Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Era In Whitley County Colonel Football

Featured Replies

As is the case most of the time, many of you have the facts incorrect. Here is the Truth.

 

The truth is that Gentry is gone, but it's to Ga with his brother in law, not brother in Alabama. But currently, there is no for sale sign in his yard.

 

The truth is that Whitley is not a top 15% job in the state. Maybe upper 1/3 at best.

 

 

The truth is why get rid of Campbell then hire one of his long time assistants. It doesn't make sense. Ysidro's entire coching career has been under Campbell - so I don't see that happening. If Cotton were to get the job (which I don't see happening either), it would be for a year to stabalize while they looked elsewhere.

 

The truth is that Clark Teague wouldn't be offered an ASSISTANT'S job much less the head coach. His stats at Adair (a bottom 15% school) have already been documents.

 

And the Truth is that the Whitley program will be fine in the long run, however there will likely be a bump in the road this year.

  • Replies 299
  • Views 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he has done a GREAT job at Adair Co.

 

 

0-10

outscored 443-98

That is an average winning margin of -34.5 That is the kind of coach any team needs.

 

Alan Ysidro has shown that he is loyal to the program, loves the kids, and can get the job done.

I would agree with Al, however, having worked with Teague and seeing the way kids respond to him it wouldn't be bad. I'm not sure Bear Bryant would have done too much better at Adair...no tradition, not great numbers, and mediocrity the norm.

I would agree with Al, however, having worked with Teague and seeing the way kids respond to him it wouldn't be bad. I'm not sure Bear Bryant would have done too much better at Adair...no tradition, not great numbers, and mediocrity the norm.

 

It would not be fair to judge Teague based upon his one year as a head coach at Adair Co. Clark was well-liked and respected during his time as an asst. at Corbin, but I cannot see Whitley hiring him due to the fact that many at the County feel as though he burned his bridges by coming to Corbin.

 

I'm not sure when Anderson really knew that Gentry was leaving, but they need to get busy finding a coach because they have a chance to be very good next year and the Whitley kids deserve that opportunity.

What about Jim Black or Bobby Joe Lawson. They both interviewed the last time. Might either one of them made enough of an impression to be thought of now.

 

Anyone else down in that area. U of C has a new coach wonder if they could get any there old assistants. Shadon Brown is a good young coach. Clay Clevenger is a name that has been around down there. It will be interesting to see what they will do now.

What about Jim Black or Bobby Joe Lawson. They both interviewed the last time. Might either one of them made enough of an impression to be thought of now.

 

Anyone else down in that area. U of C has a new coach wonder if they could get any there old assistants. Shadon Brown is a good young coach. Clay Clevenger is a name that has been around down there. It will be interesting to see what they will do now.

Clevenger took an offensive coordinators position at another high school (think I heard Lincoln County), Brown is a good young coach but I don't think he's ever been a coordinator.

Lonnie Anderson told us today a press release will be released on Thursday and he will comment after that. Seems to me Gentry is gone and he handled this situation horrible. I wonder if the fine people in Georgia know how he handeled this situation?

Lonnie Anderson told us today a press release will be released on Thursday and he will comment after that. Seems to me Gentry is gone and he handled this situation horrible. I wonder if the fine people in Georgia know how he handeled this situation?

 

If this is indeed accurate, then you nailed it. What happened to what is best for the kids at Whitley County? They deserve much better treatment than this!

Oh, I'm sure this is accurate.

When Gentry was named coach, Judgeone questioned the ethics of the new coach. I was niave enough to defend him. How wrong was I? How wrong was the guy who said home computers would be too expensive for anyone to own. Well I was more wrong than him!!!!!

 

Gentry showed his true nature....that being a road-runner!!!!!

 

When ever Judgeone is ready to feed the crow to the defenders of Gentry (myself included, Mt Mutt gets a portion too) He will be one of the few who saw through this guy.

 

Good Luck to the coaches and the new coach who are left to pick up the pieces of the mess Gentry left behind.

Like I said, the way they handled this is HORRIBLE. I was told that Gentry told the players he was staying and he knew his intentions the whole time. He is by far not a class-act fellow and like I said, I wonder, just wonder if the georgia school knows what type of fellow they're getting?

I don't know if the people in GA know what they are getting, but his new/old boss knows what he is getting. If you look at Gentry's track record you see why he has bounced around like he has. The only person who he has stuck around for an extended period is King, his brother-in-law. If King would take off his blinders and see the true character of Gentry, he wouldn't have him around.

 

It is unfortunate for the players at Whitley Co., but it will be for the better in the long run you can bet on that.

Georgia won't know what they are getting, because they've been fed a line by his brother in law buddy. Gentry is an exceptional coach, just not much of a person. Not a good combination for a guy who's expected to help shape impressionable young high school kids. The biggest thing they'll learn about if they watch Gentry closely is how to say one thing and do another, how to be decitful, how to make decisions based soley on yourself with no regard for others that it may impact, how to twist the truth about those decisions so much that even you don't know what the truth is any more, and finally - how to show zero loyalty to those who put faith in you.

 

I once thought that I would like my son to play for Gentry, now I know that if Gentry were the head coach at the school my son was at - I'd move - Fast!

 

And lastly, apparantly Gentry doesn't just burn bridges, he nukes them! Gentry has a scortched earth policy - leave nothing behind when you leave.

 

 

All of this may be harsh but, THAT'S THE TRUTH!!!!

Georgia won't know what they are getting, because they've been fed a line by his brother in law buddy. Gentry is an exceptional coach, just not much of a person. Not a good combination for a guy who's expected to help shape impressionable young high school kids. The biggest thing they'll learn about if they watch Gentry closely is how to say one thing and do another, how to be decitful, how to make decisions based soley on yourself with no regard for others that it may impact, how to twist the truth about those decisions so much that even you don't know what the truth is any more, and finally - how to show zero loyalty to those who put faith in you.

 

I once thought that I would like my son to play for Gentry, now I know that if Gentry were the head coach at the school my son was at - I'd move - Fast!

 

And lastly, apparantly Gentry doesn't just burn bridges, he nukes them! Gentry has a scortched earth policy - leave nothing behind when you leave.

 

 

All of this may be harsh but, THAT'S THE TRUTH!!!!

well said

I don't know if the people in GA know what they are getting, but his new/old boss knows what he is getting. If you look at Gentry's track record you see why he has bounced around like he has. The only person who he has stuck around for an extended period is King, his brother-in-law. If King would take off his blinders and see the true character of Gentry, he wouldn't have him around.

 

It is unfortunate for the players at Whitley Co., but it will be for the better in the long run you can bet on that.

 

 

His sweet brother in law may know....in fact he may be from the same bolt of cloth.....it may be why they have been together since their days at Carson Newman.:flame:

 

In the end it is like this: GOOD RIDENCE TO BAD RUBISH:mad:

you guys are bashing this coach pretty hard... is it for certain that he is leaving?? HAS THERE BEEN AN ANNOUCNEMENT? OR IS THIS ALL RUMORS AND SPECULATION? I am aware of the old saying where there is smoke there is fire, but..... You still have to be accountable for what you say. it is easy to get on here and spout off.

 

Secondly, if he were to leave for a job that would benefit his family with more money, less stress, better location, regardless of circumstances, can you blame the guy for doing what is best for himself and his family? His loyalties lie first to his Faith, his Family, then his job. He has to do whats best for them. if leaving is that path, then he must take the walk down that path.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.