Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Era In Whitley County Colonel Football

Featured Replies

The Truth is that Coach Gentry has handled the entire situation poorly. He should have been a man and stood up and stated his intentions. He has had plenty of opportunity to do so.

 

The Truth is also that Coach Campbell will never again coach at Whitley County. He did a great job, but that horse has left the barn. There's no getting it back in.

 

The Truth is also that Whitley's program will be fine. Lots of kids, lots of support. Maybe they take a small step backward this year - but in the long run they will be okay.

AMEN :thumb:

  • Replies 299
  • Views 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's told some he's staying. He's told some he's leaving. He's said so many things, that I'm not sure he knows what he's doing.

 

I do hope he stays, he's a good coach. He got his team excited in a very short time. But if he intends on staying - he needs to start acting like it. If not, I wish him well. Whitley will be fine either way.

In the weekend edition of the Times-Tribune Lonnie Anderson said Gentry told him he is staying.

In the weekend edition of the Times-Tribune Lonnie Anderson said Gentry told him he is staying.

 

 

I certainly hope he is staying, although at this point, his repuatation with the kids, the parents and the adminstration may be so damaged, he may have no other choice than to go to Georgia with Chuck King.

Glad to hear he is staying. It was going to be a bad looking deal if he had left this soon. WIsh he and the colonels luck next year.

I think he took a job he wanted (Whitley County) not knowing that the other opportunity would present itself. Now, it appears he has opted to stay at Whitley and honor his commitment and that is good for the kids at Whitley.

I think he took a job he wanted (Whitley County) not knowing that the other opportunity would present itself. Now, it appears he has opted to stay at Whitley and honor his commitment and that is good for the kids at Whitley.

 

Don't bet on it, till you see him on the practice field.

I gotta go with you on this one, APEX.

I heard that he turned his resignation in on Friday. Can anyone confirm this.

I've heard the same thing.

I believe that the time has come for us to debate on who will be the next new coach at Whitley County High School.

 

1. Al Ysidro

2. Jim Black

3. Cotton Adams

4. Bobby Gibbins

5. Coach to be named Later.........

I can't believe everything that has gone on in this situation. I was told this was Gentry's third head coaching job and he has only coached 1 full season. Must not be able to handle the pressure when it comes down to it.

I heard from a source very close to Gentries (my daughter and his are best friends) that the Gentry family was headed to Georgia. I think it is all but done. The kids are saying their good-byes.

 

I have a feeling that tomorrow's election may play a significant role in who the new coach is.

I can't believe everything that has gone on in this situation. I was told this was Gentry's third head coaching job and he has only coached 1 full season. Must not be able to handle the pressure when it comes down to it.

 

Gentry has even surprised me with the way he has handled this situation.

 

Whitley Co. will have some very good teams the next few years and will be better off in the long run with someone else at the helm.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.