Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Era In Whitley County Colonel Football

Featured Replies

Judgeone, Although it seems to be a big secret, who was on the committee? You seem to have the info....

  • Replies 299
  • Views 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,

For one ,the administration is not and will not look bad over this situation. If he doesn't produce this year (which I think Bozo could coach that bunch this year and win 7)they will say that this is his first year and not much will be said. Second, remember that this new coach is not from the Whitley area.........so it would make it easy to let him go in the future. Finally, I am not going to doubt Murdocks coaching ability especially with this bunch.) A lot of starters will return.

 

 

Well you were wrong about the admin not looking looking bad......

There were five people on the hiring committee. Scott Bishop, David Estes, Mr. Anderson and two others that I can not remember. It seems like maybe a board member and a teacher. I think the idea was to have a representative from the administration (Mr. Anderson or his disignee), a member from the media (David Estes), a member of the alumni/boosters (Scott Bishop) and I think a board member and a teacher from the high school.

 

Someone on this board can fill in the remaining names. I do not think it was meant to be secret.

Why would you have a member of the media on hiring committee? That's crazy.

The whole thing has been crazy .................don't you think Les.

Yes it has. I have seen a lot of things happen in my lifetime, but this ranks No. 1. That's the first time I have ever seen someone putting a member of the media for hiring committee.

Yes it has. I have seen a lot of things happen in my lifetime, but this ranks No. 1. That's the first time I have ever seen someone putting a member of the media for hiring committee.

Les - Is David Estes the radio guy from 104.3 sports? If it is, they have messed up. I also wonder if David Lennon had any input. If so, they need better. Keep up the good work with with the times. Also what happened to sports talk with the AM station?

Footballfever.....I have heard the same thing Gibbs. O-Line coach (great credentials....1st team All- American,Wofford College ).Chuck Davis ....Def. Line......Cumberland College.My question is this .......how could you let a Cotton Adams go. That man has forgot more football than anybody out there will ever know. Esidro is thinking about coaching, but hasn't made his mind up. Still some good young assisants like Mckiddy,Huddleston Singleton and Hayes that are unaccounted for. I heard that Davisd Lennon would be leaving the radio booth for the side-lines this season. Just a rumor.

 

It took me a while but I knew I had seen Lennon's name in here before. Guess that won't happen now.

 

Although listening to WEZJ there were not any bigger supporters for Mike Campbell than the two radio guys. The few times I listened it sounded like Mike Campbell was paying their salary.

They are just homers anyway. I wonder how Dave Lennon is feeling now. He was one of the big time Gentry supporters. I believe he helped to slide Gentry's knife in Campbells back.

Gentry did indeed put a for sale sign in his yard at 6:08 on May 16th. I know this for a fact. I don't know this part for sure but I was told that he could not officially say anything until after the election. I've known Murdock for years and there is more to this than some of you know. Most of you would have done what he had to do if you were in the same spot.

Tell us more Noble. Tell us why he had to leave. Perhaps once the truth is out everyone will understand. On the surface, it seems like Coach Gentry worked really hard to get the job, then dropped the job like a hot potato as soon as something he liked better came along. Tell us what really happened.

Tell us more Noble. Tell us why he had to leave. Perhaps once the truth is out everyone will understand. On the surface, it seems like Coach Gentry worked really hard to get the job, then dropped the job like a hot potato as soon as something he liked better came along. Tell us what really happened.

 

That's ea$y to an$wer. ;)

Les - Is David Estes the radio guy from 104.3 sports? If it is, they have messed up. I also wonder if David Lennon had any input. If so, they need better. Keep up the good work with with the times. Also what happened to sports talk with the AM station?

 

 

 

Yep, Estes is the radio guy from 10.3. Thanks for your comments and about the radio show, we'll probaby start back with it in the fall, but I'm too busy during basketball season.

I'll tell you some of what I know because I am not sure I should be telling people this but I don't really care for people bashing Roger. Basically he was offered this job and he turned it down, then the people in GA keep upping the pay, he turned them down at least twice and finally they said name your price, he did and they actually meet it. He thought about turning that down too, but his wife and him finally came to the conclusion they were basically trying to convince themselves to be fools. They are from Georgia orginally and they had planned on returning there one day to begin with. Gentry has only been in Williamsburg for about 5 years anyway. Trust me he did not take this lightly but in the end he had to do what was best for his family in the long run... and when he told the kids he was staying, at that time he had all intentions of staying but things changed. At least he left them soon enough to get a new coach in there. There is some more to it, but I am going to leave it at that. Roger is a pretty good guy and he had no intentions of hurting anyone.

And you are about as gullable(?sp) as they come. :cool:

 

Sounds like you have fallen for his story hook line and sinker. He was telling people before King even officially resigned from Cumberland that he would be going with him. Gentry just had to make sure he got paid for the rest of the year, so he had to take care of himself and family and manipulate a whole community.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.