Ohio vs Kentucky 2012 Predictions

That kind of surprised me.

Maybe someday I will learn to do the link thing. I stumbled across this information while I was searching for the previous stats of Ohio vs. KY matchups. It's true, I have no reason to lie. This site also explained why these regions were ranked the way they were. If someone has time maybe they can find this info and post a link. I'm not sure if I could find it again. (Maxpreps).

Are the Cincinnati schools all they are cracked up to be? Since 1975 here is the list of state champs with Moeller being the most impressive by far.

State Champs:

Moeller 75,76,77,79,80,82,85

Cincinnati X 05,07

Elder 02,03

Colerain 04

From the below list, you did miss Fairfield in 1986, and Princeton in 83, 87, and they also won it in 1978. So since 1975, that is four more big school state championships for Cincinnati schools.

Just pointing it out for fairness sake.

2011 St, Iggy

2010 St Ed

2009 Hiliard Davidson

08 Iggy

07 X

06 Hiliard

05 X

04 Colerain

03 Elder

02 Elder

01 Iggy

00 Upper Arlington

99 Iggy

98 Canton McKinely

97 " "

96 Lima Senior

95 Iggy

94 "

93 "

92 "

91 "

90 Warren G. Harding

89 Iggy

88 Iggy

87 Princeton

86 Fairfield

85 Moeller

84 St. Francis DeSales

83 Princeton

82 Moeller

81 Canton McKinely

80 Moeller

From the Ohio H S A A .

I like the work you're doing here, I'd like to add a little information though.

During the Iggy years (88-94) the Cincinnati schools weren't just playing against a really good team from the north, they were playing arguably the best team in the country each year. Iggy was a fixture at the top of the USA today ratings during this run, and won multiple national titles. Moeller had at least one really good, and I think two really good teams, during the Iggy run. St X also had a couple of really good teams in the early 90's, but good enough to beat Iggy.

Iggy was what Trinity is or may be in Ky. plus three during this frame. They were that good.

In 95, Colerain was clearly the best in Ohio. Only reason they didn't win the title is someone either tried to cheat and got caught, or someone couldn't keep eligibility records correctly.

In 97, Moeller was one of the 10 best teams in the country. Lost in the state title game to the USA Today National Champion.

From the below list, you did miss Fairfield in 1986, and Princeton in 83, 87, and they also won it in 1978. So since 1975, that is four more big school state championships for Cincinnati schools.

Just pointing it out for fairness sake.

I like the work you're doing here, I'd like to add a little information though.

During the Iggy years (88-94) the Cincinnati schools weren't just playing against a really good team from the north, they were playing arguably the best team in the country each year. Iggy was a fixture at the top of the USA today ratings during this run, and won multiple national titles. Moeller had at least one really good, and I think two really good teams, during the Iggy run. St X also had a couple of really good teams in the early 90's, but good enough to beat Iggy.

Iggy was what Trinity is or may be in Ky. plus three during this frame. They were that good.

In 95, Colerain was clearly the best in Ohio. Only reason they didn't win the title is someone either tried to cheat and got caught, or someone couldn't keep eligibility records correctly.

In 97, Moeller was one of the 10 best teams in the country. Lost in the state title game to the USA Today National Champion.

Thanks for the added information. The thing about the state champ list, it didn

t say who the runner up was.

I went to the state title game at the Akron rubber bowl, and saw Cleveland St. Iggy play Massilon. I can't can't remember the year, but it looked like two college teams were playing.These were two of the best teams that I had ever seen.It was about 10 degrees out with the wind chill about -19 degrees and the place was packed. Blankets and hot chocolate were a must that night. Iggy won the game.

• 5 weeks later...