Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds@ Giants Series 6/28 thru 7/1/12

Featured Replies

 

Do they teach how to play outfield on the San Fran Bay with winds swirling hard in LL? You sprint to the spot you read off the bat and the ball ends up 50 feet in a different direction. Good God these Reds threads become more and more unbearable by the day...

That's our secret plan. In hopes of keeping you away for good. :lol:

  • Replies 398
  • Views 41.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do they teach how to play outfield on the San Fran Bay with winds swirling hard in LL? You sprint to the spot you read off the bat and the ball ends up 50 feet in a different direction. Good God these Reds threads become more and more unbearable by the day...

 

I agree. They're tough to read. Dumsty. This guy sucks. That guy sucks. He dogs it. Trade him. Fire the 3rd base coach.

 

I can't imagine what this thread would be like if the Reds were cellar-dwellers.

Sometimes you just have to say he screwed up and not attach anything else to it. He got there. Should have caught it. Nothing more than that.

 

He didn't get there. He tried to jump. If he 'got there' he would have been all the way under the ball.

 

He was drifting the entire time.

 

It's all on Bruce, but Stubbs should have been helping him to, if he wasn't.

You're wrong about the CF. If he's not telling him he has room, he's not doing his job. You do that well before the ball is approaching the track. No clue if it happened, but it should have. CF has the angle, gotta let him know. I saw the replay, I also don't think he was dogging it. If anything, he lost focus and he ran out of time to adjust. He made a mistake, probably won't be his last. But he's the best outfielder on the squad IMO. One of those things.

 

I bet 99% of the CFers are not saying anything on that play because he seems to be tracking it AND he's not to the track yet.

 

Sometimes you just have to say he screwed up and not attach anything else to it. He got there. Should have caught it. Nothing more than that.

 

I'm way over it. Still feel he was lazy on the play:

I knew Dumsty would stick. Gotta pat myself on the back for that one.

I love the threads. I love how passionate everyone is. Love it.

Jay Bruce ‏@JayABruce

 

#Embarrassing

 

 

He said he thought the wall was closer.

 

 

Where's Hammer? Oh, there you are. All star, yea right. :lol:

Where's Hammer? Oh, there you are. All star, yea right. :lol:

 

Another example of overreaction.

 

Apparently, Jay Bruce will be the only AS participant who misplayed a ball.

 

Lame.

I knew Dumsty would stick. Gotta pat myself on the back for that one.

 

You have Dumsty, and I think GT coined E-5. It should make you all feel proud. Terms we'll be using till the end of time.

 

Another example of overreaction.

 

Apparently, Jay Bruce will be the only AS participant who misplayed a ball.

 

Lame.

 

Clyde, these threads are meant to be fun. No need to be serious all the time. That would be boring. I agree with Spindoc. Just fans being passionate about their team.

Clyde, this threads are meant to be fun. No need to be serious all the time. That would be boring. I agree with Spindoc. Just fans being passionate about their team.

 

Serious all the time? I'm not the one who blows a damn gasket when a player makes a blunder.

 

Serious all the time? I'm not the one who blows a damn gasket when a player makes a blunder.

 

So why get upset when people have fun in the threads?

He made a bad play on the ball simple as that. It happens. He owned up to it. Doesn't change the fact that he is an All-Star. He's one of the best RF in the game and that play isn't going to make me change my mind.

And we've seen what its like when the Reds are cellar dwellers, or fall out of contention. Only the die hard fans stick around. ,

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.