Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Hatton garnering buzz....

Featured Replies

Snider was with the 16s in Ft Wayne. And he was the best player on the floor at the 16U level all weekend...

 

So if Russell and Snider played with the 16s then they'd be stupid good, huh?

 

How are Russell, Green, Grundy, Owens and Cunningham looking?

  • Replies 150
  • Views 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if Russell and Snider played with the 16s then they'd be stupid good, huh?

 

How are Russell, Green, Grundy, Owens and Cunningham looking?

 

Russell wasn't with them, so I haven't seen him this spring. Grundy has not improved much, and that is concerning to me. Kid has all the tools, but seems to be coasting. Green was very productive, and the most active defender on the squad. Green was a lot better than Grundy in every phase.

 

Don't have any notes on Owens in my book, and very little on Cunningham. Cunningham was basically spelling Snider or Hatton, and played well in a limited role...

Russell wasn't with them, so I haven't seen him this spring. Grundy has not improved much, and that is concerning to me. Kid has all the tools, but seems to be coasting. Green was very productive, and the most active defender on the squad. Green was a lot better than Grundy in every phase.

 

Don't have any notes on Owens in my book, and very little on Cunningham. Cunningham was basically spelling Snider or Hatton, and played well in a limited role...

 

Thanks GT. I was wondering if Grundy would become a coaster. Like you said, kid has all the tools.....

 

Snider and Green were always my favorite two off of that team last year. They both seem to have a genuine love for the game. I hope I can see them on the 20th in Lex.

 

I don't know what it is about Cunningham. I really like that kid a lot also. He seems like he doesn't belong with that group but he is a solid heady player who doesn't seem to make many mistakes.

Thanks GT. I was wondering if Grundy would become a coaster. Like you said, kid has all the tools.....

 

Snider and Green were always my favorite two off of that team last year. They both seem to have a genuine love for the game. I hope I can see them on the 20th in Lex.

 

I don't know what it is about Cunningham. I really like that kid a lot also. He seems like he doesn't belong with that group but he is a solid heady player who doesn't seem to make many mistakes.

 

I like how Cunningham plays as well, just didn't see enough to pile up notes on his performance. He is a great kid to have on a squad like that to keep things moving forward when the two lead guards need a break. Probably not the best situation for him in a stand alone circumstance, but he is getting looks from a lot of coaches...

Russell wasn't with them, so I haven't seen him this spring. Grundy has not improved much, and that is concerning to me. Kid has all the tools, but seems to be coasting. Green was very productive, and the most active defender on the squad. Green was a lot better than Grundy in every phase.

 

Don't have any notes on Owens in my book, and very little on Cunningham. Cunningham was basically spelling Snider or Hatton, and played well in a limited role...

 

Man that disappoints me about Grundy. If he were to put it all together I would hope he could stay in lex for school. GT how does Grundy compare to Kelan Martin?

Man that disappoints me about Grundy. If he were to put it all together I would hope he could stay in lex for school. GT how does Grundy compare to Kelan Martin?

 

Grundy has all the potential. He doesn't come close to matching Martin on production from what I have seen. Had Grundy ahead of Green and Martin last year. Not sure he is close to either with what I've seen of all three so far...

Hatton might be 6'2 but he could still grow by the time he is a Senior he will be the best player in KY.

Snider was with the 16s in Ft Wayne. And he was the best player on the floor at the 16U level all weekend...

 

Thanks. I had heard Snider was playing up.

Thanks. I had heard Snider was playing up.

 

Willis and Russell weren't there so they didn't have a 17U team at Spiece...

Hatton might be 6'2 but he could still grow by the time he is a Senior he will be the best player in KY.

 

Over Snider, Martin, Hall, and Green? No. Plus don't let Grundy figure it out, he could be scary good. With that being said I am very proud that I can poke my chest out a little bit when I talk about this class with people not from ky at school. This class is really special.

