Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Hatton garnering buzz....

Featured Replies

I heard that Hatton was a phenominal quarterback when he was younger..:idunno:

  • Replies 150
  • Views 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6'2 225lbs frame like a strong safety but quickness of a turtle. Lol Speaking of visors I need a new one lost my Titilest visor.

 

He was never 225. He is about 195 now.

This thread is eerily similar to a Dakotah Euton thread.

This thread is eerily similar to a Dakotah Euton thread.

 

Not really. Euton couldn't play and it showed against quality competition. Hatton is the opposite of that...

Not really. Euton couldn't play and it showed against quality competition. Hatton is the opposite of that...
Not really, Hatton is still in high school. Euton was far from not being able to play at the same level. You know that. I hope that Hatton doesn't have to endure the same drama and negativity from posters on this board. Bottom line.
Not really, Hatton is still in high school. Euton was far from not being able to play at the same level. You know that. I hope that Hatton doesn't have to endure the same drama and negativity from posters on this board. Bottom line.

 

Euton could not play against high level competition. I watched him struggle at that level on a regular basis for 2 spring and summers. He simply wasn't good enough...

Euton could not play against high level competition. I watched him struggle at that level on a regular basis for 2 spring and summers. He simply wasn't good enough...

I understand your point, and I'm not going to argue the merits or shortcomings of Dakotah, simply stating that I hope that this thread doesn't become a bash session on Hatton. No one wants to head down that path again.

I understand your point, and I'm not going to argue the merits or shortcomings of Dakotah, simply stating that I hope that this thread doesn't become a bash session on Hatton. No one wants to head down that path again.

 

Agreed...

Euton could not play against high level competition. I watched him struggle at that level on a regular basis for 2 spring and summers. He simply wasn't good enough...

 

Man you all should have seen Dakotah play in 6th grade though. He was a force back then. Too bad that doesn't matter in the grand scheme. When growth spurts and athleticism kick in you see a lot of falls from grace.

Haha I was describing myself Clyde. Sorry for the miscommunication there.

Just to clarify that is my current weight and quickness not Brandon. I have enjoyed watching Hatton play and I am looking forward to seeing him keep getting better. I would love to see him at a school like Xavier or Marshall.

 

He was never 225. He is about 195 now.
6'2 225lbs frame like a strong safety but quickness of a turtle. Lol Speaking of visors I need a new one lost my Titilest visor.

 

I was thinking 6'1" 210lbs but agree on the quickness. Unfortunately that's what happens to all of us as we get older.

[h=1]Brandon Hatton shedding pounds but gaining interest[/h]Posted on May 18, 2012 by Jody Demling

Branton-Hatton0512-258x300.jpg

 

Brandon Hatton shedding pounds but gaining interest | Jody Demling – Recruiting

 

 

Dixie Heights sophomore Brandon Hatton never had a problem with scoring the basketball and always has had a motor that seemingly never slows down.

 

But the 6-foot-2, 190-pound Hatton has also always been known as the “stocky guard.”

“College coaches, some of them, told me I needed to lose weight,” said Hatton, who has already lost 10 pounds and has a goal of 180 by the end of the summer.

Hatton took the coaches’ advice. By shedding a few pounds, Hatton has picked up his college interest. He’s had a sensational spring for the Louisville Magic and was named one of the “breakout performers” in a Fort Wayne, Ind., AAU event two weeks ago by Scout.com.

“He doesn’t necessarily ace the look test, but when it comes to putting the ball in the basket few do it better than Hatton,” Scout’s Brian Snow said in the report.

After a game last week in Bloomington, Ind., Hatton said Xavier, Oklahoma State and Virginia were among the schools that have called. He also mentioned Butler and Florida State and noted he recently went on a visit to Xavier.

“Xavier has been the most interested,” Hatton said. “But I’ve talked to a lot of coaches. They’re telling me to keep losing weight and keep working hard.

“I have been doing CrossFit and that’s helping me a lot. I feel better. I feel like I can get to the basket easier, move faster and jump higher.”

Great article and doing crossFit will definitely take it off. Nice work Brandon keep improving your game and physique.

 

Cleaning up the diet I am sure will also help. Cutting out the fast food and eating more healthy options throughout the day has really helped my son and he is actually putting muscle on and is up to 6'2 188lbs but a much different build than Brandon.

Great shooter. Think speed and length could hurt him at the next level.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.