Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Hatton garnering buzz....

Featured Replies

By

Rick Broering

– May 8, 2012Posted in: ALL, Basketball

 

 

 

Brandon Hatton was a name garnering a lot of buzz this weekend in Fort Wayne, Indiana, as the guard from Dixie Heights filled it up against top competition from around the Midwest.

 

Hatton’s AAU squad, the Louisville Magic, beat AAU power programs like King James, The Family, Michigan Mustangs, Illinois Wolves, Spiece Indy Heat and All Ohio Red on their way to winning the 16U gold championship.

 

Hatton put on a shooting clinic on Saturday and Sunday. He had three or more threes in three of his four games played on Saturday, and three or more in both games on Sunday. He had multiple big scoring outputs, including his 25 point performance against Spiece Indy Heat in the semifinals on Sunday.

 

The most notable part of Hatton’s performance though was his improvement off the bounce. He was consistently beating his defender with his first step or his crossover dribble, and was able to score with floaters, pull-ups and drives to the rim once past his man.

 

Known as a stocky, strong guard, Hatton has taken his conditioning program very seriously since the end of the high school season, in hopes of trimming down his frame and improving his athleticism.

 

“I’m doing the cross-fit training and doing some workouts in the pool,” he said. “I’ve lost 10 pounds. I feel lighter. I feel like I can move a lot better laterally. I’m using my shot to help me get (into the lane), but it feels easier now since I’ve lost the weight.”

 

Xavier, Oklahoma State, Florida State, Florida, Butler and Virginia are the schools currently showing interest in Hatton, with Florida State and Oklahoma State being the two that have contacted him most this spring.

 

Xavier is another school that Hatton says stands out to him.

 

“I went to Xavier last week,” Hatton said. “The visit went really well. I really like it there.”

 

He was also on campus at Xavier for a few games over the last two seasons.

 

Xavier assistant Travis Steele has been the lead recruiter on Hatton, though head coach Chris Mack, a Northern Kentucky resident himself, has attended a few of his high school games already.

 

“He’s cool,” Hatton said about Steele. “He knows how to relate to kids and me and him get along real well.”

 

Currently Hatton doesn’t have any more visits set, though he has talked about setting up a visit with California this summer. As for his timeline, he doesn’t think the recruiting process will take very long for him once the offers start rolling in.

 

“I want to get it done as soon as I can. I know in my mind where I want to go. Once that school has offered me and it’s the right time, I’m going to take it.”

 

Hatton and the Louisville Magic will be playing in Bloomington at the Adidas May Classic this weekend, and then will be in Lexington for the Kentucky State Tournament the following weekend.

You might also like:

NKSB Top 10 – (9/19/11)

Conner juniors gaining interest

Beechwood survives against Holmes

  • Replies 150
  • Views 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A slimmed down Brandon should concern the 9th region.

How will it affect his football career ?

A slimmed down Brandon should concern the 9th region.

 

I really enjoy watching him play and I agree that if he gains a little quickness from the weight loss it could get scary. A good three point shooter that can take it off the dribble is a nightmare then you add his accuracy from the stripe and I wouldn't be shocked if he averages 25+ next season.

The consensus this weekend between myself, Rick and national guys like Dave Telep and Brian Snow is this. Hatton is one of toughest kids to evaluate out there, but at the end of the day he puts buckets on everyone in his path. At some point that has to trump any questions there are about his deficiencies. The kid produces at a very high level against elite competition. There is no avoiding that...

The consensus this weekend between myself, Rick and national guys like Dave Telep and Brian Snow is this. Hatton is one of toughest kids to evaluate out there, but at the end of the day he puts buckets on everyone in his path. At some point that has to trump any questions there are about his deficiencies. The kid produces at a very high level against elite competition. There is no avoiding that...

 

Is UC recruiting him??

Is UC recruiting him??

 

Nope...

Nope...

 

He's just a junior to be. Could this change in the future or is UC simply not interested?

He's just a junior to be. Could this change in the future or is UC simply not interested?

 

Not interested. Don't see that changing with what Cronin looks for at the 2...

Not interested. Don't see that changing with what Cronin looks for at the 2...

 

 

Any idea what school he was referring to when he said he's waiting for one school in particular to offer?

Pretty sure he doesn't play football.

I'm pretty sure that you are wrong and that he suited up this past year.

He is freaky good at hoops and was shocked he played last year. One of the best in nky.

I'm pretty sure that you are wrong and that he suited up this past year.

He is freaky good at hoops and was shocked he played last year. One of the best in nky.

 

Both are probably right. He DID play last year. His football days are over.

Any idea what school he was referring to when he said he's waiting for one school in particular to offer?

 

Yup...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.