June 28, 201214 yr Gonna be tough for people to complain about that one... Not at all. Ludwick did hit 2 HR yesterday. I guess that wasn't productive enough. See, that was easy. :lol::lol: Before anyone (VOR) complains, I was kidding.
June 29, 201214 yr Would bunting more really help Drew Stubbs? | Cincinnati Reds Last season, a caller into the local sports talk show was adamant: “Why isn’t Drew Stubbs bunting more? He’s wasting his speed swinging for home runs and all it does is lead to strikeouts!!” It’s a refrain heard frequently from fans in regards to the Reds center fielder. Frustrated by his strikeouts and intrigued by his speed – after all, he may be one of the ten fastest players in the game right now – many fans are looking for anything to get Stubbs to put the ball in play more. For many fans, strikeouts are a disaster, a waste of an at bat. And when that player has the speed of a gazelle, failing to put the ball in play is an even bigger problem. But what would it really mean if Drew Stubbs bunted more? Would it improve his stat line, like many fans believe, or would the more sabermetrically inclined be right in suggesting that more bunting would result in Stubbs trading home runs for singles and hurt his overall value? While bunting more would likely increase his average and decrease his strikeouts, it would also decrease his extra-base hits and walks. As the Joey Gaithright example shows, if he cannot manage to get on base at a good clip via the bunt, it might actually hurt his overall value. So what's your take? Dusty has him in the top of the order for one reason to get on base ahead of Votto. Wasn't there just a huge discussion about how often Votto comes to the plate with noone on base. His job is not to hit home runs in the top 2 of the order but to get on base period!!
June 29, 201214 yr Yep, I think that's pretty much the go to lineup although Ludwick is making it hard to keep him out of the lineup. With his solo HRs? I'd take somebody in there that would make contact a little more often when there are men on base and no I have not looked at the numbers on how much contact Ludwick makes with men on base. I'll leave that up to DMD since I'm sure he already knows that information.
June 29, 201214 yr With his solo HRs? I'd take somebody in there that would make contact a little more often when there are men on base and no I have not looked at the numbers on how much contact Ludwick makes with men on base. I'll leave that up to DMD since I'm sure he already knows that information. Heisey has the best numbers with men on base out of Ludwick, Frazier and Heisey...
June 29, 201214 yr Dusty is an idiot, valdez should be at 2nd. For my thoughts on Phillips, follow me on Twitter :lol:
June 29, 201214 yr Dusty is an idiot, valdez should be at 2nd. For my thoughts on Phillips, follow me on Twitter :lol: At the end of the day does it really matter? The correct answer is no.
June 29, 201214 yr You kidding me CB, where was that? Blows strike 3 for 3rd out. Giants go on to score twice. :madman:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.