If UK > IU (Neutral Site) then is UNC > UK (Neutral Site)

Jumper_Dad

All UK fans, including me, feel that in the UK IU game the difference was that it was played at IU. Rupp or neutral site and UK would have beaten them. Does UNC have a right to feel the same way about the UK UNC game at Rupp? Should UNC be the favorite should they meet in the finals?

North Carolina and Syracuse were the only two teams I really felt could say they were on even ground with Kentucky. Others can beat them, but those two were equals. When Melo was out, that was whittled to North Carolina. There's a reason they were the preseason favorites, they're extremely talented. So I can definitely see the logic of them being favored at a neutral site. The Tar Heel fans I know said as much immediately after the first game. I definitely would like someone else to beat them before a potential matchup with Kentucky.

The only difference in the two situations is that Indiana is a dramatically different team at home than on the road. Lots of teams are, but whereas Kentucky is 16-2 in road/neutral games while being dominant at home, Indiana is 9-7 in road/neutral games while just losing once at home. It's not merely that Indiana is diminished, they are nowhere near the same team at all. They lost to Nebraska and Iowa on the road.

For reference sake just in case someone asks, UNC is 12-4 in road/neutral games.

I disagree with those who fear UNC. They played UK on Dec. 6th, very early in the season. Davis, Teague & Kidd-Gilchrist had only 7 games under their belts in Coach Cal's system. Each of UNC's starters had AT LEAST 1+ year under their system.

While I believe that UNC has gotten better over the season, I believe that freshmen are able to get better over the season to a greater degree that sophs, jrs & srs.

JMO.

I disagree with those who fear UNC. They played UK on Dec. 6th, very early in the season. Davis, Teague & Kidd-Gilchrist had only 7 games under their belts in Coach Cal's system. Each of UNC's starters had AT LEAST 1+ year under their system.

While I believe that UNC has gotten better over the season, I believe that freshmen are able to get better over the season to a greater degree that sophs, jrs & srs.

JMO.

Maybe.. But if this UNC team really comes to play, I think they're definitely to be feared. They've taken more games off this season than UK has, and it's shown with some unexpected losses. But they have the talent to get up and play with anybody. They coasted through the regular season without giving it their all and still got a 1 seed. If they bring it, it's going to be a dog fight.

All UK fans, including me, feel that in the UK IU game the difference was that it was played at IU. Rupp or neutral site and UK would have beaten them. Does UNC have a right to feel the same way about the UK UNC game at Rupp? Should UNC be the favorite should they meet in the finals?

Way too simplistic a way to look at it. UK is favored over IU because they are the better team. It took some extrordinary circumstance for IU to win at home. UK and UNC is a pickem game no matter where it's played. UK would be slightly favored by Vegas.

Let me ask you this: What position would you give IU the edge over UK? Same question with UNC, much tougher decisions.

JMO.

I'm of the same opinion as well. I feel that UNC is very talented and someone you'd rather not see UK play but I feel that the scenarios being discussed are different because of how young and inexperienced UK was early in the season. UNC was 100% healthy for that game too weren't they? Not so much now.