Ryle/NCC 9th Region Semifinal Predictions

Ryle and Newport Central Catholic will meet up for the third time this season on Wednesday night at Florence Freedom in the semifinal round of the 9th Region tourney. They have met twice earlier this season and each team was on the winning end of a 5-4 score, so this will be the rubber match. Both teams used their aces in the opening round game and will be unavailable. So who ya got?

I will stay with Ryle. Their #2 pitcher, Mitch Lawson, is very good as long as he stays away from walks. Ryle has been swinging the bats fairly well and has been playing very solid defense. I look for them to win this somewhere along the lines of a 7-3 score.

Who will be pitching for NCC in this one?

I was suprised NCC brought in Andy Miller to pitch the 6th and 7th innings of last nights game against St. Henry when the score was 8-0. Especially after he pitched very well against Ryle earlier this year at Ryle. I would think he would get the start against them again, however, since he pitched last night I really don't know.

Thoughts?

What are the pitching restrictions in HS baseball?

I was suprised NCC brought in Andy Miller to pitch the 6th and 7th innings of last nights game against St. Henry when the score was 8-0. Especially after he pitched very well against Ryle earlier this year at Ryle. I would think he would get the start against them again, however, since he pitched last night I really don't know.

Thoughts?

1-2 IP-no rest required

3-5 IP-one day rest required

6 IP-two days rest required

7 IP-three days rest required

1 pitch counts as an inning

No more than 9 innings in one day and no more than 15 innings in a 7 day period

Thoughts?

I didn't realize they pulled Cain after 5 innings. That would make him available for Wednesday night's game (needs only one day rest).

Less than 3 innings - no rest needed

3-5 innings - 1 day rest needed

6 innings - 2 days rest needed

7 or more innings - 3 days rest needed

Maximum 9 innings in a day and 15 innings in a week.

1 pitch = 1 inning (i.e., 5 innings plus one pitch in 6th inning, regardless whether an out was made, is equal to 6 innings).

1-2 IP-no rest required

3-5 IP-one day rest required

6 IP-two days rest required

7 IP-three days rest required

1 pitch counts as an inning

No more than 9 innings in one day and no more than 15 innings in a 7 day period

Guess we were typing at the same time. Apparently you type faster. :D

So who is starting for Ryle? I have heard Ernst is going to. Coop, you mentioned Lawson.

Well, perhaps in the interest of disclosing something Coach Roesel might prefer I not, I probably should not specifically say. I will only say that Lawson has been the official #2 all year long, while Ernst has indeed had a terrific season himself (35 innings, 0.61 ERA, including a complete game 3-hit 6-1 win over Dixie). I think either one will be effective and limit NCC offensively. Again, however, Ryle will need to bring their hitting sticks and not expect their pitcher to hold the opponent to 1 or 2 runs.