Louisville City at FC Cincinnati Predictions

Getslow

The Dirty River Derby is BACK!

First of at least three games this season is Saturday evening at Nippert. Another game in Cincinnati on May 26 followed by a game in Louisville over the summer. Doesn’t include possible US Open Cup or playoff meetings.

Lou City and FCC are both unbeaten thus far. It’s FCC’s home opener. Lou City are the reigning champions.

Should be a great one.

Im calling a 1-1 draw for the first game. FCC snags one mid first half. Louisville equalizes sometime in the final 15 minutes.

Season so far:

FCC

1-0 W at Charleston Battery

1-0 W at Indy XI

Lou City

2-0 W vs. Nashville SC

1-0 W vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies

No doubt that’s a great start for FCC. Considering Indy XI didn’t even have a full roster of players three weeks before the season started I don’t know how good they really are yet but FCC had so much trouble against Charleston last year that I’m sure they’re thrilled to overcome that particular hurdle.

Louisville’s game against Tampa last week was billed as a battle between the two favorites in the East and it lived up to with each keeper making a couple impressive saves and Louisville relentlessly attacking the Tampa rear midfield until they finally found a way through.

I’m not yet convinced that the soon-to-be-MLS Nashville SC are actually any good.