Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trayvon Martin

Featured Replies

True...and I don't carry so in that situation I'd be laying on the ground in a heap of humiliation. I'd pick my fights wisely though. If I thought he could take me I wouldn't mess with him.
:lol:
  • Replies 601
  • Views 49.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder how all of this would have turned out had Martin been carrying a gun? Just a lot of speculation on my part.
Good question.

How would Martin have been viewed had he felt the need to pull his gun and fire on Zimmerman, killing him? Would he have been viewed as a thug? A victim defending himself? A lot to ponder.

^I'm certain he'd be viewed as a thug.

 

 

Just as I'm certain had their races been reversed, Zimmerman would have been arrested on the spot and still be in jail.

^I'm certain he'd be viewed as a thug.

 

 

Just as I'm certain had their races been reversed, Zimmerman would have been arrested on the spot and still be in jail.

Quite possibly. Sort of how I have felt. Or had he not been arrested you would not hear a thing about it.

 

Thought this was an interesting read. Our legal system has a way of sure convoluting things. The Martin/Zimmerman case is just another example. This story has taken off because Zimmerman is portrayed as a white racist looking for trouble harming an innocent black child. Trayvon Martin: Other

Quite possibly. Sort of how I have felt. Or had he not been arrested you would not hear a thing about it.

 

Thought this was an interesting read. Our legal system has a way of sure convoluting things. The Martin/Zimmerman case is just another example. This story has taken off because Zimmerman is portrayed as a white racist looking for trouble harming an innocent black child. Trayvon Martin: Other

 

Isn't Zimmerman Hispanic? I know the media has been calling him a "white Hispanic" or something like that.

Isn't Zimmerman Hispanic? I know the media has been calling him a "white Hispanic" or something like that.

Yes. I believe I read where his voter registration has him as Hispanic. His mother is Peruvian.

Zimmerman's lawyers drops their client today. They said he wouldn't listen to them (sounds familiar) and now he is "missing", they can't get in touch with him.

Zimmerman's lawyers drops their client today. They said he wouldn't listen to them (sounds familiar) and now he is "missing", they can't get in touch with him.

 

To be fair, this does not appear to be a matter of "we think he's guilty and we refuse to defend him". His attorney cited the fact that Zimmerman refuses to contact him, and instead has contacted the special prosecutor for this case, who is working to build a case against him (highly strange), as well as contacting Sean Hannity. You can't represent a client who won't let himself be represented...

 

George Zimmerman’s lawyers withdraw from case, lose contact with Trayvon-case shooter - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Isn't Zimmerman Hispanic? I know the media has been calling him a "white Hispanic" or something like that.

 

I've never heard the media call Obama a "white African American".:idunno:

I've never heard the media call Obama a "white African American".:idunno:

 

I just literally laughed out loud at the gym. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never heard the media call Obama a "white African American".:idunno:

 

I just literally laughed out loud at the gym. :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

Don't be too quick to dismiss it. In South America, where Zimmerman's mother apparently hails from, there has long been a minority population of Europeans -- many of Spanish descent, many also hailing from places such as Portugal, Italy, Germany as well -- living there in some cases since the colonial times, making the possibility of "white Hispanic" a reality.

Charlie Sheen is a white hispanic - don't get caught reenacting scenes from Platoon in Spanish with Charlie Sheen.

Zimmerman has been taken into custody.

 

He has been charged with 2nd degree murder.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.