Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Murder of Beechwood grad in Boone County

Featured Replies

  • Author
I saw him say it on the news. It was odd. Seemed desperate.

 

Granted I have not seen/hear him say it, but it seems extremely unprofessional to me, too.

 

I agree, it is so prejudicial.

 

Maybe Dooley was thinking "are you going to hit me with that thing..."

 

How can statements like that be allowed into evidence?

  • Replies 160
  • Views 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't been following the trial but from what I've read here, I'm not buying what the state is trying to sell me.

Everyday innocent people go to jail because the public wants someone to hang for crimes regardless if it's the right person. Sad, I hope his defense attorney Is good.

Is the family of the victim convinced this is the guy that did it? If so does anyone know why? I have a feeling there is more to the story but it isn't allowed in court.

Jury now deliberating.

 

No motive

No weapon

No DNA

Is the family of the victim convinced this is the guy that did it? If so does anyone know why? I have a feeling there is more to the story but it isn't allowed in court.

Yes, they do, the victims sister lives just down the street.

Sounds a lot like Ryan Widmer. Beyond reasonable doubt.

Yes, they do, the victims sister lives just down the street.

I'm pretty close to some of the family, I don't even want to ask.

My cousin is the defense attorney. Works for/with Eric Deters. Selling his soul....anyway...

 

This is a pathetic case by the state. Linda Tally Smith should be embarassed and ashamed, as should the detectives. I don't EVER want to hear "He's the only logical person who could have done it. He was acting weird" during a murder trial. Give me facts. The state just doesn't have any. Maybe he did it, but...just as in the Widmer case...there is too much reasonable doubt to ever convict. I just hope this jury actually understands that.

My cousin is the defense attorney. Works for/with Eric Deters. Selling his soul....anyway...

 

This is a pathetic case by the state. Linda Tally Smith should be embarassed and ashamed, as should the detectives. I don't EVER want to hear "He's the only logical person who could have done it. He was acting weird" during a murder trial. Give me facts. The state just doesn't have any. Maybe he did it, but...just as in the Widmer case...there is too much reasonable doubt to ever convict. I just hope this jury actually understands that.

 

And this is what would infuriate me if it was my family member or a loved one that was murdered. I would much rather wait and have the County Attorney's office gather compelling evidence and build a strong case than to try a suspect on weak evidence, not gain a conviction, and then have the possible murderer walk forever.

  • Author

A motive was also outlined in the article:

 

She also outlined for the first time what they believe Dooley’s motive was for the homicide. Dooley and his wife Janet were janitors at Thermo Fisher Scientific. They had a contract for cleaning the offices that was a flat fee of $1,200 per month but also got paid hourly for cleaning the warehouse.

 

Prosecutors contend they were double dipping, clocking in to clean the warehouse but instead going to clean the offices. They believe Dooley wanted into Mockbee’s office because there were time cards stored in there.

I still think that's a major stretch. He killed her that violently over timecards?

  • Author
I still think that's a major stretch. He killed her that violently over timecards?

 

I am just the messenger based on what is in the article. Certainly we don't know how another human being is thinking so anything is possible but like you that appears to be a weak motive. It really reads to me more as speculation on motive vs. motive but we don't have enough info to make an informed decision.

I'm pretty close to some of the family, I don't even want to ask.

I used to live with the victims sister...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.