Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Hatton garnering buzz....

Featured Replies

Hatton is a much better college prospect than Polson or Justice. Bigger,stronger, natural scorer. Those two may have been better high school players, but not projecting to the college game. It really isn't that close...

 

He is bigger than Polson I'll give you that, but Justice? Polson and Justice are both very fit for the college game, Polson is skinny but has bulked up a bit since High School but Justice always was big...Hatton is still in High School so I won't hold it against him but he seems like more Flab/Baby Fat kind of big, rather than strong athletic and lean...I just don't know how you think he is going to get around a college PG/SG/SF and get his shot off...They don't play defense in AAU or High School like they play it in College, specifically D1...Sure he goes up against pretty good athletes during the AAU season, but those athletes are going to be up in his face in college and he is going to need to be able to finish at the rim...He does have a nice floater which he will be able to use in college if he can get around his defender, but how are his ball handling skills they seem decent although he is a bit slow specifically with his crossover dribble...He will be a nice spot up shooter off the bench at a smaller D1 school, but if he wants to see the floor more than 10-15 min a game he needs to slim down and improve his speed and athleticism...Also he is closer to 6 foot that 6 foot 2...

  • Replies 150
  • Views 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is bigger than Polson I'll give you that, but Justice? Polson and Justice are both very fit for the college game, Polson is skinny but has bulked up a bit since High School but Justice always was big...Hatton is still in High School so I won't hold it against him but he seems like more Flab/Baby Fat kind of big, rather than strong athletic and lean...I just don't know how you think he is going to get around a college PG/SG/SF and get his shot off...They don't play defense in AAU or High School like they play it in College, specifically D1...Sure he goes up against pretty good athletes during the AAU season, but those athletes are going to be up in his face in college and he is going to need to be able to finish at the rim...He does have a nice floater which he will be able to use in college if he can get around his defender, but how are his ball handling skills they seem decent although he is a bit slow specifically with his crossover dribble...He will be a nice spot up shooter off the bench at a smaller D1 school, but if he wants to see the floor more than 10-15 min a game he needs to slim down and improve his speed and athleticism...

 

He ha slimmed down and improved his speed and athleticism. Try reading the article in the first post. Your low D1 to D2 "grade" is hilarious, so you have that going for you...

Small college... :lol:

 

NKU, Wright St., The MAC Schools in general imo are his ceiling...That level of play would allow him the chance to start probably during his sophomore year and on, while seeing 20 min a game as a freshman...Anything above Mid-Major he probably gets stuck on the bench and becomes simply a zone buster seeing limited floor time...

I really want to say mid major is the ceiling, but his continued high level production against other big time guys is hard to ignore any way you slice it. His body prevents me from giving him a high minus evaluation, but I wouldn't rule out a coach taking a chance on him at that level if he keeps putting it on every guy in front of him...

 

He's built like a shorter Chris Kingsberry from Hamilton way back when.

He ha slimmed down and improved his speed and athleticism. Try reading the article in the first post. Your low D1 to D2 "grade" is hilarious, so you have that going for you...

 

I've read the article and those are an impressive list of schools however I don't think it would be in his best interest as a player to a school of those caliber...Also interest is one thing, Kentucky the King of Recruiting right now shows interest in a lot of players that they don't sign, you got too have a back up plan...Teams even show interest and in the end up offering nothing more than a preferred walk on...I don't bash High School kids and he is a player, I have watched him since the 8th Grade...I want him as a fan of NKY Basketball to go somewhere will he won't get buried on the bench and he will get to play...Every year 2, 3 and 4 Star HS kids go to High D1 schools and don't make it they get recruited over or just aren't happy about playing time, ie. at UK AJ Stewart, just too name one...That kid had he played in NKY would have been hyped up by the locals, but wasn't really a fit at a High D1 school I think he transferred to North Florida or something to be closer to home...We get excited in NKY when a kid gets a bit of national attention because while we have nice players, we just don't have the athletes or caliber of players that other areas have...We have seen many locals go away to a school and up right back at NKU or one of the other smaller schools withing a 2.5 hour radius...How many D1 OFFERS does he have right now? The offers tell a lot...Every player has a different make up and a different work ethic and I hope he goes to the best of the best I really do I wish him nothing but the best...I wan't to watch him on the big networks and I want him to succeed, I'm just giving the opinion of what I have seen and I am trying to be real...

