Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Murder of Beechwood grad in Boone County

Featured Replies

A motive was also outlined in the article:

 

She also outlined for the first time what they believe Dooley’s motive was for the homicide. Dooley and his wife Janet were janitors at Thermo Fisher Scientific. They had a contract for cleaning the offices that was a flat fee of $1,200 per month but also got paid hourly for cleaning the warehouse.

 

Prosecutors contend they were double dipping, clocking in to clean the warehouse but instead going to clean the offices. They believe Dooley wanted into Mockbee’s office because there were time cards stored in there.

 

Ok...that is some SORT of a theory I guess...but was that theory proven? I mean the prosecution should easily be able to prove that theory, right? I assume the time cards still exist and if the prosecution is saying they somehow prove they were double dipping, they should be able to match that up after the fact, IF the theory holds merit.

  • Replies 160
  • Views 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Ok...that is some SORT of a theory I guess...but was that theory proven? I mean the prosecution should easily be able to prove that theory, right? I assume the time cards still exist and if the prosecution is saying they somehow prove they were double dipping, they should be able to match that up after the fact, IF the theory holds merit.

 

Unless that same theory explains why Dooley couldn't account for all of his time, which the prosecution is rightly using against Dooley.

 

In other words, if the double dipping (theft) is true, that may actually explain why Dooley can't account for all of his time and that would help Dooley. So not knowing every last detail about the alleged thefts allows the prosecution to spin it all anyway they like.

 

This is why a couple of quotes in the newspaper and all the speculation is so scary... This is a murder trial, not a Lifetime Movie Network production.

Unless that same theory explains why Dooley couldn't account for all of his time, which the prosecution is rightly using against Dooley.

 

In other words, if the double dipping (theft) is true, that may actually explain why Dooley can't account for all of his time and that would help Dooley. So not knowing every last detail about the alleged thefts allows the prosecution to spin it all anyway they like.

 

This is why a couple of quotes in the newspaper and all the speculation is so scary... This is a murder trial, not a Lifetime Movie Network production.

 

I guess the point I was trying to make was...the prosecution is throwing a theory out there that they actually should be able to prove. Not saying it's a good theory mind you. But again, if it's a theory that they should have some proof to AND they don't or can't prove that theory, just puts more egg on the face of the prosecution.

 

And I see your point that the theory might actually HELP the defendant more that hurt him.

Yes, they do, the victims sister lives just down the street.

 

For the reasons we heard about in this thread or other reasons?

RT @JackieCongedo: #Dooley Verdict: not guilty kidnapping, guilty murder, guilty of tampering. @WLWT

 

Wow, guilty of murder & tampering

If you made me guess I'd say he's probably the murderer.

 

However, it's scary one can get convicted beyond a reasonable doubt with the lack of evidence this case had.

Yeah deep down I hope its him because if it isn't you have a defeated man with no hope.

He's looking at 20 to life.

 

Court is currently in session for sentencing.

 

Jury deliberated for 19 hours over 2 days.

RT @JackieCongedo: Discussing criminal history. Convicted of second degree burglary in '93. Theft in '95. @WLWT #Dooley

 

RT @JackieCongedo: More criminal history: convicted of receiving stolen prop, possession of handgun by a felon and soliciting prostitution. @WLWT #Dooley

In that case fry him. Good Lord I've seen worse rap sheets. Like I said, someone was going to burn for this and he was the one.

RT @JackieCongedo: Judge has dismissed jury until 10 tomorrow morning to continue deliberating re: David #Dooley 's sentence. @WLWT

I guess I can comment on this now. I was working the morning when the call came in and thought that day that he was the killer and this verdict does not surprise me. Listened to the 911 call and immediately thought it was him and the more I found out about his actions that morning only confirmed it to me. That's all I will go into on here.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.