Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thoughts on Michael Kidd Gilchrist

Featured Replies

I have no information or inside scoop but for some reason I think MKG will return to UK for his sophmore season. I know his statement a couple of weeks ago are playing into this feeling but even before then that was the vibe I got. What do the rest of you guys think?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe he comes back too, but then again, I also believe in the Great Pumpkin.

No way MKG comes back next year. I have seen him as high as #2 in the draft..

I doubt he returns and I think it would be foolish for him to if the projections are remotely correct. I hope that I am wrong.

I doubt he returns and I think it would be foolish for him to if the projections are remotely correct. I hope that I am wrong.

 

Look no further than Sullinger for the reason to leave when you are hot. He was close to being a top 3 pick last year. Now, he'll still be a lottery pick, maybe a top 5, but he won't be as high as he would have been last year. That equates to a loss of a couple million.

I think he is the kind of kid that what happens in the tournament might have something to do with his decisions. Win and leave... lose and stay. Just a guess.

I think he is gone either way. It's just to much to pass up. He seems like the kind of kid that would love to comeback but it just doesn't make sense.

  • Author

Just heard Matt Jones say on his radio show that he feels more certain than ever that he will return. Said he if he had to put a percentage on it that he would say 70% he returns.

Gone.....Cal will see to it.....Davis #1 and MKG #2....no way he passes that up....he can't go anywhere but down

Just heard Matt Jones say on his radio show that he feels more certain than ever that he will return. Said he if he had to put a percentage on it that he would say 70% he returns.

 

Matt Jones is an idiot.

I honestly feel he will be back.

Cal gets a bad wrap for this, and I'm not sure why. He tries to better and further collegiate athletes. He tries to maximize their earning potential, which is the job of any teacher. Therefore, when they are deciding if they should leave or not, Cal tells them what he thinks. I think he tells MKG to go, because he has a greater shot at hurting his stock than helping it. As I said before, Cal will get a bad wrap for this, but other coaches who try to get their players to come back to better themselves is looked upon favorably. Am I missing something here? Who has the players' interests at heart? The guy who chooses based on what is best for the player or the guy who chooses based on what is best for the coach?

 

That being said, MKG is gone.

Cal gets a bad wrap for this, and I'm not sure why. He tries to better and further collegiate athletes. He tries to maximize their earning potential, which is the job of any teacher. Therefore, when they are deciding if they should leave or not, Cal tells them what he thinks. I think he tells MKG to go, because he has a greater shot at hurting his stock than helping it. As I said before, Cal will get a bad wrap for this, but other coaches who try to get their players to come back to better themselves is looked upon favorably. Am I missing something here? Who has the players' interests at heart? The guy who chooses based on what is best for the player or the guy who chooses based on what is best for the coach?

 

That being said, MKG is gone.

 

He's a players first coach...plain and simple. Which I think benefits the program and himself more in the long run.

I think he is gone either way. It's just to much to pass up. He seems like the kind of kid that would love to comeback but it just doesn't make sense.

 

I agree.

I honestly feel he will be back.

 

I sure hope that you are right.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.