Wild 2 Blue Jackets 1 (NHL)

swamprat

In Minneapolis.

There was a weird 8 or so minute stretch, in the 2nd period, where one team or the other or both were short a man due to penalty. I assume the refs were trying to remind somebody who was in control of the game, as it was getting chippy. John Tortorella was not a happy camper.

The bread man scored the only goal for Columbus.

In Minneapolis.

There was a weird 8 or so minute stretch, in the 2nd period, where one team or the other or both were short a man due to penalty. I assume the refs were trying to remind somebody who was in control of the game, as it was getting chippy. John Tortorella was not a happy camper.

The bread man scored the only goal for Columbus.

I know this is off topic but thought I'd share. My daughter and I drove to Columbus on Friday night to watch the Jackets take on the Habs. The Blue Jackets organization offers many tickets at nicely discounted prices, such as Student Rush tickets, Military discounts, etc. Most times, you can purchase lower bowl seats for $34 and it's a great deal. We chose the Military discount this time due to it being Military Appreciation Night. I was excited when purchasing my seats online and saw that they were located 11 rows directly behind the shoot twice goal in the lower bowl. When we got to the arena and located our seats, my heart immediately sunk when I realized that the overhead goal camera blocked 50% of my view of the far end of the ice. We also couldn't see directly behind the goal in front of us because of the angle of our seats. As a result, I couldn't get into the game at all because I couldn't see what was going on half the time and I had no idea which lines were out there. I'm not upset and chalk it up to an unfortunate experience. If we would've sat 5 rows further back, this problem wouldn't have occurred. I just find it very strange that we could sit so close and yet struggle to see much of the action. I believe these tickets go for $90+ apiece at face value and I'd be super angry if I paid full price for them. We've had great discounted lower bowl seats before and we've never had a problem with the view. This one was just a perfect storm of wrong seat at the wrong time.