Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I think the Jets made a huge mistake...

Featured Replies

Can't wait for the next season of Hard Knocks.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would take a whole lot of something wrong/bad for me to root against anyone.

 

With Tebow I don't think he has Pro QB skills and all the God stuff rubs me the wrong way but rubbing me the wrong way and rooting against someone are not even in the same ballpark.

 

He doesn't have the Pro QB skills that you want, but he fits in the ground 'n pound philosophy and he isn't that far behind Mark Sanchez as people believe. Sanchez has not improved. Tebow starting at QB making $2mill/year compared to Sanchez and you get less interceptions...I don't know if that isn't worth giving up the ten completion percentage points you get.

Man, this just extends the craziness. Wish he would have been traded to someplace where he could just sit back, learn from a top of the line QB, and continue improving his skills.

I am a Jets fan... and a Tebow fan... I just don't think the two go together. I am not crazy about this move although I admit it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

 

I don't think Sanchez is the answer in NY, and I certainly don't think Tebow is his replacement. Rex will have to utilize Tebow in just the right way for this to work, as I don't see Tebow as a full time starting QB in the NFL, he just doesn't have the skill set for it. Like the posters above have said, he is a situational QB and he is effective in the ground and pound offense.

 

Time will tell, indeed.

Remember how Tebow increased interest in the Denver Broncos among people who did not care about the team prior to Tebowmania? And all of the Bronco merchandise that sold with Tebow's name on it?

 

The Jets just guaranteed increased sales of their merchandise, plus a broader fan base (& TV ratings). Not a bad investment for a 4th round pick.

Rex needs to talk to Mark Sanchez and let him know two things:

 

1. Tebow is NOT your backup. Drew Stanton is. Tebow is going to be on the field in situations that dictate it, like Wlidcat or goal line. You can't be threatened by that. It is like having a third receiver or a pass rush specialist or a nickel corner. Tebow has a defined role for this team.

 

2. This is your offense and your team. If you do not want to hear folks screaming for Tebow to play, you take this thing by the throat and take control of this team. Play hard and play well and you will not have an issue with Tebow.

@NotBillWalton: Today a 16 year old girl and a pro football player shared an elevator in NY. One is a virgin. The other is March Sanchez' girlfriend

@NotBillWalton: Today a 16 year old girl and a pro football player shared an elevator in NY. One is a virgin. The other is March Sanchez' girlfriend

 

:lol:

Jacksonville made the real mistake. Their frachise would be most talked about in sports if they would've landed Tebow. Not to mention, their stadium would be filled every game.

 

As for the Jets, why in the world would they get Tebow? Craziness.

 

 

That would be short term for Jax, only winning will keep the seats filled. IMO they have a better young prospect at QB on their roster.

 

The Jets lockerroom was out of control at the end of the year, is this a going to help???

  • Author
He doesn't have the Pro QB skills that you want, but he fits in the ground 'n pound philosophy and he isn't that far behind Mark Sanchez as people believe. Sanchez has not improved. Tebow starting at QB making $2mill/year compared to Sanchez and you get less interceptions...I don't know if that isn't worth giving up the ten completion percentage points you get.

 

Our opinions of Tebow's QB skills aside your post makes my initial point that this will cause a controversy on what I already consider a dysfunctional team.

Our opinions of Tebow's QB skills aside your post makes my initial point that this will cause a controversy on what I already consider a dysfunctional team.

 

I agree. Completely.

Apparently Tebow will get to pick which team he is traded to. I see him going home to Jacksonville.

Pete Prisco says the Jags told Tebow he's be their #3 QB and that is why he chose the Jets.

Not a bad move. They want to get back to the ground and pound, which also helps out their defense. There is no better guy to have if you want to have a running offense. I wouldn't be suprised to see them basically make it a two QB system. Have a lot of series with Tebow running it as QB, and then when they have to pass or get down in games Sanchez starts. Obviously Sanchez will start the year, but if he struggles I could see it going down like that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.