Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Hatton garnering buzz....

Featured Replies

I've only seen him on the video in this thread, but I'm not buying 6'2''...

 

I agree. I was thinking more like 6' even before I looked it up.

  • Replies 150
  • Views 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I was thinking more like 6' even before I looked it up.

 

He is legit 6'2 IMO as I am 6'2 myself and have stood next to him. He just doesnt have any length, he is a compact kid who uses his strength.

From my experience, most people who say "I'm 6'2'' myself" are a lot closer to 6' than they'd ever admit. :D

He is legit 6'2 IMO as I am 6'2 myself and have stood next to him. He just doesnt have any length, he is a compact kid who uses his strength.

 

 

He has certainly grown so I'd say 6'2 is close.

Why Hatton>Polson?

 

Granted I saw Polson a lot more but his last two seasons of high school ball was the stuff of legends. He'll be in the 12th Region Hall of Fame one day for sure. This being said Hatton is a junior to be so he has plenty of time to convince me otherwise. Polson made his entire team better and he did it all. Score, rebound, assists, steals....kid was a machine and led his team to the Final Four and Quarterfinals in his last two seasons. Hatton doesn't have to equal or do better than that as each year and the competition is different each season but I'd like to see him do more.

 

Polson is better...He is faster, a better athlete, better ballhandler and a very good shooter in his own right...You are right about stuff of legends I watched every game in his tourny runs and the kid carried that team on his shoulders...He could do it all, jumps out of the gym for his size and it's probably under rated what he has done at UK in practice against the best of the best...Hatton is a different type of player, Polson is a true point guard that can score if he has too...Polson will probably see 5-10 minutes a game at UK next year if not more...I do believe Hatton would be a good fit for NKU who is now going to be D-1...What offers did Justice and Polson have coming out of High School because Hatton isn't going to do much better unless he walks on at a High D1 like Justice and Polson? I also want to say I am not knocking this kid at all as I have watched him every time he has went against Holmes in his career and he has lit them up and he has gotten much better...Austin Hill of Holmes is a kid I knew real well from watching him play, big physical guard and a great scorer...I always thought Austin was good enough for a UC or X well he ended up at Illinois St...He still has time but unless he grows a bit more, gets in better shape and becomes more explosive, Low D1 or High D2 (GLVC) is where I see him ending up...I watched the D2 Championship at NKU and those teams were filled with Hatton type players, nothing to be ashamed of there...Maybe I am underestimating him, he does remind me a bit of Rotnei sp? Clark a top Recruit that played for Arkansas, Could he be that good for anyone in the know how?

Polson is better...He is faster, a better athlete, better ballhandler and a very good shooter in his own right...You are right about stuff of legends I watched every game in his tourny runs and the kid carried that team on his shoulders...He could do it all, jumps out of the gym for his size and it's probably under rated what he has done at UK in practice against the best of the best...Hatton is a different type of player, Polson is a true point guard that can score if he has too...Polson will probably see 5-10 minutes a game at UK next year if not more...I do believe Hatton would be a good fit for NKU who is now going to be D-1...What offers did Justice and Polson have coming out of High School because Hatton isn't going to do much better unless he walks on at a High D1 like Justice and Polson? I also want to say I am not knocking this kid at all as I have watched him every time he has went against Holmes in his career and he has lit them up and he has gotten much better...Austin Hill of Holmes is a kid I knew real well from watching him play, big physical guard and a great scorer...I always thought Austin was good enough for a UC or X well he ended up at Illinois St...He still has time but unless he grows a bit more, gets in better shape and becomes more explosive, Low D1 or High D2 (GLVC) is where I see him ending up...I watched the D2 Championship at NKU and those teams were filled with Hatton type players, nothing to be ashamed of there...Maybe I am underestimating him, he does remind me a bit of Rotnei sp? Clark a top Recruit that played for Arkansas, Could he be that good for anyone in the know how?

If that's the case, UK will have an outstanding margin of victory.

If that's the case, UK will have an outstanding margin of victory.

 

Have you seen their depth? Even if they sign the transfer from Wright St. they are going to be hurting this year...Polson has been behind and practiced everyday against B-Knight, M-Teague and R-Harrow...He knows the system and the fact that they will only have one true point guard next year Cal won't be scared to put him in games as a Junior...Cal quote on Polson, keep in mind he will be a year more experienced this next season and the cats won't have much depth "Jarrod Polson can play because he doesn't hurt you. He doesn't go in the game like, ‘Watch this, then does something crazy.’ He just goes in and runs the team, plays the shooting guard,” Kentucky coach John Calipari said. “What position do you want me to play? Defensively he does it. He's longer than you think. He's 6-3 and he dunks. So he doesn't hurt you.” "I said a year ago that Jarrod was the most talented walk-on I had ever coached and I still believe that, so much so that he earned a scholarship both seasons. Jarrod is a great teammate, he possesses quickness and he's a hard worker. I feel comfortable putting him in games, and we'll need him this year to shore up our depth."

