Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Hatton garnering buzz....

Featured Replies

I would take Hatton over a one and done.

 

As a coach, you'd be a one and done with that thought process...

  • Replies 150
  • Views 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a coach, you'd be a one and done with that thought process...

 

:lol:

As a coach, you'd be a one and done with that thought process...

 

I've got a lot of love for uk#1fan but this line right here is classic. Good stuff. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hatton>Polson?

 

I'm going with Polson>Hatton*

 

 

*Still time for Hatton to change my mind.

Hatton>Polson?

 

No question IMO.

I saw Hatton in the state tournament two years ago and my first impression was "bad body for Division I." At this point, is he any more than mid-major material at best?

 

I would have to agree. We played them this year, and he was a nice player, but I was more impressed with another player on thier team.Stansberry or something like that. I hope to watch him play again this summer.

I would have to agree. We played them this year, and he was a nice player, but i was more impressed with another player on thier team.Stansberry or something like that.

 

The challenge for all of us is doing evals on very few chances to see kids. For example, I didn't think the big kid from LexCath was that strong in the one game I saw. However, it seems like everyone else disagrees and other games have probably proven them to be correct.

 

Stansberry had a nice season and a nice career. He will do well at Transy.

 

He is not nearly as talented as Brandon Hatton.

The challenge for all of us is doing evals on very few chances to see kids. For example, I didn't think the big kid from LexCath was that strong in the one game I saw. However, it seems like everyone else disagrees and other games have probably proven them to be correct.

 

Stansberry had a nice season and a nice career. He will do well at Transy.

 

He is not nearly as talented as Brandon Hatton.

 

I have hesitated to put in my two cents as I only saw him play one game. Why I want to watch him play again.

I have hesitated to put in my two cents as I only saw him play one game. Why I want to watch him play again.

 

I watched film of his weekend at Spiece. He was killing it.

I saw Hatton in the state tournament two years ago and my first impression was "bad body for Division I." At this point, is he any more than mid-major material at best?

 

I really want to say mid major is the ceiling, but his continued high level production against other big time guys is hard to ignore any way you slice it. His body prevents me from giving him a high minus evaluation, but I wouldn't rule out a coach taking a chance on him at that level if he keeps putting it on every guy in front of him...

I watched film of his weekend at Spiece. He was killing it.

 

I really want to say mid major is the ceiling, but his continued high level production against other big time guys is hard to ignore any way you slice it. His body prevents me from giving him a high minus evaluation, but I wouldn't rule out a coach taking a chance on him at that level if he keeps putting it on every guy in front of him...

 

Agreed on all points. His production overrules every eyeball test . Add in some strong intangibles and I say he'll get his chance to play at a solid D1 level.

I watched film of his weekend at Spiece. He was killing it.

He can score, but I have seen him not score too well when faced with really good defense.

No question IMO.

 

Why Hatton>Polson?

 

Granted I saw Polson a lot more but his last two seasons of high school ball was the stuff of legends. He'll be in the 12th Region Hall of Fame one day for sure. This being said Hatton is a junior to be so he has plenty of time to convince me otherwise. Polson made his entire team better and he did it all. Score, rebound, assists, steals....kid was a machine and led his team to the Final Four and Quarterfinals in his last two seasons. Hatton doesn't have to equal or do better than that as each year and the competition is different each season but I'd like to see him do more.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.