Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If UK > IU (Neutral Site) then is UNC > UK (Neutral Site)

Featured Replies

Why in the world do you worry about Baylor? UK may not even play them. Indiana is who I'm worried about.

 

I worry about Baylor because they actually have the talent to beat Kentucky. UK beats IU by double digits...

  • Author
Way too simplistic a way to look at it. UK is favored over IU because they are the better team. It took some extrordinary circumstance for IU to win at home. UK and UNC is a pickem game no matter where it's played. UK would be slightly favored by Vegas.

 

Let me ask you this: What position would you give IU the edge over UK? Same question with UNC, much tougher decisions.

I meant to break it down as simple as possible, I was just wondering if the same logic that made UK a favorite against IU even though UK lostto them didn't also favor UNC in the exact same scenario.

 

FWIW I think IF UK and UNC meet on the last Minday of the season UK wins a tight game. As stated above the Kentucky team as "Grown" more than most teams do during the season. In a tight game I give the advantage to UK's D.

I picked UNC over UK because I think the two teams are comparable in talent, but UNC has an advantage over UK at the PG position. When both teams are at full strength, I think the Tar Heels are slightly better than my Cats.

I picked UNC over UK because I think the two teams are comparable in talent, but UNC has an advantage over UK at the PG position. When both teams are at full strength, I think the Tar Heels are slightly better than my Cats.

 

The PG that just broke his wrist? I think that at full strength they're pretty evenly matched on paper.

Anyone worried about Ohio State. Vegas has them as the 2nd best team to win the tourney.

Anyone worried about Ohio State. Vegas has them as the 2nd best team to win the tourney.

 

 

Vegas is just looking for people to place bets. :D

The PG that just broke his wrist? I think that at full strength they're pretty evenly matched on paper.

 

At full strength, I give UNC the nod because of the PG play. Teague has shown flashes of brilliance. Marshall has been solid all season long. If the Teague from last night shows up, UK is better. But that's a big "if."

 

Going to be interesting to see how much Marshall will be able to get done.

Anyone worried about Ohio State. Vegas has them as the 2nd best team to win the tourney.

 

They've got a really tough path in front of them. UC/FSU, followed by Syracuse/Wisconsin, followed by UNC/Kansas. And that's just to get to the title game. They've got the talent to do it, but it's a tough road ahead of them.

As to the original point of the thread, I am not sure how much you can draw from the first game. Obviously Marshall being hurt now changes everything, but put that aside, I am not sure what you can draw from that first game. Davis had 0 offensive game at that point of the season. Teague is night and day different. The only reason I ever gave UNC the advantage then and in my bracket was because of experience. But they are a lot closer to the same team as they were when the met in December than UK is now. That was a high level game by both teams.

To follow the logic, add the statement and N (uetral) = >2 I like UK's chances against anyone, but if UNC is losing a starter...the chances are better.

I would welcome the chance to play NC in Blue Orleans. It would be for all the marbles and I just don't see this group losing to anyone in that game. I really like the way TJ is looking right now. He is getting to be very aggressive and a leader on the floor. The Cats are going to be extremely hard to beat from this point forward, by anyone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.