Simon Kenton 78 George Rogers Clark 55

First off -- disclaimer, I'm not an SK guy... But SK looked like one of the most physical HS teams I've seen in a long time. Their top 6 aren't wildly athletic or particularly quick-footed (outside of perhaps Maggi Jones) but they are so are extremely powerful. Tonight they pulled offensive rebound after offensive rebound, and bucket in the paint after bucket in the paint. Jones hit at least five 3pt shots from the perimeter which helped open the middle quite a bit.

Don't get it twisted, GRC didn't look "bad" by any stretch. They just didn't have the firepower or the physicality to matchup with the SKLPs. From my angle, there are only three types of teams who have a shot against SK... 1) An extremely athletic, high tempo team who can neutralize SK's backcourt. Something like a Scott High (when healthy -- I know Mya Meredith's injury could change things). 2) An extremely big, powerful team who can even the odds in the frontcourt. Something like Connor (although to be honest, I don't think Connor's backcourt can handle SK's backcourt of Jones and Schawe). 3) An extremely balanced team who can just beat SK straight up, like a Sacred Heart.

Just my two cents. :D