Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Hatton garnering buzz....

Featured Replies

 

Buckets. Any eastern ky guys might understand this comparison, he somewhat reminds me of Cody miller. Except better of course

  • Replies 150
  • Views 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can score, but I have seen him not score too well when faced with really good defense.

 

Didn't you say you have only watched him once?

So how does AAU at this level work? The Magic are an Adidas team correct? Is Adidas their sponsor and does Adidas provide their shoes, gear, etc or do the boys have to pay for it?

So how does AAU at this level work? The Magic are an Adidas team correct? Is Adidas their sponsor and does Adidas provide their shoes, gear, etc or do the boys have to pay for it?

 

They are a fully sponsored Adidas team this year I do believe. That means pretty much everything is covered by the shoe company...

They are a fully sponsored Adidas team this year I do believe. That means pretty much everything is covered by the shoe company...

 

That's awesome. I saw the Adidas tee shirt on their coach in the video and I recognized the new uniforms and was wondering. Thanks for the info. The Nike school/Adidas school stuff makes a lot more sense now.

The concern I have is how will he fair against very good defensive guards in D-1 who are much longer. No question he can ball and can shoot the rock. I think he will do fine but seeing him face 6'3 and 6'4 long guards who can defend will be interesting.

 

The tape supplied by Broering is awesome. He is a lights out shooter who can take his strong body inside. The kid gets it done like GT stated and always has gotten it done. That should also mean alot.

They are a fully sponsored Adidas team this year I do believe. That means pretty much everything is covered by the shoe company...

 

Not listed on the Adidas Grassroots website as one of their fully funded teams? Unless Adidas has not updated the list it does not appear they are fully funded?

Not listed on the Adidas Grassroots website as one of their fully funded teams? Unless Adidas has not updated the list it does not appear they are fully funded?

 

It might only be partial which is why I said I do believe. I know they were invited to the Exclusive Run event in Vegas to open the April live period, so they are funded in some way. I'll see if I can get an answer on what level they are funded this year...

Not listed on the Adidas Grassroots website as one of their fully funded teams? Unless Adidas has not updated the list it does not appear they are fully funded?

 

Was just told they are fully funded...

I really want to say mid major is the ceiling, but his continued high level production against other big time guys is hard to ignore any way you slice it. His body prevents me from giving him a high minus evaluation, but I wouldn't rule out a coach taking a chance on him at that level if he keeps putting it on every guy in front of him...

 

What he lacks in size he makes up for it in heart, desire and hustle.

Hatton is a very strong player who is always under control. He knows how to use his strength and has a quick enough release that I think he can score on any level. But if I am a top tier D1 team, I have the same question Qryche mentioned above - can he score against the 6'3" stud athlete who plays solid defense that he will see on a nightly basis at top tier D1? The bigger question for me is can Hatton play good enough defense at that level? If he can't, then he is at best a bench player who I use to bust zones and/or give the team an offensive spark.

He is listed at 6'2" on rivals.

 

I've only seen him on the video in this thread, but I'm not buying 6'2''...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.