Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Era In Whitley County Colonel Football

Featured Replies

Apex,

I have stated mostly facts..........I have made only one statement about the new coach.I wish the program well. I think that Murdock knows football, ethics might be another issue.Campbell has not said much about the situation since it started( at least not to me) I can tell that he was hurt , but in this situation anybody would be.GO WHITLEY>>>>>>

  • Replies 299
  • Views 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know Mike Campbell personally but I can tell that he is a class act and winner. I know less about the new coach.

 

It is understandable that he would be hurt and angry, anyone would in his situation, but I think that he will land on his feet.

 

I hope that he can have success in his latest endevor (not sure if I can say what it is) but if he does I think the coaching profession will lose a excellant one. I wish I lived where I could flip the level for him in May. Good Luck to Whitley and to Caoch Campbell.

 

Who is Murdock? I thought Roger Gentry was the new Coach/

Amen........on that last post Apex..............................Sounds like a winner

Murdock is a nickname or something for Gentry.

 

When did Gentry move his kids to the Whitley district from Williamsburg and don't they still live in the W'burg school district?

 

You need to get some more Williamsburg fans to sign up on here.

About the same time that he started applying for the job...........................

When did Gentry move his kids to the Whitley district from Williamsburg and don't they still live in the W'burg school district?

 

You need to get some more Williamsburg fans to sign up on here.

This is the kids second year at Whitley I think and he lives downtown Wburg. He has been woking ths hard for a while now.

From Riherds: South Laurel

 

2005- 9 wins 3 losses 2nd round playoff loss

2004- 7 wins 4 losses 1st round playoff loss

2003- 6 wins 5 losses 1st round playoff loss

2002- 2 wins 8 losses No playoffs (Irwin's first year)

2001- 1 wins 9 losses No playoffs ( Leger's last year)

2000- 4 wins 7 losses 1st round playoff loss

1999- 11 wins 2 lossses 3rd round playoff loss

 

Since moving to 4A

 

40-38 overall

29-25 verses 4A games

3-4 in playoffs

 

Leger was 2 years from a third round playoff loss and he got the ax. It is a tough profession.

 

Randy Leger did not 'get the ax'. Your facts are way off base here. In Laurel County you cannot be a head coach and an administrator. Randy became the assistant principal at SL middle school after he resigned. He could have stayed if he wanted to, but chose to go in another direction.

Randy Leger left coaching to enter administration and spend more time with his family - on his own terms. Get your facts straight before you use the phrase "got the ax" in reference to someone leaving a position.

 

:thumb: You beat me to it. The poster was way off base on this one.

:thumb: You beat me to it. The poster was way off base on this one.

 

 

I came here to learn more and I just got my first lesson.

 

I did not know the history, and made a mistake. Sorry about that. I am big enough to admit it, I did not know. I was just looking at the records, and made an assumption, and you know what happens when you do that.

I came here to learn more and I just got my first lesson.

 

I did not know the history, and made a mistake. Sorry about that. I am big enough to admit it, I did not know. I was just looking at the records, and made an assumption, and you know what happens when you do that.

 

:thumb:

 

We have all been there before! I learn something new everyday!

When did Gentry move his kids to the Whitley district from Williamsburg and don't they still live in the W'burg school district?

 

You need to get some more Williamsburg fans to sign up on here.

His kids have went to Whitley for a couple of years.

Everyone says that Whitley will compete for the district. What do they have coming back, teams rarely go from 4-7 to competing for a district title. It seems that everyone is being optimistic.

1.Whitley is. a small 4a school , so there is a cycle (if you will )that smaller schools have to go through.

2.Whitley will hae 16 seniors returning.

3. the best talent is in the jr. class

4 the fresman class coming in is the best one in probably 13-15 years.

5.Sl lost 18 seniors......Mad. Central lost 21 seniors.....grc lost 17 seniors.

 

Apex,

These are the reasons that I think Whitley will competre for the 1 or 2 spot next year. Whitley should win a minimum of 8.

Judgeone, I agree with you for sure on the prospective future. Nice situation for the new coach. What do you think will happen, if he does not produce these type of results?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.