Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trayvon Martin

Featured Replies

Zimmerman was much larger and it doesn't make sense to me that the roles would reverse. It would mean believing that he stopped pursuit and retreated while at the same time Martin stopped fleeing, turned and became the aggressor. I'm a big guy but if someone's following me like that and breaks it off, I'm still going to go along on my way, not turn and attack.

 

Zimmerman's story just seems odd to me. You point out a great irrationality in his testimony. I also wonder how many kids, alone, away from familiar surroundings (remember he's visiting his Dad's Girl Friend and he's from Miami not there), outweighed by 100 pounds, decides to attack this strange guy who has been dogging him. The kid might be street smart or not so "innocent" (as some are trying to paint him) - but it just doesn't add up.

 

Again, I would love to see the forensics report to see the angle of the firing that killed Trayvon.

  • Replies 601
  • Views 49.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me start this by saying I would have a hard time not charging Zimmerman with something. If he would have stayed in his truck Martin would be alive today (at least not shot by Zimmerman). That said if Zimmerman was walking back to his truck when he was attacked then he has a right to defend his self. And no Martin would be the pursuer at that point. Zimmerman getting out of his truck doesn't give Martin carte blanche to do whatever he wants.

 

 

This is where different stories come into play. I was under the belief that Martin was running away at one point and that Zimmerman chased him into a corner.

 

Now, if I am walking back to my house unarmed and I notice a person following me in their vehicle for an extended period of time causing me to feel threatened then I honestly don't know how I would react whether I catch them walking back to the vehicle or not. I do know I would be fearing for my life. Period.

The problem is that we are never going to know what happened once he was outside of the truck. He very well could have gotten out of his truck to go after Martin, lost the tussle, and opened fire. He very well could have gotten out of his truck to check which street he was on when Martin jumped him from out of the bushes. But, from what we do know, Zimmerman should not have been in that situation and the police should have been more diligent in their investigation instead of accepting Zimmerman's account so readily. It's taken a national outcry to actually bring a lot of this information to the surface and now it's a garbled mess.
You're right, we will never know what happened exactly, unless Zimmerman is telling the 100% truth. There is 1 eye witness that only saw Martin on top of Zimmerman. So as far as the police go what else could they do without further forensic evidence?

 

Zimmerman was much larger and it doesn't make sense to me that the roles would reverse. It would mean believing that he stopped pursuit and retreated while at the same time Martin stopped fleeing, turned and became the aggressor. I'm a big guy but if someone's following me like that and breaks it off, I'm still going to go along on my way, not turn and attack.
According to Zimmerman that's what happened. Although how much pursuing did Zimmerman do? Could it be that he was looking for Martin on foot, couldn't find him and gave up when Martin sees Zimmerman and confronts him. After an argument Martin catches Zimmerman with a punch knocking him down, climbs on top and begins beating him? The fact is to say it doesn't make sense takes a lot of assumptions on your part just like what I've typed takes assumptions on my part. The only full account we have is Zimmerman's. I don't know Martin so I can't say what he would do. I don't know Martin and can't say what I would do is the same as what he would do. Maybe you would go along on your way but isn't is possible Martin wouldn't?

 

This is where different stories come into play. I was under the belief that Martin was running away at one point and that Zimmerman chased him into a corner.

 

Now, if I am walking back to my house unarmed and I notice a person following me in their vehicle for an extended period of time causing me to feel threatened then I honestly don't know how I would react whether I catch them walking back to the vehicle or not. I do know I would be fearing for my life. Period.

Not sure but this is the first time I have heard this version.

My fault. He was on the phone with a friend and she told him to run. Apparently he was on the phone with her from 7:12 to 7:16 and the cops showed up at 7:17. I don't believe she has made a statemtn with the police or been interviewed by them but she has spoken with the media.

 

So many stories. I'm lost in them all.

My fault. He was on the phone with a friend and she told him to run. Apparently he was on the phone with her from 7:12 to 7:16 and the cops showed up at 7:17. I don't believe she has made a statemtn with the police or been interviewed by them but she has spoken with the media.

