Newport Central Catholic 2012

Ram

Sounded like the kid was going to NCC before he even showed up in the state. Maybe he got here and realized how many steps it was to get to school. That is a great recruiting point for HC over NCC. Works all the time

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the kid wasn't very popular but I must say I'm a bit disappointed at how some of his former NCC teammates are handling it. I'm old. I guess I forget what it was like to be 17.

A. Yes, I imagine when you look back at 17, the memories are in black and white and some of the reel flickers. My color is starting to fade and you are way older than me.

B. High School kids + Twitter = AWFUL idea. I'm glad that it wasn't around when I was younger. I had a very weak filter back then. However, you have to remember that you are representing your school as well. I have a feeling that Eddie will remedy this quickly.

Come on. Kid did nothing wrong. EVERY kid looks out for themselves. Human nature.

IMO, which is mine alone, if I were a player for NCC and someone comes in, spends the offseason conditioning with the team, hangs out with everyone on the weekends, and is also considered a "friend" to many, then I would be upset as well. Let's be real, Clyde. Where I come from, we didn't run for the hills when things got tough. We dug down and gutted it out and did what was best for the team. Now, this young man isn't me, nor you. I understand his leaving and haven't said one bad thing about it and will never. He did what he thought he had to do. HOWEVER, he was the one who left, therefore HE must deal with the fallout. If some of his former teammates/friends are unhappy, then you have to deal with that and handle your business. Hopefully this is a great life lesson for him, or maybe it could be an enabler. Not my business. I think that the reactions of 15-18 yr old boys/girls are what they are - emotion. I think all kids wish to believe that their teammates are going to be there with them to help achieve goals they've set for themselves. So, when one leaves, and leaves abruptly, all that's left is anger, confusion, hatred.

I, too, think Mex is correct - their Coach will pull the leash and hush their twitter/FB barbs.

I have heard from a couple of people that this was going to happen. I cant confirm 100% but I wont be surprised if he did. However he will have a hard time playing QB at HC, both Gabbard and Pouncy have been looking decent in 7 on 7.

Was not there, but i was told Gabbard kid played very good this weekend at Lafayette. Threw 14 or 15 TD's in the tournament. Which they lost to Ballard who eventually won the tournament. Pouncy threw 3 or 4. Also told New Cath and Holmes was there and did not look very good. I cant imagine this kid comming in and moving in front of Gabbard or Pouncy.

IMO, which is mine alone, if I were a player for NCC and someone comes in, spends the offseason conditioning with the team, hangs out with everyone on the weekends, and is also considered a "friend" to many, then I would be upset as well. Let's be real, Clyde. Where I come from, we didn't run for the hills when things got tough. We dug down and gutted it out and did what was best for the team. Now, this young man isn't me, nor you. I understand his leaving and haven't said one bad thing about it and will never. He did what he thought he had to do. HOWEVER, he was the one who left, therefore HE must deal with the fallout. If some of his former teammates/friends are unhappy, then you have to deal with that and handle your business. Hopefully this is a great life lesson for him, or maybe it could be an enabler. Not my business. I think that the reactions of 15-18 yr old boys/girls are what they are - emotion. I think all kids wish to believe that their teammates are going to be there with them to help achieve goals they've set for themselves. So, when one leaves, and leaves abruptly, all that's left is anger, confusion, hatred.

I, too, think Mex is correct - their Coach will pull the leash and hush their twitter/FB barbs.

What part of the state did you grow up?

Agree 100%. :thumb:

Was not there, but i was told Gabbard kid played very good this weekend at Lafayette. Threw 14 or 15 TD's in the tournament. Which they lost to Ballard who eventually won the tournament. Pouncy threw 3 or 4. Also told New Cath and Holmes was there and did not look very good. I cant imagine this kid comming in and moving in front of Gabbard or Pouncy.

Passing camps don't play to NewCath's strengths offensively. They aren't going to throw the ball 30 times a game, not initially anyway.

Bad information because NewCath was not there playing in Lafayette. They have had 7 on 7's with CovCath and Campbell Co. Cain outplayed the other quarterbacks in every phase.

Bad information because NewCath was not there playing in Lafayette. They have had 7 on 7's with CovCath and Campbell Co. Cain outplayed the other quarterbacks in every phase.

Thanks for clearing that up. Cain outplayed Bir or the other New Cath qb's ??