-- Head coach John Calipari

 

 

 

Vaught's Views: Calipari says Jarrod Polson, who is becoming a female fan favorite, can play - Central Kentucky News

I understand your point. I can't imagine him playing 10 minutes a game next year. I like Polson. I watched him in the 2 state tournaments that I saw him in and came away very impressed. But he's simply not on the level of athlete that is in the rotation for Cal. As for the Cal quote, what do you expect him to say? I hope I'm wrong and he's able to contribute. However, I'd be very surprised.

 

As for the comparison to Hatton, with no disrespect meant to young Hatton, I'd take Polson every single day. Hatton is a fantastic scorer. My question is this, after watching the video,,,how many 3s does it take for you to stop going under screens on him? wow.

Hatton is a much better college prospect than Polson or Justice. Bigger,stronger, natural scorer. Those two may have been better high school players, but not projecting to the college game. It really isn't that close...

As for the comparison to Hatton, with no disrespect meant to young Hatton, I'd take Polson every single day. Hatton is a fantastic scorer. My question is this, after watching the video,,,how many 3s does it take for you to stop going under screens on him? wow.

Every time they went over the defender got abused off the bounce. Pick your poison...

I understand your point. I can't imagine him playing 10 minutes a game next year. I like Polson. I watched him in the 2 state tournaments that I saw him in and came away very impressed. But he's simply not on the level of athlete that is in the rotation for Cal. As for the Cal quote, what do you expect him to say? I hope I'm wrong and he's able to contribute. However, I'd be very surprised.

 

As for the comparison to Hatton, with no disrespect meant to young Hatton, I'd take Polson every single day. Hatton is a fantastic scorer. My question is this, after watching the video,,,how many 3s does it take for you to stop going under screens on him? wow.

 

Gotcha doc :thumb: Agreed on the defense in that video for sure, pitiful...Hatton great High School player and will be a good get for a smaller college, he can make buckets...

I understand your point. I can't imagine him playing 10 minutes a game next year. I like Polson. I watched him in the 2 state tournaments that I saw him in and came away very impressed. But he's simply not on the level of athlete that is in the rotation for Cal. As for the Cal quote, what do you expect him to say? I hope I'm wrong and he's able to contribute. However, I'd be very surprised.

 

As for the comparison to Hatton, with no disrespect meant to young Hatton, I'd take Polson every single day. Hatton is a fantastic scorer. My question is this, after watching the video,,,how many 3s does it take for you to stop going under screens on him? wow.

 

Go over top and Hatton will still score. He has something missing from almost every player's game today - a very good pull up jumper and mid-range game. The weakest part of his offensive game from what I have seen is taking it to the rim, but if he keeps growing he will likely get better at that because of his strength. As I said above, I think Hatton is good enough offensively to be a threat even at high D1, mainly because of that mid range game. It will take very good, big athletic defenders to control his scoring. Defense is the thing that keeps him from being a top tier D1 player in my mind.

Gotcha doc :thumb: Agreed on the defense in that video for sure, pitiful...Hatton great High School player and will be a good get for a smaller college, he can make buckets...

 

Small college... :lol:

Go over top and Hatton will still score. He has something missing from almost every player's game today - a very good pull up jumper and mid-range game. The weakest part of his offensive game from what I have seen is taking it to the rim, but if he keeps growing he will likely get better at that because of his strength. As I said above, I think Hatton is good enough offensively to be a threat even at high D1, mainly because of that mid range game. It will take very good, big athletic defenders to control his scoring. Defense is the thing that keeps him from being a top tier D1 player in my mind.

 

His defense was much improved last weekend. The new conditioning program has done wonders for his lateral quickness. That was the one major hole in his game...

Go over top and Hatton will still score. He has something missing from almost every player's game today - a very good pull up jumper and mid-range game. The weakest part of his offensive game from what I have seen is taking it to the rim, but if he keeps growing he will likely get better at that because of his strength. As I said above, I think Hatton is good enough offensively to be a threat even at high D1, mainly because of that mid range game. It will take very good, big athletic defenders to control his scoring. Defense is the thing that keeps him from being a top tier D1 player in my mind.
At high level D1, he's not going to have the space he has now. Again, I'm not disagreeing he is a fantastic player. However, you must admit, not much effort to deal with the screens on that video. I'd much rather him pull up than have an open look beyond the arc.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.