 

So many stories. I'm lost in them all.

You and me both. That's why I'm trying to take a wait and see approach, especially since the feds are involved. I feel like everyone is using this a soap box for so many issues and it could turn out that a lot of people will have egg on their face when it's over.
You and me both. That's why I'm trying to take a wait and see approach, especially since the feds are involved. I feel like everyone is using this a soap box for so many issues and it could turn out that a lot of people will have egg on their face when it's over.

 

 

Possibly. As humans we all reserve the right to change our minds when the 'correct' information is made public. :D. I can clean egg off of my face with the best of them.

I just don't think Zimmerman's account holds water. His history shows he goes out of his way to place himself into a situation where he may not belong. He's bigger than Martin. Martin is already apprehensive according to his friend who told him to run and he replied he would just walk faster. Martin is in an unfamiliar area. Zimmerman is on his home turf. Zimmerman is ticked off as evidenced by his phone conversation and racial slur. So yes, I have a tough time believing that both people changed their attitudes 180 degrees in the middle of this pursuit. Do I know for sure? Of course not.

I just don't think Zimmerman's account holds water. His history shows he goes out of his way to place himself into a situation where he may not belong. He's bigger than Martin. Martin is already apprehensive according to his friend who told him to run and he replied he would just walk faster. Martin is in an unfamiliar area. Zimmerman is on his home turf. Zimmerman is ticked off as evidenced by his phone conversation and racial slur. So yes, I have a tough time believing that both people changed their attitudes 180 degrees in the middle of this pursuit. Do I know for sure? Of course not.
I have yet to see confirmation of the racial slur. Do you have a link to that?
I have yet to see confirmation of the racial slur. Do you have a link to that?

 

It's audible on the 911 tape...

Let me start this by saying I would have a hard time not charging Zimmerman with something. If he would have stayed in his truck Martin would be alive today (at least not shot by Zimmerman). That said if Zimmerman was walking back to his truck when he was attacked then he has a right to defend his self. And no Martin would be the pursuer at that point. Zimmerman getting out of his truck doesn't give Martin carte blanche to do whatever he wants.

 

Zimmerman's version just doesn't make sense. If he went to the trouble to follow him, call the police, pursue him and then get out of the truck and confront him why would he just turn around and get walk back to the truck? It makes much more sense that he approached Martin who was frightened and possibly became aggresive. Here's the thing: while Martin was walking and Zimmerman was in the truck Martin was certainly no threat to him. Once Zimmerman approached Martin didn't the kid have the right to "stand his ground"? He was the one who was initially approached.

 

Like I said his story just doesn't make sense. Did he go through all of that trouble to pursue the kid and approach him just to get a better look at him? Doesn't hold water.

Zimmerman is at fault immediately after he was told not to follow or pursue him anymore and to let the cops take care of it. If Zimmerman follows directions then we never know who Trayvon Martin or Zimmerman is.
I agree 100%! Zimmerman was told my the PD NOT to follow him, he ignored that, why? Did he want to start a confrontation? Looks that way.

 

Also, I don't care who was on top. In Clifton two nights ago there was a fight, a guy ran towards someone after an arguement from about 10 minutes earlier. The guy who ran up to the other person (initiating the fight) ended up on the bottom, he was still hitting and punching too.

 

Zimmerman did in fact disobey the police by following him, there was a confrontation (all points that he had other ideas), and it is possible that Martin was either jumped or trying to defend himself and still ending up on top, and screaming. I don't believe Zimmerman one bit! I say two weeks and we get the truth and he is behind bars!

The Florida A.G. isn't happy about the police putting out info on the shooting and investigation either, she said there are actually laws against what they have done.

Once again the police did not tell Zimmerman to stop following Martin. A dispatcher who is likely a civilian did.

Once again the police did not tell Zimmerman to stop following Martin. A dispatcher who is likely a civilian did.
Whoever was on the other end, is a trained dispatcher and told him not to follow, he was in the middle of a situation and may not have been thinking clearly, or had other intentions.
  • Author

^ Are you sure? He called the police department, not 911.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.