March 26, 201214 yr I still say it's impossible to know exactly what happened between the two of them that led up to the shooting. I still find some oddities in Zimmerman's account. One, he says he in no way was following Martin, but the 911 tapes indicate otherwise. Two, he says the reason he was out of the truck was because he was trying to see which street he was on. I think it's odd that the guy who apparently patrols the neighborhood regularly doesn't know the street names, especially when it's a small community. Unless there was something very peculiar about it, I also don't know why he had to get out of his truck to find the street names. Three, I also wonder how he was able to shoot Martin if Martin was on top of him. From the 911 calls of neighbors they describe two shots fired with the crying for help coming between them. You can hear the crying cease after the second shot in one of the tapes. That seems different from Zimmerman's account. Of course, Zimmerman could be telling the truth. But even he is I still don't see deadly force being justifiable in this case and it still seems as though the police investigation was mishandled. How is all of this new information coming out after the investigation was wrapped up and why are there still so many questions that are unaccounted for? If Zimmerman shot him from the ground, while Trayvon was on top, wouldn't the angle of entry and autopsy reveal that? If it's straight on, it would be harder to cite self-defense.
March 27, 201214 yr Glad to see Ray Lewis jumping on the band wagon for this murder, oh wait he should know something about murder shouldn't he. The Airing of Grievances: NFL Sideline Reporting - Bring Back the Juice!
March 27, 201214 yr At a Monday news conference, Trayvon's mother, father and their lawyers called the report that their son was suspended from school because of a marijuana baggy irrelevant and needlessly hurtful. Is the mother correct or is it relevant to the case? I believe the portrayal has been made that Trayvon was a good kid that would do nothing wrong. This flies in the face of that. From a pure legal perspective I totally agree with Trayvon's mother. On the flip side it does bring up character issues most people neglect. So, anyone who smokes pot or got caught with it has character issues and not a good person? If so, I am sure a good number if people on this board fall into that catagory. The only thing that matters is what he did during this event, and well as what Zimmerman did during this event. I am 100% positive that when it's all over, Zimmerman will be locked up, but they are making sure they are doing everything correctly, I give it a couple of weeks.
March 27, 201214 yr Well Rev. Jesse Jackson and Re. Al Sharpton are both there too, fueling the hate and race issue. How can either still call themselves. Rev. Jackson has committed adultery and fathered a child out of wedlock. Sharpton has so much unpaid taxes that if it were you or I, we would be in jail. Why don't he have to pay?
March 27, 201214 yr I wish pot was the only drug anyone had to choose from or do, better than what is out there today. Zimmerman will be locked up regardless. If not there will be a race riot. Funny that they just appointed a new police chief who just happens to be black. IMO race will play a role in what happens to Zimmerman.
March 27, 201214 yr Last night I watched (well, about a minute of it is all I could stand) an interview on CNN with New Black Panthers. They were like most politicians as they never answered the questions directly. If the Martin family says they do not want the group to be involved why do they want to jump in? They just see an opportunity for exposure for themselves, and if you are black and do not agree with them they start the labeling.
March 27, 201214 yr Last night I watched (well, about a minute of it is all I could stand) an interview on CNN with New Black Panthers. They were like most politicians as they never answered the questions directly. If the Martin family says they do not want the group to be involved why do they want to jump in? They just see an opportunity for exposure for themselves, and if you are black and do not agree with them they start the labeling. So true. So true.
March 27, 201214 yr Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton aren't the emporers of black people. I don't know of many black people who take either of them seriously or see them as more than 'activists'(I use that loosely). They both were involved in the civil rights movement but I also believe they both have lost quite a bit of credibility over the years as well. I wouldn't even mention their involvement or want to be associated with them in this day and age. It has proven to be counterproductive instead of productive.
March 27, 201214 yr I wish pot was the only drug anyone had to choose from or do, better than what is out there today. Zimmerman will be locked up regardless. If not there will be a race riot. Funny that they just appointed a new police chief who just happens to be black. IMO race will play a role in what happens to Zimmerman. I do fear that a 'riot' could possibly occur if Zimmerman isn't locked up or not brought up on charges. I don't think it would be a 'race riot'. I am guessing you mean 'riot' and not 'race riot' though. If Zimmerman isn't brought up on charges did race play a role?
March 27, 201214 yr This morning on the Today Show, they cited that Zimmerman told police he shot Trayvon while the kid was on top of him. Forensics and autopsy should determine easily if that were true. If it is, that helps Mr. Zimmerman's case of self-defense. However if it isn't a physical possibility, it shows he might not be telling the truth at all. So has forensics been at work on checking this out the whole time? Are they now? If they are now, why the delay? Lots of peculiar questions here in the handling of this case from the police to the DA.
March 27, 201214 yr Thats whats wrong with people now days, rather shoot you than fight you. Take your whipping, go on with life and learn from it. Be more humble next time.
March 27, 201214 yr If someone is on top of me beating the crap out of me, i don't care if I said something to him or not. I will protect myself.
March 27, 201214 yr If someone is on top of me beating the crap out of me, i don't care if I said something to him or not. I will protect myself. Yep, and then you'll go to jail for murder. You can't initiate the conflict then claim self-defense.
March 27, 201214 yr Yep, and then you'll go to jail for murder. You can't initiate the conflict then claim self-defense.Let's assume Zimmerman is telling the truth. That he was was walking back to his car when Martin came up to him. They start arguing and Martin punches Zimmerman then get's on top of him and starts banging his head into the sidewalk. Is Zimmerman in the right to shoot him then?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.