High School Hoops in June

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Highlands played Owensboro and Ohio County yesterday in Lou. PRP event. I heard Ohio County made 16 treys and were very good.

Let's all remember that scores are irrelevant in the summer. Scores tell us nothing.

Just tell me who played well. That's what summer is for.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's all remember that scores are irrelevant in the summer. Scores tell us nothing.

After hearing the score of the Highlands / Ohio Co game, I am glad to hear the scores are irrelevant.

I will report that everyone on the Ohio Co roster played well.

Highlands scrimmaged Walton Verona yesterday. It Was a mix of Varsity and JV kids so hard to tell who won and they did Not Keep score. Birds didnt have 6'6 Jr Center Nick True who is attending football Camps I believe.

Core for Highlands looked to be Sr's Witte, Turner,Gronotte and Hinkle. Jrs Houliston, Hergott, Greene, Brockett, Buten and Sophs Feggins and Weyer. Feggins played alot with first 5, he is strong.

Rest of June for Birds.

@Louisville PRP today (3 games starting around 3pm)

@NKU Team camp June 8th, 9th.

@Morehead St Team Camp June 15th.-17th.

Unsure who they will play in those Camps.

Just curious, how did Walton look?

I hear ya, Clyde! Text from my boy at Transylvania Team Camp: "Won our first game--blowout". No more details.

Ohio County should have won their region last year. District tourney casualty I believe.

Ohio Co won thier district in double overtime to Muhlenburg Co. They lost first game of the region to Apollo by 1 point.

Like you that is who I thought would come out of that region. Looks like they may this year.

Just curious, how did Walton look?

They looked decent but lack a solid post player. Moeves brothers are pretty good with Tanner having a nice game attacking the RIM. If he gets stronger he could really be a player to watch the next two yrs. Helton runs the floor Well and has a nice game but didnt see him post much. Lucas is a solid player who could help them as Well. Hard to say how much losing Mcneil will hurt them. Tanner Moeves will have to be their scorer and Helton will need to be their mule on the boards.

No question Ohio Co Was loaded and after looking at their récord last year it appears Apollo stole their crown. I would say they will be the Regional favorite next year.

Highlands Was short a couple typical starters in 6'2 Sr Turner and 6'6 Jr True but Not sure it would have mattered. The boy said OC Was very impressive.

After hearing the score of the Highlands / Ohio Co game, I am glad to hear the scores are irrelevant.

I will report that everyone on the Ohio Co roster played well.

Southwestern played without Kapinga, they played two halfs, I think the first half SW won by about 16 , the second half both coaches played some of the younger kids more, Montgomery won the second by about 6, both teams tryed to work some of the younger kids in and out throughout the second half so there wasnt as much offense on either end.

Anyone around Lexington might want to check out the Lexington Catholic team camp going on the next three days. I know they're are some great varsity match-ups going on all thru the day.