Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trayvon Martin

Featured Replies

That is interesting and does show a different picture and may help explain the police actions if true. Still, Zimmerman was the cause of the altercation.

 

I have to protest the article's title. No where does the article state that the witness said that Martin attacked Zimmerman, only that Zimmerman was on the bottom of the scrum, for lack of a better word. Zimmerman could still have been the attacker.

  • Replies 601
  • Views 49.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Profiling doesn't mean I am a racist.

 

People profile everyday. Do the police profile groups?

 

As often as I disagree with Mountain Ref I must say that overall I agree with him on this particular post. We all profile. It's 100% human nature.

 

HOWEVER, what some of us do as profiling some (my guess is Zimmerman) does because he has racist-type attitudes ie all black kids are problems and "thugs." The latter causes him to act out.

I have to protest the article's title. No where does the article state that the witness said that Martin attacked Zimmerman, only that Zimmerman was on the bottom of the scrum, for lack of a better word. Zimmerman could still have been the attacker.

 

Good point. If I had to pick a scenario I think Zimmerman did physically try to detain the young man, who responded like I would have. I hope more witnesses are available who can piece together the entire sequence. No matter what, Zimmerman is the bad guy in this.

I don't follow. Reads right to me.
In Sharpton's world, maybe. You are asking to prove a negative. Maybe you need to offer valid proof that he is.:idunno:

On a side note, the picture of the LeBron and the Heat wearing their hoodies in support has gone viral.

 

Would MJ have done this or would he have passed due to concerns over sponsors' reaction?

As often as I disagree with Mountain Ref I must say that overall I agree with him on this particular post. We all profile. It's 100% human nature.

 

HOWEVER, what some of us do as profiling some (my guess is Zimmerman) does because he has racist-type attitudes ie all black kids are problems and "thugs." The latter causes him to act out.

 

I am shocked, you are right though.

In Sharpton's world, maybe. You are asking to prove a negative. Maybe you need to offer valid proof that he is.:idunno:

 

I thought the 911 tape with enhanced audio in which Zimmerman was heard calling Trayvon a coon sealed the deal. I've never known the word coon to be complimentary when discussing blacks. That's new to me.

On a side note, the picture of the LeBron and the Heat wearing their hoodies in support has gone viral.

 

Would MJ have done this or would he have passed due to concerns over sponsors' reaction?

 

MJ wouldn't have touched this at all.

I thought the 911 tape with enhanced audio in which Zimmerman was heard calling Trayvon a coon sealed the deal. I've never known the word coon to be complimentary when discussing blacks. That's new to me.
As I have not followed this issue real close, I have not listened to the recording. Zimmerman was overzealous in his profiling it seems to me, and sadly it ended in him taking someones life. That and words do not make someone the dreaded label of "racist". Would you have felt better if he called him a *******? It seems to me that only five people really know what happened: The Father, The Son, The Holy Ghost, Zimmerman, and Martin. The actual detail of events may never be known and I hope none of us EVER experience what Martin's family is going through right now, as I have four children of my own. Hopefully, justice will be served.
That and words do not make someone the dreaded label of "racist".

 

Referring to a black person as "a coon" sure makes somebody as close to a racist as I can think...

As often as I disagree with Mountain Ref I must say that overall I agree with him on this particular post. We all profile. It's 100% human nature.

 

HOWEVER, what some of us do as profiling some (my guess is Zimmerman) does because he has racist-type attitudes ie all black kids are problems and "thugs." The latter causes him to act out.

 

 

You may be right. My perception of mountainref could be wrong.

Referring to a black person as "a coon" sure makes somebody as close to a racist as I can think...
He may very well be, and quite frankly, do not care if he is or is not. I may have called him worse if he was on top of me wearing me out. The issue at hand is a kid is dead, possibly by "murder" or "manslaughter", which is WRONG, regardless of the reason. If my child were in that situation, I would want justice served, and would not want the race merchants like Sharpton and the a Rev a rund a Jack sonnn shaking people down for their own personal ego and pocketbooks.
As often as I disagree with Mountain Ref I must say that overall I agree with him on this particular post. We all profile. It's 100% human nature.

 

HOWEVER, what some of us do as profiling some (my guess is Zimmerman) does because he has racist-type attitudes ie all black kids are problems and "thugs." The latter causes him to act out.

You are probably right.
He may very well be, and quite frankly, do not care if he is or is not. I may have called him worse if he was on top of me wearing me out. The issue at hand is a kid is dead, possibly by "murder" or "manslaughter", which is WRONG, regardless of the reason. If my child were in that situation, I would want justice served, and would not want the race merchants like Sharpton and the a Rev a rund a Jack sonnn shaking people down for their own personal ego and pocketbooks.

 

It's 100% murder. He was told to stop pursuing him, and failed to heed the authorities orders. At that point, he's the agressor, and any actions taken by Martin are justified and self-defense. The fact that anyone is trying to defend this racist murderer is beyond comprehension

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.