April 11, 201214 yr Zimmerman has been taken into custody. He has been charged with 2nd degree murder. Will be interesting to see if there is any new information or of they are charging him based only on what we already know.
April 12, 201214 yr Will be interesting to see if there is any new information or of they are charging him based only on what we already know. I haven't followed the "developments" and news reports very closely because most of the information contained therein lacks foundation, but based on what I do know, I hope and pray that the Special Prosecutor has new and additional information to base the charge and arrest. It would seem to this former Prosecutor that the Special Prosecutor would have to have evidence I've not read about in order to charge 2nd degree murder. Here's an article discussing the elements of 2nd degree murder under Florida law (which I'm assuming is accurate but don't know for sure): George Zimmerman Arrested for 2nd Degree Murder | Reuters Note the three elements: The victim is deceased, The victim's death was caused by the defendant's criminal act, and There was an unlawful killing of the victim "by an act imminently dangerous to another and demonstrating a depraved mind without regard for human life." The third one will be the toughy for the Special Prosecutor. Note that the third element has it's own three elements, which as I read it, must all be proven: A "person of ordinary judgment" would know the act, or series of acts, "is reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily injury to another"; The act is "done from ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent"; and The act is "of such a nature that the act itself indicates an indifference to human life." (emphasis added) So, the Special Prosecutor is going to have to establish beyond a reasonable doubt that a person of ordinary judgment would determine that Zimmerman's actions were reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily harm to Martin; that Zimmerman's actions were done with ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent; AND his actions indicate an indifference to human life. I sure as hell hope the Special Prosecutor has more than Zimmerman should have listened to the dispatcher and stayed in his car and he shouldn't have confronted Martin. No fricking way those amount to 2nd degree murder. And I sure hope the Special didn't charge with 2nd degree murder to be able to negotiate a plea bargain of manslaughter. I'm no ethics expert with the Florida bar, but that could be interpreted as unethical conduct. So again, I'm hoping the Special has more than what I've heard/read. Hearsay, you out there? What are your thoughts? It's been a long time since I actively participated in the criminal law arena and I'd love to know your thoughts.
April 12, 201214 yr Zimmerman housed apart at jail, makes purchases - CNN.com Describes a day in the jail cell of George Zimmerman. This is the most interesting line I thought: According to a booking sheet, Zimmerman weighs 185 pounds and is 5 foot 8 inches tall. Tattoos include theatrical masks and a cross on the chest. Granted I am sure he has lost a lot of weight these past few weeks, but 55 lbs seems like a lot. Would he have a booking sheet from when he was brought in the night of the murder?
April 13, 201214 yr I haven't followed the "developments" and news reports very closely because most of the information contained therein lacks foundation, but based on what I do know, I hope and pray that the Special Prosecutor has new and additional information to base the charge and arrest. It would seem to this former Prosecutor that the Special Prosecutor would have to have evidence I've not read about in order to charge 2nd degree murder. Here's an article discussing the elements of 2nd degree murder under Florida law (which I'm assuming is accurate but don't know for sure): George Zimmerman Arrested for 2nd Degree Murder | Reuters Note the three elements: The victim is deceased, The victim's death was caused by the defendant's criminal act, and There was an unlawful killing of the victim "by an act imminently dangerous to another and demonstrating a depraved mind without regard for human life." The third one will be the toughy for the Special Prosecutor. Note that the third element has it's own three elements, which as I read it, must all be proven: A "person of ordinary judgment" would know the act, or series of acts, "is reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily injury to another"; The act is "done from ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent"; and The act is "of such a nature that the act itself indicates an indifference to human life." (emphasis added) So, the Special Prosecutor is going to have to establish beyond a reasonable doubt that a person of ordinary judgment would determine that Zimmerman's actions were reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily harm to Martin; that Zimmerman's actions were done with ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent; AND his actions indicate an indifference to human life. I sure as hell hope the Special Prosecutor has more than Zimmerman should have listened to the dispatcher and stayed in his car and he shouldn't have confronted Martin. No fricking way those amount to 2nd degree murder. And I sure hope the Special didn't charge with 2nd degree murder to be able to negotiate a plea bargain of manslaughter. I'm no ethics expert with the Florida bar, but that could be interpreted as unethical conduct. So again, I'm hoping the Special has more than what I've heard/read. Hearsay, you out there? What are your thoughts? It's been a long time since I actively participated in the criminal law arena and I'd love to know your thoughts. [*]A "person of ordinary judgment" would know the act, or series of acts, "is reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily injury to another"; [*]The act is "done from ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent"; and [*]The act is "of such a nature that the act itself indicates an indifference to human life." (emphasis added) 1. He got out of his truck with a gun. Yes there is a conceal carry law, but getting out of your truck with a gun is dually noted that it can cause cause serious bodily injury or kill another. 2. The act is obviously done in ill will, hatred, spite or an evil intent. "These a-holes, they always get away." He thought Trayvon was up to no good. Remember, I';ve always said Zimmerman guessed wrong. 3. Go back to No. 1 for this. Also remember Trayvon is screaming for help as well. The way he is screaming suggests he was giving himself up. As I have always said, he sounds like he was hurt already. But the mortician said he had no signs of a scuffle. That will be easiest to prove because also the 9-1-1 operator told Zimmerman his help was not needed. This clearly shows he could care less he was setting his scene and was going to act out his dream.
