Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie at St. Henry - Tuesday

Featured Replies

Should be a good game. Any predictions or thoughts?

I will have to go with Dixie, I think overall the have more talent than St Henry. I like Salzer better on the pitching end, but I think Dixie's talent will be too much.

I will have to go with Dixie, I think overall the have more talent than St Henry. I like Salzer better on the pitching end, but I think Dixie's talent will be too much.

 

Yes sir Shamrock, this could get ugly tomorrow. St. Henry could be pitching Cy Young tomorrow, but it won't matter if the defense doesn't suddenly get a whole lot better overnight.The young eighth graders are trying hard but the defensive mistakes and lack of hitting for them should be going on in JV now...not varsity. Unfortunately, there is no JV team and those kids are being asked to fill in for no less than five kids who all started and were expected back (transfers, track team, and injuries/"other" reasons). St Henry has a few top shelf offensive threats, but all wheels will have to be clicking for them to overcome a very solid Dixie team. Dixie's coaches have done a very nice job! Of course based on how this season has gone so far the 9th is more open than ever. I think Dixie, Conner, and Boone County have been the most consistent and are the leading favorites...just my opinion.

  • Author
Yes sir Shamrock, this could get ugly tomorrow. St. Henry could be pitching Cy Young tomorrow, but it won't matter if the defense doesn't suddenly get a whole lot better overnight.The young eighth graders are trying hard but the defensive mistakes and lack of hitting for them should be going on in JV now...not varsity. Unfortunately, there is no JV team and those kids are being asked to fill in for no less than five kids who all started and were expected back (transfers, track team, and injuries/"other" reasons). St Henry has a few top shelf offensive threats, but all wheels will have to be clicking for them to overcome a very solid Dixie team. Dixie's coaches have done a very nice job! Of course based on how this season has gone so far the 9th is more open than ever. I think Dixie, Conner, and Boone County have been the most consistent and are the leading favorites...just my opinion.

 

I agree, however I would never count Ryle out, but the three teams you mentioned are my top three right now. I am thinking a Dixie and Conner Regional final would be a great game, understanding that it all depends on the draw though. Again as I mentioned before, I would not count out ND or St. Henry either. Anything can happen.

Should be a good game. Any predictions or thoughts?

 

I'm going with Dixie by 4 or 5. IMO ST. Henry will have a hard time scoring .

ST. HENRY WINS 4-0 IN 5 INNINGS BEFORE RAIN ENDS GAME.

I stand corrected on prediction. Salzer very tough overcoming some sloppy infield defense with several key K's and pop-ups, while Kirkwood gets bases-loaded double/2 rbi. Freshman Molly Dietz 2 solid hits/rbi, and Butts triple. A nice win for the Crusaders! Everyday is a new spin of the dial in the 9th Region!

  • Author
ST. HENRY WINS 4-0 IN 5 INNINGS BEFORE RAIN ENDS GAME.

I stand corrected on prediction. Salzer very tough overcoming some sloppy infield defense with several key K's and pop-ups, while Kirkwood gets bases-loaded double/2 rbi. Freshman Molly Dietz 2 solid hits/rbi, and Butts triple. A nice win for the Crusaders! Everyday is a new spin of the dial in the 9th Region!

 

Wow I am surprised. Very nice win for St. Henry. Congratulations. Just goes to show how wide open the 9th Region is for at least 5 or 6 teams.

Wow I am surprised. Very nice win for St. Henry. Congratulations. Just goes to show how wide open the 9th Region is for at least 5 or 6 teams.

 

Porky I have asked before and you gave a pretty informed answer but not real surprised by this score, Salzer is maybe a top 2 or 3 player in the region and Kirkwood and Butts are very good players. I agree Dixie is better coached and 1 through 9 maybe a little better but hard to overcome one of the best pitchers and players in the area.

 

Dixie best win this season looked to be either SK or NDA, those are nice and they have played some good teams tough but they are yet to break through as one of those top level teams.

  • Author
Porky I have asked before and you gave a pretty informed answer but not real surprised by this score, Salzer is maybe a top 2 or 3 player in the region and Kirkwood and Butts are very good players. I agree Dixie is better coached and 1 through 9 maybe a little better but hard to overcome one of the best pitchers and players in the area.

 

Dixie best win this season looked to be either SK or NDA, those are nice and they have played some good teams tough but they are yet to break through as one of those top level teams.

 

I agree with everything you have said. And Salzer is definitely a top 2 or 3 player in the region and may be the top player in the region this year, no doubt. They had to play their best defense to win this game. Typically Dixie will hit and put the ball in play. The girls you mention however is all they have along with the Ives girl and maybe the catcher IMO. They also have two of the top pitchers in the region with Salzer and Butts. But after these girls they drop way off and it will usually show in big games. Again great win for St. Henry. My hats off to them, congratulations.

 

As for Dixie, again you are correct on their best wins. However they did play Conner and Ryle very well, lost both by one run. They will have another test today as they play at Boone County. Should be a great game with Boone recently beating Conner.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.