I've read the article and those are an impressive list of schools however I don't think it would be in his best interest as a player to a school of those caliber...Also interest is one thing, Kentucky the King of Recruiting right now shows interest in a lot of players that they don't sign, you got too have a back up plan...Teams even show interest and in the end up offering nothing more than a preferred walk on...I don't bash High School kids and he is a player, I have watched him since the 8th Grade...I want him as a fan of NKY Basketball to go somewhere will he won't get buried on the bench and he will get to play...Every year 2, 3 and 4 Star HS kids go to High D1 schools and don't make it they get recruited over or just aren't happy about playing time, ie. at UK AJ Stewart, just too name one...That kid had he played in NKY would have been hyped up by the locals, but wasn't really a fit at a High D1 school I think he transferred to North Florida or something to be closer to home...We get excited in NKY when a kid gets a bit of national attention because while we have nice players, we just don't have the athletes or caliber of players that other areas have...We have seen many locals go away to a school and up right back at NKU or one of the other smaller schools withing a 2.5 hour radius...How many D1 OFFERS does he have right now? The offers tell a lot...Every player has a different make up and a different work ethic and I hope he goes to the best of the best I really do I wish him nothing but the best...I wan't to watch him on the big networks and I want him to succeed, I'm just giving the opinion of what I have seen and I am trying to be real...

 

1) Try paragraphs. They are your friend.

2) I fully understand how the recruiting world works. Thanks.

3) I have said myself my professional opinion is mid plus.

4) For every 4 star that doesn't pan out there is a 2 star that outperforms his expectations. What's you point?

5) Try paragraphs. They are your friend...

I've met Q. He seemed about 6'2" to me. He's taller than I am for sure.

I love what Cal said about Polson and I want to say Cal is right....but then I remember he said Jon Hood look like Rex Chapman in practice in the 2010-2011 season so I take his praise of his players with a grain of salt now. :lol:

 

 

I do hope he meant what he said about Polson. I love and I am admittedly biased when it comes to him.

 

I definitely agree Hatton is a better college prospect but I am still rolling with Polson in high school>Hatton in high school.

I can't get past those cool visors Q wears, so I have no clue how much taller he is than I am.:thumb:

It's simply a matter of colleges recruiting by need. Sure there are transcendent players. If you are loaded with wings, and you get the privilege of having Andrew Wiggins attend your school, it doesn't matter if you have a whole lineup of wings. He's that type player. However, I can say from first hand experience from colleges coaches, they recruit by need. There will be a niche Hatton will fill at the next level and I'm excited to see where that is. I really like watching him play.

Polson is better...He is faster, a better athlete, better ballhandler and a very good shooter in his own right...You are right about stuff of legends I watched every game in his tourny runs and the kid carried that team on his shoulders...He could do it all, jumps out of the gym for his size and it's probably under rated what he has done at UK in practice against the best of the best...Hatton is a different type of player, Polson is a true point guard that can score if he has too...Polson will probably see 5-10 minutes a game at UK next year if not more...I do believe Hatton would be a good fit for NKU who is now going to be D-1...What offers did Justice and Polson have coming out of High School because Hatton isn't going to do much better unless he walks on at a High D1 like Justice and Polson? I also want to say I am not knocking this kid at all as I have watched him every time he has went against Holmes in his career and he has lit them up and he has gotten much better...Austin Hill of Holmes is a kid I knew real well from watching him play, big physical guard and a great scorer...I always thought Austin was good enough for a UC or X well he ended up at Illinois St...He still has time but unless he grows a bit more, gets in better shape and becomes more explosive, Low D1 or High D2 (GLVC) is where I see him ending up...I watched the D2 Championship at NKU and those teams were filled with Hatton type players, nothing to be ashamed of there...Maybe I am underestimating him, he does remind me a bit of Rotnei sp? Clark a top Recruit that played for Arkansas, Could he be that good for anyone in the know how?

 

 

Is my memory correct that Mr Polson was going to Transy if he didn't get the walk-on at UK? I don't recall him having any D1 offers. Am I correct?

Hatton is a much better college prospect than Polson or Justice. Bigger,stronger, natural scorer. Those two may have been better high school players, but not projecting to the college game. It really isn't that close...

 

Bing.

O!

Is my memory correct that Mr Polson was going to Transy if he didn't get the walk-on at UK? I don't recall him having any D1 offers. Am I correct?

If I recall correctly, his Transy decision would have been an academic one.

If I recall correctly, his Transy decision would have been an academic one.

 

Cool. Good to hear he's a great student. However, he obviously wanted to play D1 ball since he walked on at UK. My memory tells me that was his only option for D1. Am I correct?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.