Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville 72 Florida 68

Featured Replies

What is UL's different mission? That's an odd statement particularly when Pitino went on to say they both want to get to the FF and win a championship. Seems like the same mission to me.

 

 

 

If there were ANY statement I thought was a veiled slam on UK, it was this one. He followed it with a comment moments later about having the top team GPA in the Big East. I'd say UL's mission is NOT to be Basketball U. :D

  • Replies 131
  • Views 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think that given his past, ahem, indiscretions, it might have been prudent of him to include his wedding day along with the births of his kids as the moments that made him happier than UL making the FF? :D

 

As a tangent, there's an absolutely beautiful pic of JoAnn rushing into Rick's arms on the floor after the game.

As a tangent, there's an absolutely beautiful pic of JoAnn rushing into Rick's arms on the floor after the game.

 

 

 

How tight was the collar and leash? :lol::lol:

If there were ANY statement I thought was a veiled slam on UK, it was this one. He followed it with a comment moments later about having the top team GPA in the Big East. I'd say UL's mission is NOT to be Basketball U. :D

 

That was what I thought was the thinly veiled slam at UK/Calipari and the UK fans also. As for UL's mission to not be Basketball U, I sincerely doubt that Pitino wouldn't have accepted Davis, Kidd-Gilcrist, Teague, etc. with open arms .:D

As a tangent, there's an absolutely beautiful pic of JoAnn rushing into Rick's arms on the floor after the game.

 

 

Awesome. I truly hope that their marraige is on solid ground. But I have to ask: did the women on here notice what I noticed about the omission of mentioning his wedding day?

If I'm not mistaken UK's team tied with Vandy for highest team GPA in the SEC last season. Kinda shoots that whole thing to shreads. :idunno:

That was what I thought was the thinly veiled slam at UK/Calipari and the UK fans also. As for UL's mission to not be Basketball U, I sincerely doubt that Pitino wouldn't have accepted Davis, Kidd-Gilcrist, Teague, etc. with open arms .:D

 

They aren't Basketball U because they can't be.

Awesome. I truly hope that their marraige is on solid ground. But I have to ask: did the women on here notice what I noticed about the omission of mentioning his wedding day?

 

No. But, then I've been divorced 5 times as long as I was ever married, and so I tend not to think of a wedding day as one of the happiest days of my life. :lol: I'm the person who celebrates July 3 as my Personal Independence Day. :lol:

They aren't Basketball U because they can't be.

 

 

I'll say this (and have before), even as a fan, I do not want one-and-dones to be what our program becomes.

I'll say this (and have before), even as a fan, I do not want one-and-dones to be what our program becomes.

 

That's fine and I understand but lets not kid ourselves. If Pitino was able to get Davis, MKG, Wall, Cousins, etc he would have.

If I'm not mistaken UK's team tied with Vandy for highest team GPA in the SEC last season. Kinda shoots that whole thing to shreads. :idunno:

 

I think it was actually the team APR, but still, it shows UK isn't ignoring the academic side.

 

It looks like UofLs team GPA for the fall 2011 semester was 3.16. The latest UK info I could find was spring 2011, with a 3.14 GPA. Good job Rick, you really got Cal on that one...

I'll say this (and have before), even as a fan, I do not want one-and-dones to be what our program becomes.

 

 

I used to think exactly the way you do. Then I had a rather wise person present me with this scenario: if you are the Dean of the Information Technology College at some university, say UL, and you could recruit and award academic scholarships to the smartest and brightest high school seniors, would you do so knowing that they were going to leave the College after one year to take jobs at Microsoft getting paid millions but during their one year at the College they would significantly improve the College's reputation and performance? After thinking about it for a nano-second, I said yes I would. He said the one and dones at UK basketball are no different. After another nano-second, I agreed with him.

 

But I do understand where you are coming from. As fans, there is something in our DNA that makes us want to identify with or feel some connection with the players, and the one and done system makes that much more difficult to do.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.