April 13, 201214 yr Zimmerman housed apart at jail, makes purchases - CNN.com Describes a day in the jail cell of George Zimmerman. This is the most interesting line I thought: According to a booking sheet, Zimmerman weighs 185 pounds and is 5 foot 8 inches tall. Tattoos include theatrical masks and a cross on the chest. Granted I am sure he has lost a lot of weight these past few weeks, but 55 lbs seems like a lot. Would he have a booking sheet from when he was brought in the night of the murder? That kind of fits with the estimates I heard from talking heads who had viewed the film. Based on him being 5'9" they were guessing 170 to 200 lbs.
April 13, 201214 yr [*]A "person of ordinary judgment" would know the act, or series of acts, "is reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily injury to another"; [*]The act is "done from ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent"; and [*]The act is "of such a nature that the act itself indicates an indifference to human life." (emphasis added) 1. He got out of his truck with a gun. Yes there is a conceal carry law, but getting out of your truck with a gun is dually noted that it can cause cause serious bodily injury or kill another. 2. The act is obviously done in ill will, hatred, spite or an evil intent. "These a-holes, they always get away." He thought Trayvon was up to no good. Remember, I';ve always said Zimmerman guessed wrong. 3. Go back to No. 1 for this. Also remember Trayvon is screaming for help as well. The way he is screaming suggests he was giving himself up. As I have always said, he sounds like he was hurt already. But the mortician said he had no signs of a scuffle. That will be easiest to prove because also the 9-1-1 operator told Zimmerman his help was not needed. This clearly shows he could care less he was setting his scene and was going to act out his dream. According to the quotes, the standard is "reasonably certain", not "can cause". Second degree murder seems like it will be hard for her to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. I didn't read too much on it lately, is there also lesser charges like manslaughter?
April 13, 201214 yr Obama is loving the race problem, it is only helping him ensure the black vote. Wonder why he doesn't talk about the New Black Panther Party and their recent comments
April 13, 201214 yr Zimmerman housed apart at jail, makes purchases - CNN.com Describes a day in the jail cell of George Zimmerman. This is the most interesting line I thought: According to a booking sheet, Zimmerman weighs 185 pounds and is 5 foot 8 inches tall. Tattoos include theatrical masks and a cross on the chest. Granted I am sure he has lost a lot of weight these past few weeks, but 55 lbs seems like a lot. Would he have a booking sheet from when he was brought in the night of the murder? I doubt it on the booking sheet because he wasn't actually booked. He was interviewed and released.
April 13, 201214 yr Obama is loving the race problem, it is only helping him ensure the black vote. Wonder why he doesn't talk about the New Black Panther Party and their recent comments Because they aren't worthy of discussion in most intellectual circles. He could potentially do more damage by even discussing them also. If I was his campaign manager he'd never acknowledge their existence publicly.
April 13, 201214 yr Maybe the special prosecutor knows something we don't. Wouldn't the special prosecutor be privy to information that we don't know?
April 13, 201214 yr Because they aren't worthy of discussion in most intellectual circles. He could potentially do more damage by even discussing them also. If I was his campaign manager he'd never acknowledge their existence publicly. Well maybe he should show the people of America he is for Ending racial problems instead of adding to them. If someone puts a bounty on your head publically, isn't that against the law? EDITORIAL: Holder's Black Panther blind spot - Washington Times Attorney J. Christian Adams, who resigned from Justice in 2010 to protest the handling of the Black Panther case, testified before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights that he was told “cases are not going to be brought against black defendants for the benefit of white victims.” The December 2010 Civil Rights Commission report on its investigation said, “
April 13, 201214 yr Well maybe he should show the people of America he is for Ending racial problems instead of adding to them. If someone puts a bounty on your head publically, isn't that against the law? EDITORIAL: Holder's Black Panther blind spot - Washington Times Attorney J. Christian Adams, who resigned from Justice in 2010 to protest the handling of the Black Panther case, testified before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights that he was told “cases are not going to be brought against black defendants for the benefit of white victims.” The December 2010 Civil Rights Commission report on its investigation said, “ Once again, unscramble the letters to AMERICA and you get I AM RACE
April 13, 201214 yr According to the quotes, the standard is "reasonably certain", not "can cause". Second degree murder seems like it will be hard for her to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. I didn't read too much on it lately, is there also lesser charges like manslaughter? I'd say carrying a gun, a concealed weapon, that a person whom does this is reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily injury, hence the concealed weapon for protection. They gonna use his own thinking against him. This stand your ground law was written by top lawmakers. A top lawmaker, such as a specially assigned prosector by the govenor, would know ho wto use this against Zimmerman. The man is toast.
April 13, 201214 yr [*]A "person of ordinary judgment" would know the act, or series of acts, "is reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily injury to another"; [*]The act is "done from ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent"; and [*]The act is "of such a nature that the act itself indicates an indifference to human life." (emphasis added) 1. He got out of his truck with a gun. Yes there is a conceal carry law, but getting out of your truck with a gun is dually noted that it can cause cause serious bodily injury or kill another. 2. The act is obviously done in ill will, hatred, spite or an evil intent. "These a-holes, they always get away." He thought Trayvon was up to no good. Remember, I';ve always said Zimmerman guessed wrong. 3. Go back to No. 1 for this. Also remember Trayvon is screaming for help as well. The way he is screaming suggests he was giving himself up. As I have always said, he sounds like he was hurt already. But the mortician said he had no signs of a scuffle. That will be easiest to prove because also the 9-1-1 operator told Zimmerman his help was not needed. This clearly shows he could care less he was setting his scene and was going to act out his dream. Where was it confirmed that it was Trayvon screaming for help?
April 13, 201214 yr Obama is loving the race problem, it is only helping him ensure the black vote. Wonder why he doesn't talk about the New Black Panther Party and their recent comments http://bluegrasspreps.com/controversial-issues/no-black-people-233986-page2.html Pretty sure Obama wasn't behind this. Your friends might be, though.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.