Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trayvon Martin

Featured Replies

  • Replies 601
  • Views 49.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's assume Zimmerman is telling the truth. That he was was walking back to his car when Martin came up to him. They start arguing and Martin punches Zimmerman then get's on top of him and starts banging his head into the sidewalk. Is Zimmerman in the right to shoot him then?

 

Zimmerman is at fault immediately after he was told not to follow or pursue him anymore and to let the cops take care of it. If Zimmerman follows directions then we never know who Trayvon Martin or Zimmerman is.

Zimmerman is at fault immediately after he was told not to follow or pursue him anymore and to let the cops take care of it. If Zimmerman follows directions then we never know who Trayvon Martin or Zimmerman is.

So once he decided to pursue Martin, Martin was free to do whatever he wanted to do? IF, Zimmerman is telling the truth and Martin attacked him while he was walking back to his truck then Zimmerman was within his rights to defend his self. It does not matter what the dispatcher told Zimmerman.

 

Maybe everyone should just take a breath and let this play out before jumping to conclusions and taking sides. Let's let all the facts come out first.

So once he decided to pursue Martin, Martin was free to do whatever he wanted to do? IF, Zimmerman is telling the truth and Martin attacked him while he was walking back to his truck then Zimmerman was within his rights to defend his self. It does not matter what the dispatcher told Zimmerman.

 

Maybe everyone should just take a breath and let this play out before jumping to conclusions and taking sides. Let's let all the facts come out first.

 

We'll never know the complete truth now. It's always going to be new developments and counters to those developments and both families being dragged through the mud. The way it is portrayed now it's the racist versus the troubled kid. About the only thing I am certain of is that it was a senseless death.

 

If Zimmerman is pursuing Martin isn't Martin the one defending himself?

Let's assume Zimmerman is telling the truth. That he was was walking back to his car when Martin came up to him. They start arguing and Martin punches Zimmerman then get's on top of him and starts banging his head into the sidewalk. Is Zimmerman in the right to shoot him then?

 

That version doesn't make any sense to me so I have to doubt it happened that way. If it did then I would think he would have the right to protect himself, which is sad because he did start the entire chain of events.

So once he decided to pursue Martin, Martin was free to do whatever he wanted to do? IF, Zimmerman is telling the truth and Martin attacked him while he was walking back to his truck then Zimmerman was within his rights to defend his self. It does not matter what the dispatcher told Zimmerman.

 

Maybe everyone should just take a breath and let this play out before jumping to conclusions and taking sides. Let's let all the facts come out first.

 

No, he's not free to do whatever he wants, but Zimmerman doesn't have free reign to bust a cap either.

Honestly as soon as the racist referred to Martin as a "coon" I'm pretty sure he blew a hole in his own "self-defense" defense.

 

It was obvious that Zimmerman caused the situation. If Martin is preceiving danger (people don't just use the term "coon" for kicks), he's well within his right to defend himself from the preceived threat.

We'll never know the complete truth now. It's always going to be new developments and counters to those developments and both families being dragged through the mud. The way it is portrayed now it's the racist versus the troubled kid. About the only thing I am certain of is that it was a senseless death.

 

If Zimmerman is pursuing Martin isn't Martin the one defending himself?

Let me start this by saying I would have a hard time not charging Zimmerman with something. If he would have stayed in his truck Martin would be alive today (at least not shot by Zimmerman). That said if Zimmerman was walking back to his truck when he was attacked then he has a right to defend his self. And no Martin would be the pursuer at that point. Zimmerman getting out of his truck doesn't give Martin carte blanche to do whatever he wants.
That version doesn't make any sense to me so I have to doubt it happened that way. If it did then I would think he would have the right to protect himself, which is sad because he did start the entire chain of events.

Why doesn't that version make sense?

No, he's not free to do whatever he wants, but Zimmerman doesn't have free reign to bust a cap either.
I agree. I would have a real hard time taking someones life over a butt kicking.
Honestly as soon as the racist referred to Martin as a "coon" I'm pretty sure he blew a hole in his own "self-defense" defense.

 

It was obvious that Zimmerman caused the situation. If Martin is preceiving danger (people don't just use the term "coon" for kicks), he's well within his right to defend himself from the preceived threat.

I disagree. If I call a person a racial slur it doesn't give them the right to do what they want. And if they did attack me I should still be allowed to defend myself. It doesn't mean I'm not a racist piece of crap but I still have the right to defend myself. And I agree that Zimmerman caused the situation and like I said before I would have a hard time not charging him with something.
  • Author
Let me start this by saying I would have a hard time not charging Zimmerman with something. If he would have stayed in his truck Martin would be alive today (at least not shot by Zimmerman). That said if Zimmerman was walking back to his truck when he was attacked then he has a right to defend his self. And no Martin would be the pursuer at that point. Zimmerman getting out of his truck doesn't give Martin carte blanche to do whatever he wants.

 

The problem is that we are never going to know what happened once he was outside of the truck. He very well could have gotten out of his truck to go after Martin, lost the tussle, and opened fire. He very well could have gotten out of his truck to check which street he was on when Martin jumped him from out of the bushes. But, from what we do know, Zimmerman should not have been in that situation and the police should have been more diligent in their investigation instead of accepting Zimmerman's account so readily. It's taken a national outcry to actually bring a lot of this information to the surface and now it's a garbled mess.

Why doesn't that version make sense?

 

Zimmerman was much larger and it doesn't make sense to me that the roles would reverse. It would mean believing that he stopped pursuit and retreated while at the same time Martin stopped fleeing, turned and became the aggressor. I'm a big guy but if someone's following me like that and breaks it off, I'm still going to go along on my way, not turn and attack.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.