Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thoughts on Michael Kidd Gilchrist

Featured Replies

Cal gets a bad wrap for this, and I'm not sure why. He tries to better and further collegiate athletes. He tries to maximize their earning potential, which is the job of any teacher. Therefore, when they are deciding if they should leave or not, Cal tells them what he thinks. I think he tells MKG to go, because he has a greater shot at hurting his stock than helping it. As I said before, Cal will get a bad wrap for this, but other coaches who try to get their players to come back to better themselves is looked upon favorably. Am I missing something here? Who has the players' interests at heart? The guy who chooses based on what is best for the player or the guy who chooses based on what is best for the coach?

 

That being said, MKG is gone.

 

Did any of the guys who came back this year (both Joneses, Barnes, Sullinger, Henson, etc) improve their draft stock by returning? I'm thinking no.

 

I totally agree with your assessment of Cal. As a fan, I'd love to see MKG & others return. But the decision they make is going to dramatically effect how they provide for themselves & their families.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did any of the guys who came back this year (both Joneses, Barnes, Sullinger, Henson, etc) improve their draft stock by returning? I'm thinking no.

 

I wasn't sure what he was projected but I think Barnes has at worst, stayed the same.

I wasn't sure what he was projected but I think Barnes has at worst, stayed the same.

 

That's what I'm thinking with all of them (except maybe T. Jones, who perhaps has regressed?). I don't see how any have improved.

Did any of the guys who came back this year (both Joneses, Barnes, Sullinger, Henson, etc) improve their draft stock by returning? I'm thinking no.

 

If anything they hurt their draft stock. Henson maybe being the only exception. I am not seeing any of those 4 being high caliber players in the NBA. Jones was regressing all through last season. After Maui he was top 2 or 3. Then plummeted the rest of the year and this year even more exposed him. Great athlete but he struggles to get off his shot. He is almost too left handed if that makes sense.

Did any of the guys who came back this year (both Joneses, Barnes, Sullinger, Henson, etc) improve their draft stock by returning? I'm thinking no.

 

I totally agree with your assessment of Cal. As a fan, I'd love to see MKG & others return. But the decision they make is going to dramatically effect how they provide for themselves & their families.

 

Here's another one you can add to the list of players who dropped in the draft by coming back - Kyle Singler of Duke 2011.

If anything they hurt their draft stock. Henson maybe being the only exception. I am not seeing any of those 4 being high caliber players in the NBA. Jones was regressing all through last season. After Maui he was top 2 or 3. Then plummeted the rest of the year and this year even more exposed him. Great athlete but he struggles to get off his shot. He is almost too left handed if that makes sense.

 

I made my comment not really knowing about where Henson was projected at the end of last year vs. his projection right now, so I'll take your word for it.

 

Here's another one you can add to the list of players who dropped in the draft by coming back - Kyle Singler of Duke 2011.

 

Definitely.

Matt Jones is an idiot.

 

I've always found this statement funny. The guy is a professional UK fan for a living... man what an idiot!!!!

I've always found this statement funny. The guy is a professional UK fan for a living... man what an idiot!!!!

 

Professional UK Fan and Duke Law grad. I've heard some stories about Matt Jones' legal career which were AWESOME.

 

I'm not really a Matt Jones fan, but he is living the good life.

I've always found this statement funny. The guy is a professional UK fan for a living... man what an idiot!!!!

 

OK.. I'll be more specific: Idiot WRT news/opinion/analysis. Genius WRT running a popular blog and leveraging it into other media opportunities.

OK.. I'll be more specific: Idiot WRT news/opinion/analysis. Genius WRT running a popular blog and leveraging it into other media opportunities.

 

I've never met him, nor know him personally, but I don't think he considers himself one to be great at analysis.

 

The fact that he was named one of 8 people to be followed on Twitter throughout the NCAA tourny by USA Today tells me that he must be doing something right.

Matt was on WHAS 840 with Dave Jennings Tony Vanettie last nite, it was very interesting. Matt & Tony got very heated.

Matt was on WHAS 840 with Dave Jennings Tony Vanettie last nite, it was very interesting. Matt & Tony got very heated.

 

I'm about halfway through listening to that. Very entertaining stuff!

I know MKG wants to come back and he may come back but I don't think it would be in his best interest and for that reason alone I think he will leave. Wouldn't be surprised to see him come back and visit early and often though.

Wish he would stay but like others fell Cal will tellhim it is in his best interest to go pro. My feelings on one and done are this I wish players could turn after High School or if not have players play 2 years before they could turn pro. Either way MKG goes I wish him luck and have enjoyed watching how hard he playes every game.

While I think MKG ultimately goes pro after the season, if he does choose to stay, I would think that's a good sign that Cal isn't going anywhere.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.