:

Reds need to get Votto hot again to help us carry us through this road trip. Votto has been swinging at some of the worst pitches and yet letting fast balls go right down the middle. He is allowed to swing at a first pitch fastball, is he not?

Reds need to get Votto hot again to help us carry us through this road trip. Votto has been swinging at some of the worst pitches and yet letting fast balls go right down the middle. He is allowed to swing at a first pitch fastball, is he not?

 

 

I thought it would be at least 6-7 years before we saw anyone complaining about Votto's hitting, or his approach to hitting.

  • Author
I thought it would be at least 6-7 years before we saw anyone complaining about Votto's hitting, or his approach to hitting.

 

I wasn't going to say anything but Chapman's tuck was very loose on his second somersault.

I'll be at the Thursday and Saturday games. Really liking forward to it. My wife's 40 th bday present to me. We fly out this morning.

That is awesome, have a great trip!

Pretty sure that's what he was saying, as in "Those aren't close plays with Stubbs, they're routine".

 

Not what I was saying at all. Stubbs doesn't even attempt to catch those. He won't battle the wall if he has to. He will jump up and attempt to catch a ball over the wall but rarely do you see him sacrifice his body on the wall or on a slide. I compare Heisey to Freel when it comes to sacrificing his body to try to make a play. Now I am not condoning doing that recklessly because we all know how often Freel was injured from playing like that. Stubbs relies on pure speed to run balls down but coming in and going back on balls is a real weakness in his game. I think it is because he doesn't read the ball off the bat that well and doesn't get a great jump. Some outfielders do this well and others don't. Stubbs is one of those that imo doesn't.

I don't think that's what he meant at all. He meant that Stubbs wouldn't have attempted to catch the balls, similiar to his complaining that Stubbs didn't catch Hart's double on Tuesday.

 

Exactly.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.