Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trayvon Martin

Featured Replies

It's 100% murder. He was told to stop pursuing him, and failed to heed the authorities orders. At that point, he's the agressor, and any actions taken by Martin are justified and self-defense. The fact that anyone is trying to defend this racist murderer is beyond comprehension

 

I've been wondering...anyone know if a 911 operator is considered an "authority" figure? Honest question.

  • Replies 601
  • Views 49.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's 100% murder. He was told to stop pursuing him, and failed to heed the authorities orders. At that point, he's the agressor, and any actions taken by Martin are justified and self-defense. The fact that anyone is trying to defend this racist murderer is beyond comprehension
You misunderstand my position, not defending Zimmerman. If in fact we do know all of the facts, then Zimmerman did commit murder. You are kinda making my point, just worded much better. Regardless, if Zimmerman does not like like the color of someones skin is irrelevant. Evil and stupidity are evil and stupidity, any way you slice it. The alleged fact that Zimmerman may or may not have called him a coon does not matter in my opinion. If he called him a jack***, would it have made any difference?
I've been wondering...anyone know if a 911 operator is considered an "authority" figure? Honest question.
Good question. Never really thought about that. It was proper advice, though.
It's 100% murder. He was told to stop pursuing him, and failed to heed the authorities orders. At that point, he's the agressor, and any actions taken by Martin are justified and self-defense. The fact that anyone is trying to defend this racist murderer is beyond comprehension

 

 

 

To be fair he was told to stop pursuing him by a civilian dispatcher, not the police.

 

I still agree that Zimmerman created this whole mess because he's an overzealous police wannabe. He had absolutely no right to approach Martin. Observe and report to the police, that's what neighborhood watch does...

I've been wondering...anyone know if a 911 operator is considered an "authority" figure? Honest question.

 

I doubt it. In Kentucky dispatchers are civilian employees. As far as I know anyways.

To be fair he was told to stop pursuing him by a civilian dispatcher, not the police.

 

I still agree that Zimmerman created this whole mess because he's an overzealous police wannabe. He had absolutely no right to approach Martin. Observe and report to the police, that's what neighborhood watch does...

Agreed.
...I may have called him worse if he was on top of me wearing me out....

 

Just to make sure that everyone understand, the alleged racist words were spoken before there was contact between Zimmerman and Martin.

Just to make sure that everyone understand, the alleged racist words were spoken before there was contact between Zimmerman and Martin.

 

Sounds like it on the 911 tape, yes.

Just to make sure that everyone understand, the alleged racist words were spoken before there was contact between Zimmerman and Martin.
Like I said, I did not listen to it. Still does not change my position on the matter. If he did in fact call him a coon, it does not change the fact that the boy is dead for no good reason based on what we know.
Like I said, I did not listen to it. Still does not change my position on the matter. If he did in fact call him a coon, it does not change the fact that the boy is dead for no good reason based on what we know.

 

 

So for you race has nothing to do with this situation?

So for you race has nothing to do with this situation?

 

In this specific instance, I think race is the ONLY thing that did matter.

In this specific instance, I think race is the ONLY thing that did matter.

 

I think so as well.

So for you race has nothing to do with this situation?
For me? No. It is a human issue, period. The fact that Zimmerman is Hispanic and Martin black does not matter to me. It may or may not have mattered to Zimmerman. It is a tragic situation all the way around. My guess is that when all is said and done, Zimmerman will be convicted of manslaughter or something of that nature. Due to the media template on this matter, he will have a hard time living a safe existence the rest of his life. I am of the opinion that Zimmerman did not set out to kill a black teenager, but due to his overzealous paranoia, a black teenager is dead. Does not matter to me that he is black, white, green, etc... Would you feel better if he were white?
It's 100% murder. He was told to stop pursuing him, and failed to heed the authorities orders. At that point, he's the agressor, and any actions taken by Martin are justified and self-defense. The fact that anyone is trying to defend this racist murderer is beyond comprehension

 

Probably isn't in the legal definition of murder, although I get your point.

For me? No. It is a human issue, period. The fact that Zimmerman is Hispanic and Martin black does not matter to me. It may or may not have mattered to Zimmerman. It is a tragic situation all the way around. My guess is that when all is said and done, Zimmerman will be convicted of manslaughter or something of that nature. Due to the media template on this matter, he will have a hard time living a safe existence the rest of his life. I am of the opinion that Zimmerman did not set out to kill a black teenager, but due to his overzealous paranoia, a black teenager is dead. Does not matter to me that he is black, white, green, etc... Would you feel better if he were white?

 

You keep asking if I would feel better if......

 

Why would I feel better about any of the questions you asked? No to both of them.

 

My opinion is based on what I have read about this situation. You admitted you haven't done much research on the story and I'll admit that the media coverage and the fact that I am black and have multiple hoodie wearing sons has altered my perception of this case. It is definitely a human issue but a lot of the circumstances surrounding this incident hits home a little too hard for a lot of black men such as myself.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.