Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Era In Whitley County Colonel Football

Featured Replies

If the rumors come to pass and the air is rife with rumor, the right thing to do is for Lonnie to call Coach Campbell into the office and make ammends. It would be difficult for both parties but, with such short notice it would be imposible to find a better coach than Mike Campbell. Mike could reassume the reigns quickly. This years team is really Campbells anyway. I hope that if these rumors come to pass, the administration does what is best in the interest of Whitley County Football.

  • Replies 299
  • Views 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the rumors come to pass and the air is rife with rumor, the right thing to do is for Lonnie to call Coach Campbell into the office and make ammends. It would be difficult for both parties but, with such short notice it would be imposible to find a better coach than Mike Campbell. Mike could reassume the reigns quickly. This years team is really Campbells anyway. I hope that if these rumors come to pass, the administration does what is best in the interest of Whitley County Football.

This entire thing has been funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the rumors are true...and where there is smoke there is usually fire...I expect to see Judgeone back on here feeding some of us crow and all I can say is pass the katsup.....

 

I guess it will be a new, new era in Whiltey County Football.

 

 

What are the rumors? Is the new coach already leaving.

What are the rumors? Is the new coach already leaving.

 

This rumor is that Gentry is leaving to be an assistant for Chuck King, the former Univ of Cumberlands Head Coach where Gentry was an assistant. It has been mentioned on this thread a couple of times.

 

However, after several weeks of the rumor being out there, it seems that Gentry hasn't given notice and appears to be staying put at Whitley County.

Makes sense for him to go back to GA though doesn't it. I am sure he is saying all the right things since his job and benefits are on the line for the next couple of months.

If all goes well and he does stay. Whitley Co. Football program will finally be a class act. Between Coach Gentry and Coach Adams they will be sure of it.

Well it appears the rumours are true. Heard it from Gentry himself yesterday. Wonder what the superintendant thinks now? Wonder if Al Ysidro finally gets his shot?

Well it appears the rumours are true. Heard it from Gentry himself yesterday. Wonder what the superintendant thinks now? Wonder if Al Ysidro finally gets his shot?

 

He should get the chance. Whitley would be in good hands with Ysidro.

Do the players know?

IF Gentry does indeed leave, how bad does this leave egg on the Superintendent's face. I am surprised with the word out like it is Anderson hasn't already fired Gentry and his wife who works for the school.

What a shocker for the Colonels. I hope that it isn't true and if it is, that the kids get the best coach available.

The word is there will be an official announcement after May 16....Hmmm isn't May 16 election day?

The word is there will be an official announcement after May 16....Hmmm isn't May 16 election day?

 

LIke alot of people who think they know more than they do....you don't. May 16th is the last day of school at Whitley.

I have heard that the superintendent does not want to get embarressed over this. I am in the camp that Coach Jim Black should have gotten the job because he has I think a 4-1 record against my team, I am curious now, would he go to Whitley? I hope that he doesn't because the skins are going to take the district title this year, and I would love to get a win over him!!!

I have heard that the superintendent does not want to get embarressed over this. I am in the camp that Coach Jim Black should have gotten the job because he has I think a 4-1 record against my team, I am curious now, would he go to Whitley? I hope that he doesn't because the skins are going to take the district title this year, and I would love to get a win over him!!!

 

 

Really

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.