In response to the Lofton comparisons: No.

 

Both are great high school guards from NKY who played in a Sweet 16 and did lots of scoring for their teams, but I'd end there.

 

Lofton's athleticism would be off the charts compared to Hatton. If not for basketball, Lofton likely could have gotten a D1 football offer (especially if he concentrated solely on football).

 

Per his UT bio: "Ranked third in the state of Kentucky with 116.0 receiving yards per game as a senior ... Led the state with 20 touchdown catches ... Finished his senior campaign on the gridiron with 74 receptions for 1,624 yards and 20 touchdowns ..."

 

On Lofton's Rivals page, he's listed running a 4.55 in the 40 and having a 33 inch vertical (tools a college could work with immediately once he arrived).

 

Lofton was SEC Player of the Year and (post-cancer) was on an NBA summer league roster in two separate seasons, and has had a nice career overseas. The type of athleticism required to even be on an NBA summer league roster isn't the type that can simply be taught or enhanced, and should remind us of what a great athlete Lofton was.

In response to the Lofton comparisons: No.

 

Both are great high school guards from NKY who played in a Sweet 16 and did lots of scoring for their teams, but I'd end there.

 

Lofton's athleticism would be off the charts compared to Hatton. If not for basketball, Lofton likely could have gotten a D1 football offer (especially if he concentrated solely on football).

 

Per his UT bio: "Ranked third in the state of Kentucky with 116.0 receiving yards per game as a senior ... Led the state with 20 touchdown catches ... Finished his senior campaign on the gridiron with 74 receptions for 1,624 yards and 20 touchdowns ..."

 

On Lofton's Rivals page, he's listed running a 4.55 in the 40 and having a 33 inch vertical (tools a college could work with immediately once he arrived).

 

Lofton was SEC Player of the Year and (post-cancer) was on an NBA summer league roster in two separate seasons, and has had a nice career overseas. The type of athleticism required to even be on an NBA summer league roster isn't the type that can simply be taught or enhanced, and should remind us of what a great athlete Lofton was.

 

 

I took the Lofton comment to indicate another really good offensive player that may get overlooked due to a perceived lack of ability to guard.

 

Isn't that what kept Lofton from getting some offers?

I took the Lofton comment to indicate another really good offensive player that may get overlooked due to a perceived lack of ability to guard.

 

Isn't that what kept Lofton from getting some offers?

 

True. I just think that their overall athleticism at the same stage is/was on two different scales.

 

That's not meant to be a knock on Hatton, just more a tribute to what an athlete Lofton was.

In response to the Lofton comparisons: No.

 

Both are great high school guards from NKY who played in a Sweet 16 and did lots of scoring for their teams, but I'd end there.

 

Lofton's athleticism would be off the charts compared to Hatton. If not for basketball, Lofton likely could have gotten a D1 football offer (especially if he concentrated solely on football).

 

Per his UT bio: "Ranked third in the state of Kentucky with 116.0 receiving yards per game as a senior ... Led the state with 20 touchdown catches ... Finished his senior campaign on the gridiron with 74 receptions for 1,624 yards and 20 touchdowns ..."

 

On Lofton's Rivals page, he's listed running a 4.55 in the 40 and having a 33 inch vertical (tools a college could work with immediately once he arrived).

 

Lofton was SEC Player of the Year and (post-cancer) was on an NBA summer league roster in two separate seasons, and has had a nice career overseas. The type of athleticism required to even be on an NBA summer league roster isn't the type that can simply be taught or enhanced, and should remind us of what a great athlete Lofton was.

 

I know that nobody will believe me when I say this. Hatton is a much better football player than basketball, IMO. I think he would definitely be a high D1 qb. He has an absolute cannon for an arm. Most have already seen his athleticism on the court and it transfers to the field very well.

6'2 225lbs frame like a strong safety but quickness of a turtle. Lol Speaking of visors I need a new one lost my Titilest visor.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.