Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 87 Iowa State 71

Featured Replies

Sure but that's what I'm saying, I watched the replay and heard what was said and every thing about it looked like it was coming from Jones. If nothing else it's a lesson to him to control himself and not get too caught up in the moment.

 

IMO, if UK doesn't have an 18 point lead that T doesn't get called. Officials have to be a little more tolerable this time of year, JMO.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Same here. It would've been a bad call if it would've been called on the floor, but what made it a terrible call was the fact that the Cyclone player rook like 3 or 4 more steps before shooting, and got a shooting foul. I dont think Lamb was even near him at all when he began the act of shooting.

 

The officials in all games this tourney have been worse than years past by far.

I could buy that if he didn't go to the line for 2 shots.

 

He did? It wasn't double bonus? If not I'm not sure where the foul was then.

He did? It wasn't double bonus? If not I'm not sure where the foul was then.

 

 

Nope, not double bonus. I believe that was the 6th foul of the half.

I don't think that T would have been called if they hadn't T'd up the Cyclone's coach earlier. He way overreacted on that one. Jones obviously knocked the ball off White's leg.

 

Pretty sure the Mayor was looking for "slap" foul on that one.

I think they handle Indiana by at least 15. Davis played 22-23 minutes last time and Jones was a no show and Indiana hit like 7 three's in a row and it still took a last second shot to beat UK and that's with Teague and Miller not fouling when Cal told them to since they had fouls to give. Plus it was in Indy... Add on the fact they are ****ed ESPN keeps showing the play and Cal will not have to motivate them for this game. He just needs to make sure they remember to show up for the Elite 8.

Pretty sure the Mayor was looking for "slap" foul on that one.

 

It wasn't there.

It wasn't there.

 

No argument but I think that's what his claim was.

IMO, if UK doesn't have an 18 point lead that T doesn't get called. Officials have to be a little more tolerable this time of year, JMO.

 

 

If he said what it seemed he did then I think it get's called regardless but I think it was just an emotional play, not intended to be malicious or in poor taste. Now when Iowa State's coach got T'd up and went on a verbal tirade, well that was a little bit different. Those words were thought out where as Jone's word was more of a split second reaction IMO.

His physical reaction was not enough to warrant a T. He would have had to say something to make it T-worthy.

 

I read a tweet from Matt Jones I think that said Royce White actually said something but because of Jones' reaction the ref thought it came from him. Not sure how accurate that may be.

 

 

Edit: I hadn't read page 1 prior to typing this.

So happy. Great win by the boys. The 30-10 run was a thing of beauty. Royce White yelling he's the best player in the country was funny. Cal calls a TO and lights out. My voice is gone, but will be back by Thursday.

 

No one complained about the bench getting PT tonight?? Nice.

 

Can't wait for IU!

I had an uneasy feeling for a while. ISU kept counter punching but in the end UK's defense was too much. A very good game plan by the Clones but Davis' length caused so many errant shots without even laying a hand on them. Royce White is all that and a bag of chips.

Cats get a tough win on a neutral court.

I had an uneasy feeling for a while. ISU kept counter punching but in the end UK's defense was too much. A very good game plan by the Clones but Davis' length caused so many errant shots without even laying a hand on them. Royce White is all that and a bag of chips.

 

 

Sad to hear about White's anxiety condition, have to imagine that could cost him some money later in life but I wish him the best of luck.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.