Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Era In Whitley County Colonel Football

Featured Replies

Well,

For one ,the administration is not and will not look bad over this situation. If he doesn't produce this year (which I think Bozo could coach that bunch this year and win 7)they will say that this is his first year and not much will be said. Second, remember that this new coach is not from the Whitley area.........so it would make it easy to let him go in the future. Finally, I am not going to doubt Murdocks coaching ability especially with this bunch.) A lot of starters will return.

  • Replies 299
  • Views 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many starters does Whitley return? Who will be their playmakers offensively and defensively?

Who does the Red Storm play outside the district? Will it allow for success early, for the new coach to build on, before they get to the district slate. I heard that they were playing Breathitt again.

Bell, breathitt,shelby co, lynn camp.

 

Bell will be tough , but the other 3 lost a lot

Bell will be tough, but I also think that Breathitt will bring back alot too. Shelby should have a lot of talant being up around Louisville. Campbell had alot of success against Lynn Camp, and when they beat Whitley this year it was like the first time in 25 years or something like that, along time any way.

 

Once again I don't understand the tearing down of the new coach (implying he is a bozo), give him a chance before you judge him too harshly.

Certainly Mike Campbell was a good coach and I think he can help Whitley Co. (Wink) but why did he get out of coaching.

Bell, breathitt,shelby co, lynn camp.

 

Bell will be tough , but the other 3 lost a lot

I could be wrong but I dont think they are playing Breathitt or Shelby

I could be wrong but I dont think they are playing Breathitt or Shelby

Believe I was wrong. I hear they are playing Breathitt week 2 along with Lynn Camp, Bell.. Not sure who the 4th non-district game is.

How many starters does Whitley return? Who will be their playmakers offensively and defensively?

Cody Jones will be a stud.

Cody Jefferies will be a stud also.

Cody Jones will be a stud.

Cody Jefferies will be a stud also.

 

Will they run a 2 or 3 back set? I know that Teague ran well in the game that Rider was out last year and it seems as though there was another young back who had a good game or two. How will they fit into the new offense? Will McCumbers be a better option QB than Bowman if that is the offense they run?

Whitley seems to have a lot of skilled players coming back which should ease the transition period for the new staff.

Apex,

Obivously you didn't read my respose .I said that I think that "Bozo" could coach them and win 7.....................At the end I said that I don't doubt Murdock's coaching ability. Read the entire response before you makeone. I wasn't tearing anybody down

Breathitt should be decent, but I dont believe they will be as dominating as they had been in the past. Whitley should still have a distinct advantage in that one. Lynn Camp lost a tremendous amount of experience in the skill positions but do have most of their great line back. I know nothing about Shelby Co. Bell Co. is Bell, do they play that game at Bell?

Ram Man,

The Bell Co. game will be played at M'boro.....in the city-county bowl. Shelby lost around 15 seniors and some serious talent ,they should be down as well.

Will they run a 2 or 3 back set? I know that Teague ran well in the game that Rider was out last year and it seems as though there was another young back who had a good game or two. How will they fit into the new offense? Will McCumbers be a better option QB than Bowman if that is the offense they run?

Whitley seems to have a lot of skilled players coming back which should ease the transition period for the new staff.

Your right, Teague did run the ball well but look for him to spilt carries with Jones. Jefferies should be at fullback and McCumbers at QB. Whitley will be able to run the option with McCumbers but the kid has a pretty good arm. If I'm coaching I put Teague at tailback, Jefferies at fullback and play Jones in the role like a Reggie Bush. I would line Jones up in the backfield, wideout, kick returner, punt returner, as long as he touched it 15 times a game.

Your right, Teague did run the ball well but look for him to spilt carries with Jones. Jefferies should be at fullback and McCumbers at QB. Whitley will be able to run the option with McCumbers but the kid has a pretty good arm. If I'm coaching I put Teague at tailback, Jefferies at fullback and play Jones in the role like a Reggie Bush. I would line Jones up in the backfield, wideout, kick returner, punt returner, as long as he touched it 15 times a game.

 

I'm with you on this. Get Jones the ball in space where he can make plays with his speed. I could be wrong, but I don't think that you would want to give the ball to Jones from his HB spot 20 times a game as a sophomore.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.