Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region 2012-2013

Featured Replies

Anyone have an idea of the schedule for the regional tournament? we all obviously know that teams won't be decided until the week prior, but I was meaning what dates the games will be played on? I think it would be safe to assume the boys first round games will be Monday and Tuesday, but after that, the schedule would get complicated due to Northern Kentucky University having priority on the facility with home basketball doubleheaders against the University of North Florida (Thurs., Feb. 28, 2013) and Jacksonville University (Sat., March 2, 2013), which will be Senior Day for the Norse.

 

Here is an idea that might not sound the greatest, but it would fit all the games of both the boys and girls regionals along with the NKU games as well.

 

Mon., Feb. 25 - Boys QF

Tue., Feb. 26 - Boys QF

Wed., Feb. 27 - Boys SF

Thu., Feb. 28 - NKU v/s North Florida

Fri., Mar. 1 - Boys Final

Sat., Mar. 2 - NKU v/s Jacksonville

Sun., Mar. 3 - Girls QFs (have two separate sessions)

Mon., Mar. 4 - Girls SF

Tue., Mar. 5 - Girs Final

 

The reason why I think this will be the best schedule is that the boys final needs to be played as the highlight game of the regional tournament as it will draw a bunch of fans so why not have it at like 7pm or 7:30pm on Friday night and then the girls tournament could have all of their games at the BOKC without the thought of having any of their first round games at a high school gymnasium.

 

Any thoughts/constructive criticism for the schedule I proposed?

  • Replies 135
  • Views 28.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Holmes getting their games broadcast on internet radio this year ?

Is Holmes getting their games broadcast on internet radio this year ?

 

Not that I'm aware of.

I have heard nothing about internet radio at Holmes this year, the field house has gotten another face lift and looks outstanding, i have also heard they have a new sound system, replacing the origional one, they will also be using smoke and dimmed lights for the intro.

I have heard nothing about internet radio at Holmes this year, the field house has gotten another face lift and looks outstanding, i have also heard they have a new sound system, replacing the origional one, they will also be using smoke and dimmed lights for the intro.

 

Will the mascot propel down from the ceiling, too? Cool!

I have heard nothing about internet radio at Holmes this year, the field house has gotten another face lift and looks outstanding, i have also heard they have a new sound system, replacing the origional one, they will also be using smoke and dimmed lights for the intro.

 

I assume they will come out of the hallway that leads down to the locker room, then? I really liked the lights dimmed, spotlight last year. Can't wait to see this.

I dont see Dixie in the To 5 but who knows with Hatton. He could avg 30 a game and carry them.

 

Holmes will lack a true inside presence, the 6'5 soph kid is not physically imposing enough. They will have to rely on their 3 guards and great coaching.

 

CovCath has a nice nucleus coming back with Pauly/Tobler/Ruthsatz/Frederick/Heppler I expect them to be in the Top 5.

 

Cooper will be a very good team and if they end up getting the transfer I am hearing about I would expect them to be in the Top 5 possibly.

If you are talking about the transfer for Cooper being the kid from Walton, then they do have him and I think Cooper could have a great year this year.
I was hesitant to list him because I, too , have heard that rumor.

 

Campbell has gone back across the river. Check NKYFan.com as this was reported almost 2 month ago.

Campbell has gone back across the river. Check NKYFan.com as this was reported almost 2 month ago.

 

But he came back again.

Anyone have an idea of the schedule for the regional tournament? we all obviously know that teams won't be decided until the week prior, but I was meaning what dates the games will be played on? I think it would be safe to assume the boys first round games will be Monday and Tuesday, but after that, the schedule would get complicated due to Northern Kentucky University having priority on the facility with home basketball doubleheaders against the University of North Florida (Thurs., Feb. 28, 2013) and Jacksonville University (Sat., March 2, 2013), which will be Senior Day for the Norse.

 

Here is an idea that might not sound the greatest, but it would fit all the games of both the boys and girls regionals along with the NKU games as well.

 

Mon., Feb. 25 - Boys QF

Tue., Feb. 26 - Boys QF

Wed., Feb. 27 - Boys SF

Thu., Feb. 28 - NKU v/s North Florida

Fri., Mar. 1 - Boys Final

Sat., Mar. 2 - NKU v/s Jacksonville

Sun., Mar. 3 - Girls QFs (have two separate sessions)

Mon., Mar. 4 - Girls SF

Tue., Mar. 5 - Girs Final

 

The reason why I think this will be the best schedule is that the boys final needs to be played as the highlight game of the regional tournament as it will draw a bunch of fans so why not have it at like 7pm or 7:30pm on Friday night and then the girls tournament could have all of their games at the BOKC without the thought of having any of their first round games at a high school gymnasium.

 

Any thoughts/constructive criticism for the schedule I proposed?

 

I agree completely with playing the boys final game on either Friday or Saturday night. Love the tournament being held at the Bank of Kentucky Arena but the Sunday afternoon final game is anticlimactic.

I heard yesterday from a pretty good source that Nussbaum probably wont suit up for Beechwood and that they may end up moving an 8th grader up to Varsity at some point.

What 8th grader? Nuss will play basketball.

Q/Sandy....can't argue your point is spot on - it has been a while since HC has made it out of the district. Maybe if HC was in the 34th or 36th district the last 10 years they would have made a lot of regional appearances with the teams they have had. The fact that they are in the toughest district ever year does make it much tougher for a small school to get out of the 35th that is for sure. But let's see, in the 34th it's Dixie and either Lloyd or St. Henry (Ludlow and Villa come on).....and in the weakest district year in and year out it's NCC and Highands with Dayton, Bellevue and Newport. My point being I don't think we are exactly comparing apples and apples. Take out rare year where Newport went down state but that was 100% due to the 2 transfers they had for 1 year. NCC and Highlands have benefitted from the weakest district for years as far as making regional appearances.

 

Who were the 2 transfers from that year? I only know of one, Foster.

Who were the 2 transfers from that year? I only know of one, Foster.

 

The other was Upshaw he was 6'5" did not play a lot.

 

Holy Cross had first crack at both and passed.

Love this time of year. Playoff football and b-ball around the corner.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.