Meade County 76 Breckinridge County 66

Meade Co. played great last night. Contributions from a lot of players. When they play like this, they are going to be hard to beat. Ask Central Hardin, who was dominated by Meade a week or so ago. Central Hardin won their district and routed E-Town in the process.

Matthews had a tremendous stat line according to the newspaper, 19 Pts, 12 Rebs, 4 Assists, 3 Blocks, 3 Steals. Some of his passes were outstanding. At 6'5", he's not just a big guy. He can also step out and shoot the three (had two last night and one at a key moment). I think he got his fingers on more shots and had more than 3 blocks. He and Chezney Weick dominated the paint and the boards. Schwartz was very crafty and hard to defend. Collard has contributed nicely as well. All four made the All District team.

Here is a question I've asked all season - Who has been consistently putting up the kind of numbers that Matthews has in this region???? I've asked this question throughout the year, but I haven't heard any objective responses. Not just scoring, rebounding, or passing alone, etc.... I'm talking about all of those things together.

Breckinridge actually hit a bunch of shots last night and played a decent game overall. Poole did his usual thing and is the best pure scorer in the region (he's amazing to watch). IMO, Noffsinger's FG% is far too low (at just above 40%) and is no comparison to what Poole has done this year. Looks like Noffsinger is a volume shooter based on the number of shots he takes compared to the rest of his team.

Very few times this year (and only against some elite players outside of the 3rd region) have I felt that Matthews was not the best overall player on the floor. Poole is a pure scorer and one of the best in the state, so it is hard to compare the two.

I think some have given the early POY nod to what they called the best player on what was considered to be the best team in the region throughout the year. I think Matthews and Poole are/were deserving of more consideration.

Meade Co. played great last night. Contributions from a lot of players. When they play like this, they are going to be hard to beat. Ask Central Hardin, who was dominated by Meade a week or so ago. Central Hardin won their district and routed E-Town in the process.

Matthews had a tremendous stat line according to the newspaper, 19 Pts, 12 Rebs, 4 Assists, 3 Blocks, 3 Steals. Some of his passes were outstanding. At 6'5", he's not just a big guy. He can also step out and shoot the three (had two last night and one at a key moment). I think he got his fingers on more shots and had more than 3 blocks. He and Chezney Weick dominated the paint and the boards. Schwartz was very crafty and hard to defend. Collard has contributed nicely as well. All four made the All District team.

Here is a question I've asked all season - Who has been consistently putting up the kind of numbers that Matthews has in this region???? I've asked this question throughout the year, but I haven't heard any objective responses. Not just scoring, rebounding, or passing alone, etc.... I'm talking about all of those things together.

Breckinridge actually hit a bunch of shots last night and played a decent game overall. Poole did his usual thing and is the best pure scorer in the region (he's amazing to watch). IMO, Noffsinger's FG% is far too low (at just above 40%) and is no comparison to what Poole has done this year. Looks like Noffsinger is a volume shooter based on the number of shots he takes compared to the rest of his team.

Very few times this year (and only against some elite players outside of the 3rd region) have I felt that Matthews was not the best overall player on the floor. Poole is a pure scorer and one of the best in the state, so it is hard to compare the two.

I think some have given the early POY nod to what they called the best player on what was considered to be the best team in the region throughout the year. I think Matthews and Poole are/were deserving of more consideration.

Central plays John Hardin for the 17th district title tonight at 7. They very well may win it, but they haven't as of yet.