Rockmom

nWo

@rockmom

Everything should be good to go for your daughter. Looks like Kansas City is located in the middle of all the wintry weather. The snow looks to stay north of the KC metro area like I said earlier. Snow from KC to St. Louis along I-70 dusting to 1/2" and this is mainly in the St. Louis area.

snku_024h.us_c.png

Here's what the precip looks like as of now. This is from 6 pm to 6 am CST.

kc.gif

And this is what the temps could look like 6 pm to noon CST

temp.gif

Tell your daughter just be careful when they reach southern Illinois and Indiana.

Here are the possible freezing rain accumulations. The time period ending at 9 am CST

zr_acc.us_ov.png

Their trip today to Louisville should be ok. Let them know just to be mindful of possible black ice especially in Indiana. High temps look to only reach the mid to upper 20s along the I-70 corridor in Missouri. They could run into some light snow in Illinois and southern Indiana. Dusting to around 1" in both areas. The trip through southern Indiana could see them with the best chance of icy road conditions. Anywhere from a .10-.30" of freezing rain accumulations will be possible. I'll be watching it today and send you updates later.

Their trip today to Louisville should be ok. Let them know just to be mindful of possible black ice especially in Indiana. High temps look to only reach the mid to upper 20s along the I-70 corridor in Missouri. They could run into some light snow in Illinois and southern Indiana. Dusting to around 1" in both areas. The trip through southern Indiana could see them with the best chance of icy road conditions. Anywhere from a .10-.30" of freezing rain accumulations will be possible. I'll be watching it today and send you updates later.

Thank you so much! Copying and pasting to text to them now. You are a rock star!

Do you do space weather? It's been awhile since I've heard from Bluegrasscard, my space weather guy over in the astronomy thread. If we get rocked by a huge geo storm without him alerting me first , I'm gonna fire him . :)
Actually I do know of a site for space weather. I'll check it out and see what I can learn.

@rockmom did your daughter make the trip ok?

Yep. Sorry. I went back to work today after a week off sick and I just got home. They were SO appreciative of your info! It really helped them make alternate route plans to avoid potential bad weather and it worked like a charm. All due to your info!