Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trayvon Martin

Featured Replies

:confused: ...I guess that's supposed to mean he feels like Zimmerman was profiling Trayvon? I definitely think Zimmerman WAS profiling him, but I'm honestly a little confused at what Obama was saying here.

 

He was profiling which is why I was surprised to read that he supposedly has black family members and friends. That could just be his family doing damage control though.

  • Replies 601
  • Views 49.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:confused: ...I guess that's supposed to mean he feels like Zimmerman was profiling Trayvon? I definitely think Zimmerman WAS profiling him, but I'm honestly a little confused at what Obama was saying here.

 

He's saying what a lot of black people are saying and what Geraldo Rivera is blaming for Trayvon's death. That in the eyes of a lot of people a young black kid wearing a hoodie is a suspicious character. Obama is saying that what happened to Trayvon could have happened to anyone's young black kid wearing a hoodie. Including his if he had a son.

He was profiling which is why I was surprised to read that he supposedly has black family members and friends. That could just be his family doing damage control though.

 

Has to be. Just like his family pointing out he is half Hispanic.

The same link shows Geraldo has blaming the hoodie.

 

That's crazy isn't it? The hoodie?

That's crazy isn't it? The hoodie?

 

It's sad for a couple of reasons.

 

One is it somehow "explains" the irrational act by the man.

 

It also shows that human nature still tells us whites to watch out for people with certain looks.

It couldn't happen to Obamas kid, he would be on vacation with 25 SS guards.

 

I feel for the family, terrible tragedy.

 

Obama shouldn't comment unless he is going to comment on the rest of the racist problems. Especially gangs.

 

What about the innocent kids that get shot by a drive by this little girl.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/03/19/prosecutors-slain-6-year-old-was-victim-of-gang-violence/

It couldn't happen to Obamas kid, he would be on vacation with 25 SS guards.

 

I feel for the family, terrible tragedy.

 

Obama shouldn't comment unless he is going to comment on the rest of the racist problems. Especially gangs.

 

What about the innocent kids that get shot by a drive by this little girl.

Mom Of Girl Killed On Front Porch: ‘They’re Not People, They’re Animals’ « CBS Chicago

 

What about them? Other than the fact that they have nothing to do with the Martin incident ...

What about them? Other than the fact that they have nothing to do with the Martin incident ...

 

If Obama is going to speak on a case, the I feel he should speak on all cases. He is the leader of our country, what happened to the Trayvon kid was awful, but so was the story I had a link too. Why isn't Obama discussing that one.

If Obama is going to speak on a case, the I feel he should speak on all cases. He is the leader of our country, what happened to the Trayvon kid was awful, but so was the story I had a link too. Why isn't Obama discussing that one.

 

One of the most asinine things I've ever read, especially when you consider gang violence is a daily occurrence in this country, while vigilante wanna-be cops killing black kids is, well, not ordinary.

One of the most asinine things I've ever read, especially when you consider gang violence is a daily occurrence in this country, while vigilante wanna-be cops killing black kids is, well, not ordinary.

 

Those killings happen everyday on every way possible. IMO Obama needs to stay out of local things like this, it is not his place because I feel he should do it for all. Trayvon is not as important as the little girl killed by gang bangers, they are equally as bad.

 

When is Obama going to speak out against the little kids being snatched up, molested, and murdered. That happens everyday.

Those killings happen everyday on every way possible. IMO Obama needs to stay out of local things like this, it is not his place because I feel he should do it for all. Trayvon is not as important as the little girl killed by gang bangers, they are equally as bad.

 

When is Obama going to speak out against the little kids being snatched up, molested, and murdered. That happens everyday.

 

The Martin kid was killed by someone acting as an authority figure, who felt as though he had proxy to act as a member of law enforcement. Whether you care to believe it or not in your whitewashed world, neighborhood block watch captains don't regularly kill black kids and get away with it. To compare it with a relatively common gang incident -- albeit a tragic one -- is being dishonest.

Those killings happen everyday on every way possible. IMO Obama needs to stay out of local things like this, it is not his place because I feel he should do it for all. Trayvon is not as important as the little girl killed by gang bangers, they are equally as bad.

 

When is Obama going to speak out against the little kids being snatched up, molested, and murdered. That happens everyday.

 

Trayvon's killer is well known, his whereabouts are known, and he is still walking free. I've heard/read/seen nothing about gang bangers allowed to walk free after the authorities KNOW they have murdered people. ...the first sentence of your referenced article says, "gang members charged with murder". You are comparing apples and oranges here. Actually, you're comparing apples and drywall - two things that have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with each other.

 

Obama is speaking about a VERY controversial issue regarding a questionable gun law, and a killer whom the authorities are not bringing to justice. These gang bangers who you are ranting about are behind bars.

The Martin kid was killed by someone acting as an authority figure, who felt as though he had proxy to act as a member of law enforcement. Whether you care to believe it or not in your whitewashed world, neighborhood block watch captains don't regularly kill black kids and get away with it. To compare it with a relatively common gang incident -- albeit a tragic one -- is being dishonest.

 

Like this cop acting as an authority figure who was law enforcement. But killed a kid laying face down over a 2dollar bus fare. My world is no where even close to being white washed. Whe was Obama then, not an election year.

Police Kill Teenager After Shooting Him 5 Times In Back And While Laying Face Down On Street

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.