Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville 72 Florida 68

Featured Replies

My point is you assuming that UK fans get a bad rap is just like the UK fan assuming that Pitino was talking about UK with his statement.....same thing?

 

No, UK fans do have a bad rap.... :lol:

  • Replies 131
  • Views 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, UK fans do have a bad rap.... :lol:
And that is your assumption and that is fine.....I assume the Card fans will feel very sad about 8:15 Sat. night!!!
No, UK fans do have a bad rap.... :lol:

 

I'll bust out some Whodini for you some time. You'll change your mind.

I'll bust out some Whodini for you some time. You'll change your mind.

 

The Freaks Come Out at Night...

^ To my point. Man, I bet you guys will be glued to your sets tomorrow with your favorite Baylor Bears hat on. To funny.

 

I watched Tiger Woods.

He badly outcoached his pupil in this game.

Disagree, Pitino just made the last adjustment and had the team with the defensive prowess to realize his direction. Both coaches made fantastic in-game moves in that one.

I watched Tiger Woods.
Thought you were a Duke guy? Or is it more convenient to be a Cards fan this year? :sssh:
Thought you were a Duke guy? Or is it more convenient to be a Cards fan this year? :sssh:

 

It is perfectly acceptable to have two teams.

 

Thought you were a Duke guy? Or is it more convenient to be a Cards fan this year? :sssh:

 

How many times does RP have to tell people he's a Duke fan first and Cards fan second? You'd think that a fan base with all those Ohio State/UK football fans would understand that.

How many times does RP have to tell people he's a Duke fan first and Cards fan second? You'd think that a fan base with all those Ohio State/UK football fans would understand that.

 

I've never met a single UK basketball fan that was an Ohio State football fan....:idunno:

I've never met a single UK basketball fan that was an Ohio State football fan....:idunno:

 

I'm not sure I know of any either. That is a strange combo.

Disagree, Pitino just made the last adjustment and had the team with the defensive prowess to realize his direction. Both coaches made fantastic in-game moves in that one.

 

The adjustment Pitino made was with about 8-9 minutes left, leaving Deng in the lane to shut off the Florida drives to the basket. Florida never changed their offense after that, which led to them blowing a double digit lead and hardly scoring a field goal in the last 8 minutes of the game. They had to either get Deng away from the basket by making him guard someone, drive and dish off or pull up and shoot the 12 footer in front of him. What I recall is Deng blocks or altered shots, wild attempts at the basket and contested 3 pointers.

 

I really like Donovan as a coach, but in this game and in a couple of the UK games, he either didn't try to make late game adjustments or his players just did not listen.

The adjustment Pitino made was with about 8-9 minutes left, leaving Deng in the lane to shut off the Florida drives to the basket. Florida never changed their offense after that, which led to them blowing a double digit lead and hardly scoring a field goal in the last 8 minutes of the game. They had to either get Deng away from the basket by making him guard someone, drive and dish off or pull up and shoot the 12 footer in front of him. What I recall is Deng blocks or altered shots, wild attempts at the basket and contested 3 pointers.

 

I really like Donovan as a coach, but in this game and in a couple of the UK games, he either didn't try to make late game adjustments or his players just did not listen.

Boyton and Walker are his PG so...

The adjustment Pitino made was with about 8-9 minutes left, leaving Deng in the lane to shut off the Florida drives to the basket. Florida never changed their offense after that, which led to them blowing a double digit lead and hardly scoring a field goal in the last 8 minutes of the game. They had to either get Deng away from the basket by making him guard someone, drive and dish off or pull up and shoot the 12 footer in front of him. What I recall is Deng blocks or altered shots, wild attempts at the basket and contested 3 pointers.

 

I was actually stunned during the first 10 minutes of the second half how many times Florida ran a play to force a switch and Gorgui ended up on their point guard. The last time it happened it caused Siva to end up on the center and it's how he fouled out of the game. A very pleasant surprise that Florida couldn't take better advantage of that.

The adjustment Pitino made was with about 8-9 minutes left, leaving Deng in the lane to shut off the Florida drives to the basket. Florida never changed their offense after that, which led to them blowing a double digit lead and hardly scoring a field goal in the last 8 minutes of the game. They had to either get Deng away from the basket by making him guard someone, drive and dish off or pull up and shoot the 12 footer in front of him. What I recall is Deng blocks or altered shots, wild attempts at the basket and contested 3 pointers.

 

I really like Donovan as a coach, but in this game and in a couple of the UK games, he either didn't try to make late game adjustments or his players just did not listen.

Bob Valvano said that Donovan was constantly adjusting, so Rick kept mixing it up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.