Easter...

Paul tells us.."if there was no ressurection, your Faith would be Futile." Jesus was seen by more than 400 people after he was risen. Other authors have written about seeing him after this time. Christmas is a great time and so much fun, but this to me is more meaningful on the subject of my Faith.

Jesus had promised several times about the 3 days of coming for his Kingdom. He knew of course this would happen. I just saw the movie King Of Kings and it was really good, not close to the "Passion", which I also will watch this week.

Its amazing when you read the Old Testament verses of speaking of a coming Messiah.

You are so right. I've been studying Isiah 53:5. When you really delve deep into what Jesus went through then you really understand how much he loves us.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isaiah 53:5 (KJV)

Sin is so intertwined in man that he goes all the way into his soul.

He was wounded for nothing he did but for all of the transgressions of mankind. Wounded by the crown of 72 thorns, hands and feet were wounded by nails, his side pierced by the spear. Man is so sinful that this was the only way it could be released from him. Jesus was bruised from the top of his head to the soles of his feet. When you bruise someone blood will rise to the surface and the spot of the blows. Every part of his body was bruise severely. So when his body was pierced this released the blood that cured our sins.

The chastisement of our peace was upon him. This is not the chastisement that a parent will give a child. This is one of vindictive justice and in wrath. Jesus took all of this to bring us back into a state of favor with God.

By his stripes we are healed. All of the scourging and bodily wounds he took. Jesus is a wonderful doctor. He healed us by taking all of our sins on himself.

All of this by one who knew no sin but loved us so much that he came down from glory to redeem man.

One thing I forgot to put in my post was that this was Isiah prophesying about Jesus. That is one thing I've learned. Those of the old testament were only told about the coming of Jesus so I can see why some would reject him. But, there is no excuse for those of us today. For we know that he is the dead, buried and ressurected Savior.

I attended a Maundy Thursday worship service today. It was at an Episcopal Church and the homily was given by a Presbyterian minister. The scripture was John 13:1-17.

1 It was just before the Passover Feast. Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he now showed them the full extent of his love. 2 The evening meal was being served, and the devil had already prompted Judas Iscariot, son of Simon, to betray Jesus. 3 Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; 4 so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. 5 After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him. 6 He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?" 7 Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." 8 "No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me." 9 "Then, Lord," Simon Peter replied, "not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!" 10 Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you." 11 For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean. 12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. 13 "You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Just wondering Larry and not looking for a argument or anything but just wondering since some of these kids I am thinking are from some very Christian families playing baseball on Good Friday! What are your thoughts? :idunno:

2012 Kentucky High School Baseball

I see no issue of them playing. We have school in session, now not on Sunday. And we can talk anytime and not argue.

I see no issue of them playing. We have school in session, now not on Sunday. And we can talk anytime and not argue.

So at least IMO the Holiest Christian Day of the year, meaning that is why Jesus came to us, was to die on the Cross, and it's OK but not on a Sunday?

I do understand your thinking about keeping the Sabbath Holy but shouldn't the Holiest Day on the Christian calendar also be treated better than just a Sunday?

Just puzzled by your answer?

So at least IMO the Holiest Christian Day of the year, meaning that is why Jesus came to us, was to die on the Cross, and it's OK but not on a Sunday?

I do understand your thinking about keeping the Sabbath Holy but shouldn't the Holiest Day on the Christian calendar also be treated better than just a Sunday?

Just puzzled by your answer?

They had school in session today, then play ball. We celebrate a Risen Savior not a dead one. Look at it this way, we wear a cross on our chain but the cross is empty, the other folks wear one with Jesus still on it. My wife works for the FCA and she worked today. Hope this helps some.

Question related to Easter and the Lenten season....When does the Lenten "sacrifices" end? Is it Easter Sunday or do they end with Good Friday? (i.e.: I gave up alcohol for Lent and was trying to figure out if I'm allowed to drink at the Reds game tonight. :D)

Question related to Easter and the Lenten season....When does the Lenten "sacrifices" end? Is it Easter Sunday or do they end with Good Friday? (i.e.: I gave up alcohol for Lent and was trying to figure out if I'm allowed to drink at the Reds game tonight. :D)
I "think" it ends tonight with the Easter vigil. But don't quote me on that within earshot of the Bishop. :cool:

They had school in session today, then play ball. We celebrate a Risen Savior not a dead one. Look at it this way, we wear a cross on our chain but the cross is empty, the other folks wear one with Jesus still on it. My wife works for the FCA and she worked today. Hope this helps some.
We wear the crucifix (with Christ present) to remember the price paid and He who paid it. We believe that a cross without Christ is just two pieces of wood. Protestants wear the empty cross to symbolize the risen Christ. It's really just two ways of looking at the same great mystery of our salvation. I have both, so I guess that makes me an independent. :cool:

We wear the crucifix (with Christ present) to remember the price paid and He who paid it. We believe that a cross without Christ is just two pieces of wood. Protestants wear the empty cross to symbolize the risen Christ. It's really just two ways of looking at the same great mystery of our salvation. I have both, so I guess that makes me an independent. :cool:

Been away for break just saw this nice post. if Christ was around today and died, would I wear an Electric Chair around my neck?