Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trayvon Martin

Featured Replies

  • Replies 601
  • Views 49.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delete. Double post

FBI has now stepped in. There are Department of Justice questions being raised about the local police investigation. Primarily: 1) Why didn't the police seek out and question the Trayvon Martin's girlfriend after they received his cell phone log, showing that he was on the phone with her for nearly 5 minutes, and that the call ended only seconds before he was shot? 2) Why did the police send a narcotics investigator instead of a homicide investigator? 3) Why didn't the police conduct any testing for drugs and alcohol in George Zimmerman's system?

Clearly, Zimmerman (the "neighborhood watch" guy) instigated the whole incident. However, some say that it is Zimmerman shouting for help on the tapes, that he was underneath the kid and that he suffered injuries. Yet, according to one of the transcripts I read, one of the 911 callers clearly identifies Zimmerman as the person on top during the scuffle.

 

According to the Orlando Sentinel Zimmerman weighs 250 pounds, Martin weighed 140 pounds.

Just to be clear, I don't believe a word of Zimmerman's defense. IMO, he should have been in jail immediately. I am just reporting what is being said in his defense.

I heard this morning that the creator of that law said it would not apply here, since the guy was going after the kid, and that is not "standing ground".

 

I saw the same thing from someone who had successfully defended a few people under the law.

Last night the city commission voted no confidence in the police chief, 3-2.

Last night the city commission voted no confidence in the police chief, 3-2.

 

So does that can the chief?

The state is assigning a special prosecutor to this case.

President Obama quote...."if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon Martin."

President Obama quote...."if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon Martin."

 

:confused: ...I guess that's supposed to mean he feels like Zimmerman was profiling Trayvon? I definitely think Zimmerman WAS profiling him, but I'm honestly a little confused at what Obama was saying here.

Pretty sad situation and I hope this guy gets what he deserved.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.